FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FABLE!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FABLE!!!
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
in the game or in real life?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Real life.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill beat it Monday night. Now he's going around trying to become a land baron. He's so good it's disgusting.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
wow... if bill really told you he beat it, he's lying.
of course, he may not be... you beat it when you die, really... most people wanna die of old age... but in order to do that you have to play it for 475 hours straight.
(475 hours of gameplay is ALOT)
And you technically only really BEAT it when you've done everything that can be done.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ffs, he beat the main plot line. I saw the end credits. Obviously he hasn't done everything in the game.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

OHHHH!
I get ya.
forgive me for being an ifiot (if you do, you'll always be forgiving me)
Is the game really that short???
Dammit.. that sucks...

[ September 23, 2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

The main plot is, but there's so much to do it doesn't really matter. I've only done the first 2 quests because I'm busy with other fun, non-plot stuff.
Turgan
Member # 6697

yummy....
kinda like Marrowind.... except... not...

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Marrowind sounds like a bone disease. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I just started playing it yesterday and I've already spent so much time playing that my thumb hurts. I love this game. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a fairly fun game.

[Smile]

Chicken-chaser is the default title (you probably figured that out)-- you have to buy a new title to get folks to stop calling you that.

Was anyone able to beat the Apprentice's time running to the Demon Door?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

Bill did.

And, yes, we did find the guy selling titles. He's now piemaster and I'm arseface.

"Give us a smile"

Though my favorite line of the game so far is in the third plot quest. Whisper said, "You really like killing Hobbes, don't you?"

*snickers*

Scott R
Member # 567

How did Bill do it? I must have run back and forth to that stupid door for thirty minutes. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

Obviously, he spent 31 minutes doing it.

(I have no idea, I didn't see that part because I was on the phone with AJ and managed to completely miss his childhood after the village burned down)

Strider
Member # 1807

Hey, I have a problem with my xbox. The problems actually been around for a long while, but it's only now affecting game play seriously.

When i got the dvd plug in, and began playing dvds, i noticed that whenever i paused a dvd for too long and started it playing again, the disc would mess up and freeze and i'd have to turn off the xbox to get it to work again.

Now what's happening is that when i'm playing fable, if i go to an inventory screen for too long without doing anything, or have been talking to a merchant, or even sometimes when i go from one area to another that needs to be loaded, and run rather than walk through the gate, the game will skip or freeze up and tell me i have a damaged disc, which obviously isn't the case.

I've already lost data on my game multiple times and have now taken to saving any chance i get, but it's annoying. anyone else ever have this problem with their xbox?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

I DID have that problem, yes. Or one similar to it. I went to Gamestop.com.... you can probably go wherever it is that sells used Xbox's in you area, if you don't have a gamestop, and they looked at it and said the only thing they could do was buy the Xbox from me and give me a discount on a new or used one... but they said I should call customer support. I did right there from there store and the guy on the other side said I would have to send it in and wait while they fixed it and send it back. A two month process. I didn't. I bought a new one.
So it depends. Do you have patience. Or not?

Strider
Member # 1807

damn. no i don't.
Turgan
Member # 6697

My advice?
Sell it to gamestop or the like... game crazy or some other gaming store like that...
Don't tell them the problem with it, though. As long as it can run for five minutes, they don't give a rats ass.
Buy a new Xbox. NEW. Try not to get one used. and there you go.
Yes, you have to spend like an extra 140 bucks... but you just have to ask if it's worth it.
I think it is.

?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I beat the race to the door and back. It took me about three tries. I also just passed the main story. I'll start again in a few days and try to do all the side quests.

People call me Strider in the game and I have 3 wives in different towns.

Does anyone else find that it's easiest to fight with a bow? I'm not a fan of the using the sword and I haven't really used magic that much.

?

[ September 24, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: ? ]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

I hate long distance fighting unless it's a shooter game. I must fight with the sword. Must must must must...
You have three wives.. but do you own a deli?
Ownb yourself a deli... three wives... and have a couple of different jobs.
You guys are weird... i thought I stayed up nights playing games...
Hell, I satyed up for three nights straight playing Black And White. I collapsed from exhaustion right there on the keyboard.

Scott R
Member # 567

I like using the bow, just as a personal preference. I'm digging magic, though.

I got my wife to play the game. She stayed up until midnight playing it.

