FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Women's Clique (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Women's Clique
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a woman over the age of 17 you are automatically a member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique unless you are a newbie and are sexier or smarter than any current member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique.

If you are a single male or a male who happens to be married to a member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique then your official status is “Temporary Facilitator of the Hatrack Women’s Clique.”

If you are a pirate or a ninja then you enjoy special, honorary status in the Hatrack Women’s Clique and may do as you please.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you are a pirate or a ninja then you enjoy special, honorary status in the Hatrack Women’s Clique and may do as you please.
You forgot hobbits and elves.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't the women's clique be established by—oh, I don't know—a woman?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Blackheart
Member # 5610

- posted      Profile for Erik Blackheart           Edit/Delete Post 
Arr! Where's the grog?
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
And remember, if you're not in the women's clique, you cannot, under any circumstances, talk to us on the phone.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Signs in..........
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What if you're a woman but you'd rather be a pirate?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
established by—oh, I don't know—a woman
I hadn't thought to give credit to a single person, but you might be right. Good call, Jon Boy!
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, if I only respond in this thread by using the left half of my brain does that qualify? I'm sure my feminine side would feel right at home with all the wonderful hatrack ladies.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
What if you're a woman but you'd rather be a pirate?
Arghhhhhhhhhh...a woman pirate. That's where it's at.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What if you're a man frequently mistaken for a woman by the members of the Hatrack Women's Clique?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

That would allow to many men access to our clique.

I have some serious gender issues with several Hatrackers. If they're serious about joining a womens only clique...then now's the time.

I personally wouldn't know the difference. [Wink]

[ June 24, 2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify my previous post I would like to say that I wasn't implying that women only use half of their brain I was just making a left brain/right brain joke.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
who isn't invited to this clique? All women, single men, married (and I assume dating) a member of the clique, hobits, elves, ninja's, and pirates. I guess it will be a fun clique, I'm in.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm totally not joining any clique that doesn't include men. In fact, I insist that we include everyone who wants in. We'll give a new, inclusive, meaning to the word "cliqueishness". Woo hoo! I'm in! Yay!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyerchic, I was thinking the same thing. This Women's Hatrack Click seems to include all of Hatrack.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Come one...come all.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...unless you are a newbie and are sexier or smarter than any current member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique.
Not possible.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniffs*

Run! It's a trap!!!!

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
And in two words Ralphie shows why she's Ralphie.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Arghhh - women pirates unite!

Can you imagine the male mastheads?

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

A male figurehead on the other hand, wouldn't work at all. Too many dunkings in cold water...
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! Where's the newbie-love here? Bad enough that I make less on the dollar than a man does, but to hear that I'm excluded from the clique simply because of my newbie status makes me wonder if I should just give in to my PMS next month and go ahead and start shooting. [Grumble]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

nautical terminology . . .

it brings to mind a certain short, chubby dude screeching "Turn that thing - and the other thing . . . " or something to that effect -

beverly
Member # 6246

Space Opera? A newbie? That's a good one....

[Wink]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*roosts*

CAW!!!

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Is that my Lenore?
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm not a newbie?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Not in my book. But then, by many standards, I am a newbie.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

*struts around thread, showing off her non-newbie status, as conferred by Bev*

space opera

Shan
Member # 4550

Croaked the raven . . .

never (cough, cough, gasp) more

fallow
Member # 6268

*coughs up a pebble*

*feels dehydrated*

CAW!!!

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

"Good boy!"

"Come on down from there and I'll give you a pretty"

*Holds out hand with a shiny copper penny*

beverly
Member # 6246

You just need a few more pebbles in the bottle, hon, don't give up yet.
fallow
Member # 6268

CAWRGH!

*coughs up $0.02*

*pennies drop to the poop deck*

*opens beak wide*

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this dubious port,
Aboard this wenchy ship!"

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the general consensus was that you're no longer a newbie once you stop running back to threads you've posted in every 5 minutes to see if people have responded. Nobody can know if you're still a newbie but you.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*Leans over the deck and v----s copiously*

"Sorry - the multiple medications for this nasty pneumonia make it hard to listen to tweaked TV jingles"

*Palely collapses to the deck and practices deep breathing*

*Wheezes pathetically*

(Spelling - critical error - changes jungle to jingle)

[ June 25, 2004, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you are a woman over the age of 17 you are automatically a member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique
Sweet!
[Big Grin]
An hour ago, I wouldn't have qualified.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*de-roosts*

CRAW!!!

*wheels, dives, and plummets beakfirst into the upchucked waters*

*resurfaces*

"mmm... anchovy!"

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...unless you are a newbie and are sexier or smarter than any current member of the Hatrack Women’s Clique.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not possible.

Aww, thanks Ralphie [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Women are just scary mysteries to you, aren't they?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Aye, Cap'n.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Does your wife scare you, too? I mean, seriously, man, they're not complete enigmas.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*reconfers n00b status on Space Opera*

Don't throw away your newbiehood like that!

You can never go back (unless you create a new SN and don't tell anyone....)

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mockingbird
Member # 5640

- posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Email Mockingbird         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in - or would like to be in. "Newbie" is iffy - I registered last year and lurk occasionally, but my total post count is embarrassingly low. And my husband thinks I'm smart and sexy. [Razz]

So, what can a womens' clique around here do?

- offer feminine views on great SF generally and OSC's work specifically. I'm always happy to offer and receive recommendations.
- trade funny kid/baby stories (actually many men could do equally well here. But I have a great story of when my toddler pointed at two lower-level executives with WordPerfect and called them, respectively, "goofball" and "fag". There happened to be a golfball behind one guy and a flag behind the other. Luckily they thought it was all very funny.)
- commiserate about the hardships of being a mom, or a working mom in particular. Or your love life if you don't have kids. Or both, if you're a single mom.
- meditate on the weirdness of trying to keep possession of the TV remote when your guy walks into the room where you're already watching some show, and he stares meaningfully at the TV and you. Life is so unfair sometimes.

What else am I missing?

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, we can talk about Kegels too. And PMS. And chocolate. (My one male employee, a few months ago, had the stupidity to ask the rest of us on staff "Hey is it really true about women and chocolate at that time of the month, or has my wife been lying to me all these years to get free candy?")
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Hmmm. I was a newbie, then not a newbie, but now I'm a newbie again. Hatrack, lead me where thou will.

space opera

beverly
Member # 6246

Mockingbird:

-Give the clueless but sweet and golden-hearted men of Hatrack insight into the mysterious minds and hearts of women. [Big Grin]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm more scared of Tom and ScottR, who I suspect can see right through us.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm...Kegels
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.