FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What if...? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What if...?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
What if the Hatrack River Forum was populated with the meanest people on the internet? What if Orson Scott Card's writing attracts mean people? Or worse yet, what if his writing makes people mean?

dun dun dun

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, sorry—your pronoun has no antecedent. [Razz]
[Eek!] Oops. See what happens when I only have a few minutes to Hatrack, and try to read as many threads as possible while simultaneously helping kids select library books?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And don't worry my sister is a hatrack vet and she warned me about this, said people are really mean to new people.
I'm starting to believe that the people who visit Hatrack have never been anywhere else on the internet.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
There's other places?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, apparently there's www.sakeriver.com

I'm pretty sure that's about it though.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The witness is being non-responsive.

"Answer the question, Claire!"

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
Dallin!
*hits little brother with subtlety stick*

He didn't need a list, I just told him to post and figure it out for himself [Evil]

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And don't worry my sister is a hatrack vet
Hey are you saying that jatraqueros are a bunch of animals.

Or is the plural jatraqueri ???

[ May 19, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And don't worry my sister is a hatrack vet
A Hatrack vet? You mean there was a war here and I missed it?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
What if our taste buds were on our hands?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ewwwwwww. There'd be a lot more fights about who has to take out the garbage.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
...IF I survive my senior year. [Wink]

'Nice to know I'm not alone though.

"Masochist" lol. So true.

Actually, I've been battling with myself recently over whether to stay in IB or not for that very reason. I guess that in the end I will finish it out simply because I've come this far already. But I'll still say this much: I can't wait until it's over! [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
College will seem like a breeze, believe me.
Really? Thank God. Was it easier applying, with an IB diploma?

*snatched Ayelar's diploma airplane out of the air. Scratches out name and replaces it with own. Starts looking through West Point brochures*

[ May 19, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Anthro ]

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW D A R I U S, I'm one of the evil ones, This is my sweet side. My nonsweet psycho stalker side is making threatening phone calls to your house right now.
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

What is an IB diploma?
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

And what's a Jatraquero?
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Lara, look here for everything you've ever needed to know. Such as what a jatraquero is.
Now, onto my "what if"...
What if you came to Canada like Xavier ISN'T and a caribou ate you? What if the cannibals up north who eat raw seal and drink Santa's elves' blood eat you too? What if you followed Xavier wherever he's going and ate him? What if you never get a decent question for this essay?

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
IB doesn't make much of a difference at all for colleges in the US. Few even recognize it, and those that do seem to place it a little lower than AP in terms of credit equivalencies. I breezed through the only AP test I took, and it was enough to earn me 4 free credits here, but the IB tests I slaved over and passed, but didn't get perfect scores on got me nothing. Even though they were 10x harder. Oh well.

However, I did end up with a far more comprehensive education than most of my classmates. I had a killer IB English teacher my senior year of high school, and that alone carried me through all four years of college. Knowing how to write a good paper, even though I loathed that class while I was in it, has helped me enormously.

But yeah, the diploma is crap. Unless I decide to enroll somewhere in Switzerland or something. *shrug*

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D a r i u s
Member # 6551

- posted      Profile for D a r i u s   Email D a r i u s         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks polio, that cleared a few things up. oh, and incase you guys havent picked up on this yet, the brother lara keeps referring to is me. [Wink]
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

What is IB, though? Is it like a world-wide AP program?
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Lara - it's the International Baccalaureate.

quote:
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program is an internationally recognized curriculum that offers 11th and 12th grade students an opportunity to earn the IB diploma. To earn the IB diploma, students complete and test in six IB subjects; write an extended essay of independent research guided by a faculty mentor, complete 150 hours of creative, action, and service activities (CAS); and participate in a critical thinking course called Theory of Knowledge. This advanced, comprehensive program of study offers an integrated approach to learning across the disciplines with an emphasis on meeting the challenges of living and working in a global, technological society.

from here.

Sounds like a lot of work!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

Wow. I can't believe I've never heard of this before. It's really too bad it's only available to a handful of students
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.