FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » studying for SATs -- updated! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: studying for SATs -- updated!
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
my score went up from 1260 to 1410 with the Princeton Review CD-ROM. Actually, I scored even higher on the PSATs, and then didn't study between the PSATs and the SATs if I had I think I would have done better.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, most Algebra II and above courses require graphing calculators now.
When I took the SATs last year, most students had them. They do give an advantage.

Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my scores today.

I had a stressfull week leading up to the test day, and I stayed out 'till 10 the night before. Then when I was getting ready for the next morning, I was seriously panicking for about a half hour because I couldn't find my admission ticket.

The test started out pretty well. I felt awake and the first two sections were pretty easy, and I was thinking "This isn't too bad, I can do this!" Then it got hard. About halfway through I almost cried and gave up, but I stuck with it. I spent the rest of the day in a daze, my brain was totally gone.

And then I got my scores today. Since the practice test, my math was improved by 20 points, and the verbal by 40. [Smile] I wish I could've done better, but I am satisfied. [Smile]

Thank you Icarus and rivka for all your help! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me advice.
[Hail]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Eruve! Good for you! [Party]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy with my score, but I'm considering taking the 2005 SAT.
I'd probably have to keep the 2005 score, which might end up being worse since it's harder. But I could take it this fall, and again in the spring...
Hmmm...

(oh yeah, and my brother beat my score by 80 pts)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! I remember taking it about two years ago, and... well I never woke up on saturdays before noon, at that point, so 8am was a bit too far a stretch for me. I decided just to sleep all that friday and all-night it. Unfortunately, while I was up all night in preperation for the test, all I did was watch infomercials and cartoons, neglecting to study AT ALL (not just that night) for the SAT... I am convinced this was the path for me, cuz I got me a 1310 without even trying [ROFL] Haven't used that score for anything, yet, but I'm sure it's gonna come in handy sometime. *shrugs* Again, good job. =)
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.