FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Eligible hatracker (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Eligible hatracker
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Paul and I have a retroactive date to plan here, Polio. Could you show some respect?

Paul, I have decided the best time is NOT my sophomore year. i got a bit chubby that year, and you like the lean types. So, fast forward a year to junior year(1984-1985)I was playing ice hockey, in very good shape, and doing well in school. Single, and not happy about it.

i LOVE the North End, but dang it, I am underage!

Wait, no I am not! The drinking age in Mass was 19 then! Would you buy me a sambuca to close out the meal? I would have given you anything then...

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
It's lots of fun to make actual dating sites complementary. If a bunch of people register, you can see how well you match up and laugh at strange people with each other. As it turns out, match percentages among people whom you already hang out with for their words alone can be very high.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Narrativium; [ROFL] It's the same thing. "Honey, you should have brought a blanket." "Sweetie, this music sucks. Do you have any Backstreet Boys CDs?" "EEK! A SPIDER!" "Why didn't you bring any bug spray?" "I hate peanut butter sandwiches, what were you thinking?" "Let's go home."
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Least it isn't nosepicking.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Darn it, it is just like 1984. I have been stood up again!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
*Drives up in 1955 Chevy Bel Air.

Hey, Paul asked me to pick you up and take you to his place since it's on my way to friend's house where I was headed to. His car broke down and he's borrowing mine. Ya two just need to drop me off at my friend's place on yer way.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I haven't stood you up yet [Wink]

Yeah, I'd buy you a sambuca.

There are some really great resturants in the north end.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Paul: I like the "yet." ha ha

There was one restaurant my uncle took me to in the Nawth End years ago. I wish I remembered the name.

I would also be happy to go to the Newbridge Cafe in Everett. Ever hear of that? Steak tips from heaven!

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't heard of it. Perhaps I'll try it out at somepoint!
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
Re: the Jewish/Atheist thing:

I know tons of Jewish Atheists, and I'm dating one of them. He really, really likes being Jewish - the rituals, the culture, going to temple for high holy days, etc. - but happens to not believe in a god. He considers being Jewish an important part of his identity.

I like to joke that he has plenty of religion, but no faith, while I have plenty of faith, but no religion.

I also have a friend who believes Judaism is purely a religion, and not cultural at all. He doesn't believe in a god, doesn't consider himself Jewish, and gets offended when people identify him as a Jew (it doesn't help that his last name is Cohen).

Sorry, Paul, I'm a horrible matchmaker, and most of my friends are guys. The girls I do know in the Boston area are either a) too psycho to inflict on anyone, b) not your stated 'type' at all, c) already smitten with someone, or d) some combination of the above.

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was BORN in 1980.
Jamie, I think I knew you were younger than me, but when I stop and think that, in all likelihood, you are younger than my little brother it kind of weirds me out.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul. My network is working for you. They want to know if you want a blind date, or if you want to be introduced to some people on friendster or some such profiling service.

Wink. I guarantee all intelligent, pretty girls. We can do the blind date or the online introductions.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Either way works for me.
I'd probably be less nervous if I talked online first, but would feel less pressure on a blind date.... Whatever.

So, interested in going on a date with my roommate?

Suneun
Member # 3247

Dude, I've met your roommate. He liked Beca, not me [Smile]
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I've heard this from a comedian somwhere, but the quote was
quote:
You are in trouble when the "blind date" includes a seeing eye dog
Don't know who said it though. I'm sure I remembered it because of the dog reference.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
saxy, how old is your brother?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Yeah, mostly I screwed up on that... apparently I was supposed to ask if you were single :-/ Of course, greg asked me to check out the situation when I was 90% asleep, and was himself 90% asleep, so much miscommunication ensued.
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
No wonder that seemed so weird.
Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon--January 9, 1980. Am I older or younger than your little brother?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess at this point you should go ahead and call me a bad brother. He was actually born on 2/28/1981. I was thinking to myself, "OK, so he was born in February of 1980 so he'd be... hang on, there's no way he's 24 yet..." I'm such a retard sometimes.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

HAha.
celia60
Member # 2039

So glad you said it yourself. Knowing about when Mack's birthday is, I couldn't make the math work out with your birthday at all.

[Laugh]

*hopes she's less retarded in her old age*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Isn't like you could be MORE.
celia60
Member # 2039

I meant less retarded than old man saxon over there.
mackillian
Member # 586

That was WAY belong my expectation for Celia-Retaliation-Zinger
celia60
Member # 2039

I'm sorry, but you are no longer eligible for witty retorts. If you would like to renew your membership, please send $50.00 to celia in the next 10 business days and your account will be unlocked. This process may take up to 30 days to complete, so please be patient.
mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]

MUCH better. MUCH.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided it's a good idea that none of the newbies have and/or voice an opinion about anything.

Newbie is anyone with a registry date later than 2002.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Back in your cage, newbie.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
--|-- Ralphie

(Did I do that right? I'd hate to offend with my noobness.)

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Taunt] to mack

Soon I will have more posts than you. Then we'll see who's the newbie. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

You screwed it up. dash dash capital I dash dash
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

* coughs *

dash dash pipe dash dash.

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Registered December 2002. [Smile]

That's not counting my other name, Wetchik. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, trying to trick the noob? --L-- just looks silly. [Taunt]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Paul, do you really think your roommate and I are personality matches?
mackillian
Member # 586

capital i

YOU CAN ASK PAT! HE CAME UP WITH IT!

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I have no idea. He's going back to work after a three month injury layoff as of tomorrow, so we'll see if he perks up then.

I certainly think he's an interesting guy, and he's got an... interesting sense of humor.

mackillian
Member # 586

What happened to him? o_O
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, is this the roommate who...I vaguely recall something having to do with emergency rooms....
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Yeah, this is the EMT roommate.

He basically broke his rotator cuff. Couldn't really raise his arm above his shoulder.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--|-- Ralphie

(Did I do that right? I'd hate to offend with my noobness.)

You can stay, Dag, as I believe you may be the only newbie to understand the importance of Ralphie-luv.

Even if you haven't experienced it yet.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

HEY! I understand the importance of Ralphie-luv!
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie luvs me, but she also thinks I'm a teletubby. [Cry]

If my emotions weren't so horribly distraught, it'd almost be kinky.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Which teletubby?
mackillian
Member # 586

Does it really matter?
rivka
Member # 4859

I think tt&t might hope it's not the purple one.
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.