FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shrek 2 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shrek 2
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
JenniK and I saw it last week, and really liked it. I think I liked the first one better. I had expectations about how this movie would be, but the first one suprised me. I came out of the blue, and I thought it to be one of the best spoofs I had ever seen. Just like Aladdin, it had adult humor hidden in to the animation, hidden so well that it didn't interfear with the storyline. I worked as a scacastic humor/ child amimated feature combo, so that there was something for everone.

This one had a lot of hidden humor in it, but I was expecting that. I found myself looking for it, and enjoying the story less.

Not that I didn't enjoy it a lot...I did. I just perfer the first Shrek, that's all. They are both good movies, adn they are films that I will be able to watch with my kids over and over (and over, and over, ad naueum);once we have some kids that is...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Miro--what Legolas reference?
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be mistaken but i think puss in boots rode down shrek's back after donkey kicked shrek in the, well you know where. Sort of how like legolas did in ROTK on the elephant. I think that's what it was.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just tickled pink that during the two scenes in the seedy little bar (called The Poison Apple) they played Tom Waits and Nick Cave. And Larry King as the voice of the evil step sister-bartender. Genius!
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like it much, but I've got to go see it again just to catch the Starbucks joke that I missed.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw yet *another* shrek 2 tie-in commercial, and my desire to see the movie almost vanished.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice the label on the bottle the Fairy Godmother gave the King to put in Fiona's tea? I loved it! But the 15 year old I was with did not get it.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at and thought, "There's a joke in that label somewhere. Wonder what it is?"
At the same time my dad turned to me and said, "Love potion number nine?"
I pretended to have already noticed. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me just reiterate. The cat is f---ing genius. I love him so much! It's so cute in those wee little boots [Razz] .

Wow.

I am so tempted to download that movie.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Miro--what Legolas reference?
quote:
I might be mistaken but i think puss in boots rode down shrek's back after donkey kicked shrek in the, well you know where. Sort of how like legolas did in ROTK on the elephant. I think that's what it was.
I didn't catch that one. I was refering to when human-Shrek mounts stallion-Donkey on the way to the ball. It's the swinging mount that Legolas did in TTT when the wargs attacked.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hasdy
Member # 5905

- posted      Profile for hasdy   Email hasdy         Edit/Delete Post 
I came into the movie with a lot of expectations, based off what other's have told me. It was bit of a dissapointment cuz I was so pumped for it, but then again, I don't think any movie would have measured up to my expectations.

All in all, I thought it was as good as the first one, but I may change my mind after I watch it again. After reading this thread, I feel that perhaps I missed a lot more than I originally had thought.

BTW.... I thought the cross dressing bartender was HAWWWT [ROFL]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erick the Great
Member # 6527

- posted      Profile for Erick the Great           Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it.
Loved it.
I think it's better than the first.(which was a bit overated if you ask me)

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it yesterday night (day it went out here) and I loved it. I saw it in original version (which I'm happy for 'cause I saw the trailers in French and the dubbing is awfull) and it was great ! Special mention for John Cleese as the King (I love the Monty Pythons) and Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother. Did someone else though about Terry Pratchett's "Witches Abroad" seing her ? And the music, even if a little too present in the beginning of the movie, was perfect at the end.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.