FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Women's Clique (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Women's Clique
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, both possess a frightening amount of insight. We need to create more mysteries!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Is re-newbie-ing like 're-virgin-ing'? If so, does it really count?

I think Space Opera is now officially One Of Us.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well. I guess.

*fondly remembers days of newbiehood*

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it was bev who took away my newbie purity. We can all blame her from now on for preying on helpless newbies and forcing them to grow up too fast.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[Eek!] I've been accused of rape!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone even saw you do it! I have proof!!!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

But baby, you know you wanted it.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

How well you know me. [Big Grin]

space opera

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If being a mom is a primary advantage to having a Women's Clique, I'm out.

edit: Sounded rude. Meant it, but still.

[ June 25, 2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie,

I don't think you have to be a mom. I'm not 100% on that, but I hope not.

Fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
You don't even have to breastfeed. [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you do have to have breasts, though.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Admiration doesn't count? Possession is 10/10ths of the law?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
skillery doesn't - *Glances around suspiciously* do you, skillery???? and he started the darn thing . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
No breasts any more. I've lost ten pounds since Hobbes started posting about cycling. Thanks Hobbes for getting me off my bum.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*presses finger to skillery's biking bum and yanks away*

"SIZZLE!"

[Dont Know]

suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
*Walks in stark naked with club then starts eloquent dialogue*
Thought about makin a real man post in the men's clique, but then realized that would be ridiculous. For starters, real men recognize no clique that bars them out and need no clique that's meant for to boost their ego as it is already infinitely high, therefore I am joining the women's clique for obvious real man reasons. So now since the women are all over here, why the heck should I, as a real man, be over there. Real men aren't gay.
*end eloquent dialogue, throws hatrack women's clique over shoulder and heads for cave*

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
That seems reasonable. [Wink]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
yes I thought so but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm forgeting something. It centers around the fact that this sort of technique was very likely tried back when all men were real men but somehow the majority of us became the pathetic lap dogs we are today and that now even those real men among us tend to view this sort of thing as unwise at this point, no matter how logical and sensible it may be. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that women are a little like primitive gods... not always exactly logical but you sure as hell don't want to piss them off...
... Which I have done, haven't I... That would make me, oh what's the word... Ah yes: stupid. But you see, I believe I may have found a loophole. We must first examine the threat that the hypothetical women present to the hypothetical primitive man. Since it's unlikely to be a direct physical threat, it has to be a more subtle one through genetics, ganging up, treachery, and child rearing. So through Genetics and the way I was raised, I would never actually say such unchivalrous things in front of ladies, for fear of directly or indirectly weeding myself out of the gene pool, but last time I checked there are no genes in cyberspace so [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh] Unless of course they tell their friends and those friend tell their friends and those friends tell their friends... which is exactly the phenomnenon that I was most worried about in the first place [Angst] So new theories on dealing with women based on the laws of thermodynamics: law 1 you can't win you can only break even, law 2 you can't break even. Except that I have yet to uncover my master plan, for which I have studied and seen in action though perhaps with more innocent intentions [Evil] I will take all my smack talking together with lots of BS and a little bit of virtue and turn it into a major religion, at which point women will cease to remember that I am a chauvanistic jerk and decide that I am dead sexy! [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh] Which should have the added benefit of stalling the women's lib movement for say, oh, two thousand years. j/k [Wink] I'm not quite that cynical. Actually nowhere close, nice theory though [Big Grin]

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

Wow I'm really overdoing the emoticons, actually maxed out there, probably due to nervousness... anyhoo... *runs like bat out of heck for hatrack men's clique*
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You have five devil smileys. Four them laughing together in pairs. You mean that wasn't on purpose? *amused*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like this clique is clicking along nicely. Count me in. And for the nth time, yup, I'm a girl. Oh yeah, since I'll be 40 tomorrow, I think I'm supposed to start saying woman, but the thought seriously alarms me.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Woman
Whoa man
WOOOOOE man

I think if beverly can start the "Ask a 27 year old male homosexual thread" skillery can start... this thing.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka,

Just watched Axe Murderer this weekend (for the approximately 100th time)! Excellent timing! Unfortunately, I've a bad habit of quoting movie lines, so everyone is suffering.

L

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*re-roosts*

CAW!!!

*preens feathers*

Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
unless you are a newbie and are sexier or smarter than any current member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique.
The way I read this, you have to be BOTH a newbie AND sexier or smarter than any current member.

But...isn't that logically impossible?
Count me in!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.