FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Okay, you pathetic losers.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Okay, you pathetic losers....
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake is done playing phone tag! One wheelchair-accessible room booked for two nights! Please take me off the poop list.

[Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
JNSB I'm unable to acess my yahoo e-mail during working hours. Celia can reach me because she has my supersecret work e-mail <grin> So if you would send it to her she can forward it on to me.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
But...but...but SHE told me to email YOU! Just put me down as the Dorry Dorrie person and read your email later then. No WAY am I revealing my supersecret identity to someone that evil! [No No]

[ June 28, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You realize, JNSB, that you're going to have to give us a real name once we meet you, right? For legal purposes, and all that. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what Tom's going to do to you.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I fully intend to respond only to celia. Which I only know I will respond to because Tom called me celia when I met him.
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to admit this, but I have no memory whatsoever of meeting you....*blush* Which gathering was it?

[ June 28, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

do you recall meeting Bill? maybe I have zero personal magnetism since Happy Camper doesn't seem to recall me either.
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall ever meeting celia, either.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

^
|
|

*thwaps*

|
|
v

[ June 28, 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Ah, yes. I remember a Bill. I actually didn't think you ever posted here. [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

Tom thinks celia is Bill!

[Laugh]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Was he living up on Capitol Hill? And looking kind of cartoony?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so tempted to fly out there and join in.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Nah. Bill and Celia actually look slightly different, and one is marginally more evil than the other; it's possible to tell them apart without squinting. My mistake was not realizing that PtB was in fact Bill, as I assumed that Bill was mostly terrified of Hatrack and intended to stay as far away from it as possible. [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

[ROFL]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Eljay is reserving the room for us, right? If so, then cool. As it looks we have Frisco, Noah and me for sure. Eljay, I'll pay you with cash when I get there, cause I'm definately coming.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Suneun, come!! It's going to be so great! [Smile] [Smile]

Tom, I think peter is still celia.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
I will reserve a room tonight, I promise!

kwisni, psychotriad: need roomies/carpool buddies? Email me!

[ June 28, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Ah. That would explain almost everything, except why a perfectly good Hatrack regular needs another useless nickname. [Wink]

---

And now I understand why Kama has been laughing. *grin* But, yes, I remember celia. She spent a lot of time standing next to Bill. [Smile]

[ June 28, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
so, did you think a guy was playing Kingdom of Loathing as weasel sootmouth? pfff.

and Bill is still terrified of hatrack. he's not even coming to this shindig. waaaaay to many new people.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, all. Rivka has been far away from online access all day. *twitch*

And yes, my first name really is Rivka. Strange but true.

quote:
Apparently, the flow of personal information between celia and rivka is in only one direction.
Is that a problem?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Lime, Nope, I think we're set.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I think I'm actually quite familiar with a Polish form of your name, Rywka, from books and such.

Or maybe it just sounds right.

[ June 29, 2004, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
is there any sand in Poland?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Not as much as there is on the Sahara.
rivka
Member # 4859

Could be, Kama. [Smile] Is it related to Rebecca? Because Rivka is just the Hebrew form of Rebecca.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*slaps forehead*

quote:

Władysław Broniewski, Ballads and Romances"

"Listen, girl! She's not listening...
It's daylight, it's a town..."
There is no town, not a living creature,
a naked, red-headed Ryfka runs in the ruins,
thirteen-year-old.

Well-fed Germans in a fat tank passed by.
(Run, Ryfka, run!)
"Mama's under the ruins, papa in Majdanek..."
She laughed, turned around, disappeared.

A good old chap from Lubartow passed by:
"Here, Ryfka, a white roll, so that you're healthy..."
She took it, had a bite, her teeth glistened:
"I'll bring it to Mama and to Papa."

A peasant passed by, threw a penny,
a peasant woman passed by, gave her something,
many, many people passed by,
all were stunned that she was naked and red-headed.

And a sorrowful Jesus passed by,
the SS were leading him to die,
they put them both by a hedge,
then took their guns in their hands.

"Listen, Jesus, listen, Ryfka, sie Juden,
for this thorn crown, for that red hair,
for your nakedness, for your guilt,
you both should be dead."

And it sounded Alleluia
in the Galilee,
and they both were turning
into angels,
and then a round of gunfire exploded...

"Listen, girl!...
She's not listening..."

(in the beginning he quotes a romantic poem by Adam Mickiewicz, in which a crazy girl is looking for her dead lover, and the people in the town look at her, disbelieving).

[ June 29, 2004, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

rivka
Member # 4859

*faintly* um, I was 13 once . . .
katharina
Member # 827

Don't you have reddish hair?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
And a penchant for streaking?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't feel bad, rivka. When Shlomo registered here and at Pweb, people couldn't believe Shlomo was his real name either. [Smile] Moose thought he took the name from Enchantment. [Wink]

Then again, my own sister couldn't believe we were going to call him Shlomo. "You're not really going to call him Shlomo, are you?" [Razz]

The answer, of course, is, yes we are. And we do. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, bring my ignorance into it....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Yes.
Ela
Member # 1365

Aw, Moose, you know we love you. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew Rivka was a real name (I'm 1/4 Polish and had heard variations).

I assumed it was rivka's real name, but didn't worry about it all that much. That's why I just use the screen names. It's too hard keeping track of you people.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'll probably be sleeping on Becky and Ken's floor if I make it (which I'll hopefully know in one to two weeks), and thus wont be getting a seperate room, sorry. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Don't you have reddish hair?
If one stretches the definition of "reddish" a bit, then yeah. [Wink]

quote:
And a penchant for streaking?
Not since I was three. And those pictures have been burned.

quote:
quote:
Don't feel bad, rivka. When Shlomo registered here and at Pweb, people couldn't believe Shlomo was his real name either.
I don't feel bad. [Smile] I'm incredibly amused when this happens. The dichotomy between my daily RL, where my first name is so common that many people know me by both first and middle names together, and the online world, where people think it's made up, strikes me as very funny. [Big Grin]
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
do you recall meeting Bill? maybe I have zero personal magnetism since Happy Camper doesn't seem to recall me either.
*sputters* What the bloody...? Of course I remember you. It's just random nicks, I don't keep an organizer so I know exactly who all these flarging aliases belong to.

*wanders away muttering* Doesn't remember indeed...

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, Ela, it'll come back to bite me. Pretty soon people won't believe my real name is Papa Moose, and they'll think I just chose it because of a character in some book....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Haha, Moose. [Big Grin]

We can tell them we knew you when... [Wink]

quote:
I don't feel bad. I'm incredibly amused when this happens. The dichotomy between my daily RL, where my first name is so common that many people know me by both first and middle names together, and the online world, where people think it's made up, strikes me as very funny.
Yeah, Rivka, Shlomo thinks it's funny, too.

What's even funnier is, a bunch of orthodox Jewish dayschool kids who were visiting Florida made fun of his name, back when he was in elementary school. Meanwhile all the non-Jewish kids at the muncipal sports program thought he had a really cool name.

I really didn't get that... [Confused]

[ June 29, 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pretty soon people won't believe my real name is Papa Moose, and they'll think I just chose it because of a character in some book....
I saw that coming, it'll be a way to tell if someone is a newbie or not.

By the way, you must have an unlisted number. I searched the entire "Moose" section of the phone book, but found no Papas. [Dont Know]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.