[Big Grin]

I am married to the coolest woman in the world.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I've hardly touched any magic, and I barely use the bow. I am just a smash em up kinda guy!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
Yes, you have to spend like an extra 140 bucks... but you just have to ask if it's worth it.

given that new xboxs sell for $150, are you telling me they buy old ones for $10?
the master
Member # 6788

I can't fire fast enough to use the bow effectivly against a group of combatants. But I can lightning the stuffing out of them.
Scott R
Member # 567

Multi-arrow.
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Multi-arrow is the only magic I have really used. My longest chicken kick is something like 26.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

given that new xboxs sell for $150, are you telling me they buy old ones for $10?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope... but you sound like one of those "I'm hungry... let's order 5 ex-large pizzas"... hell... I'm one of them too... So i factored that in...
Depending on where you sell it and the condition it's in... they'll buy it for anywhere from 40 to 100 bucks.
I sold mine for like 89 bucks or something.

darksk8er606
Member # 6882

- posted      Profile for darksk8er606   Email darksk8er606         Edit/Delete Post 
in fable everything u do changes who u become and that is really cool i still have 2 get a it

[Hail] TO FABLE

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darksk8er606
Member # 6882

- posted      Profile for darksk8er606   Email darksk8er606         Edit/Delete Post 
you can buy old ones that work form eb games for a $120
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

[Hail] TO EB GAMES
darksk8er606
Member # 6882

[Hail] to eb games and fable
darksk8er606
Member # 6882

[Hail] TO STAR OCEAN ,FABLE ,EB GAMES AND GAME STOP
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll grant the lightning is cool - the multi-arrow looks like the Robotech Mecha School of Archery. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
It was quite shorter than I expected, but Lionhead has redeemed themselves for that so called game named Black & White.

I'm at the very end, wrapping up all the quests I haven't finished yet; I also hear that if you wait through the credits you can still play afterwards...

I will play through again being evil this time.
but that only really will amount to about 20 hours playtime for me.
My longest chicken kick is 33 something.

[ September 25, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: raventh1 ]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

you didn't like Black And White????
*slaps your face and chest and himself*
I LOOOOVE BLACK AND WHITE!
It makes me have sexual dreams...
yummm.
[Hail] to Fable
[Hail] to Black And White
[Hail] to Gamestop
[Hail] to EB Games
[Hail] to XBOX
[Hail] to the adult film industry
[Hail] to OSC
[Hail] to ME!!!!
:-)

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a strange, sad little person.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
This game is amazing! I was really torn between this and SW:Battlefronts. I was very disappointed with morrowind and was worried Fable would be the same but I absolutely love it. SO glad I bought it. Got it last night and played until 2:30. Got up this morning and have been playing since 8:30. Just thought I'd take a break to post how freakin' sweet this game is.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

Well, no DUH, Tom.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

wow, I have officailly wasted an entire day. I haven't done this in a while. I feel like a bum. Stupid, awesome, wonderful game.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't play black and white because you were required to slap around your creature.

Couldn't do it. Made me feel bad for it.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was very disappointed with morrowind and was worried Fable would be the same but I absolutely love it
Ugh I'm the exact opposite, I think Morrowind is still the reigning champion of RPGs while, sorry guys, Fable was pretty dissapointing. I mean, I beat the main quest last night and then I had to return it so that's all but it just didn't seem as elaborate and have as many details as Morrowind did. That's just what I thought.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

agreed
Marrowind is on kick ass game.

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been pretty hooked on X-men Legends for the last few days. It's apretty awesome game.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Don't know why I didn't like morowind. Just couldn't get into it. where as with Fable, I can't put the stupid controller down. Just, oh wait...

Spoilers...

Realeased mom. OK, that's probably all...

End Spoilers.....

I've been kind of bouncing back and fourth betwen main story line and fun side stuff. I have no idea how much is left but I'd guess I'm fairly deep into it. My stats are all about half full so hopefully there is still a bit left. I noticed a funny thing. After all the crap my wife and I have gone through in real life I notice my caracter has become a bit obsessed with catching wife number one cheating. [Smile] I think she is. She just isn't all that freindly towards me. maybe she found out about my other wives. hmm....

but anyways, this game rocks and I have midterms due tomorrow and I still haven't started grading my stack of papers yet. STupid game!!! [Smile]

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me why it's rated M?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the character can woo maidens or longshoremen, depending on your taste.

Most of the reviews I've found say the specific reasons for the rating are found on the box itself.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

So would it be appropriate for a 13 year old?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I haven't played it yet or I could determine that myself. [Smile]
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
A mature 13 year old. Hence the rating "Mature".
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Then no. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.