FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FABLE!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FABLE!!!
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
TIS HERE!!!!
HEEEE HEEEE HEEE EHEEE HEEEE HEEEE HEEEE!
I went and picked up me copy of fable like.... ten minutes ago... and i must tell you.... for the eight minutes of game play I've experienced... This game is Godly.
I never thought i would have sexual thoughts about a video game before....
But i realize I am now.

[Hail] to Fable.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

A friend of mine is also intending to grope her TV until she's done playing with it. I also intend to watch [Wink]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of xnera
Member # 3920

- posted      Profile for ghost of xnera   Email ghost of xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
*SCREAMS* IS IT OUT?

You must tell me if it's good! I read an article about it back when I was dating my geeky boyfriend with all the consoles, and the article so captivated me that I've been looking for the game to be released, even though I have no means to play it! (I am a silly, silly girl)

[ September 15, 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: ghost of xnera ]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

=)

I heard it came out yesterday. Shame I don't have a console to play it on either. But as I said, I intend to watch some of it at least.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no Xbox.

I don't plan on buying an Xbox any time soon.

I'm still excited about this game.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
*cries into his empty, fly-eaten wallet*
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of us who didn't have a clue what was going on, Fable .

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

like I said... I'm gonna make love to this video game before the day ends.. I just know it.

[Hail] to FABLE!

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this game appears to come very close to mimicking real life, with the amazing attention to detail. In fact, one would wonder why one can't get the same satisfaction from real life.

*goes outside for fresh air*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Because in real life, you can't hit the power button and start over. And your control over who and what "you" are is more limited than what this game offers.

It's part of the reason geeks and freaks turn to sci-fi and fantasy to begin with.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

Because you're not supposed to steal in real life, but you can steal in Fable.

Or kill people. Or buy a house and set up a shop. Or have three wives in three different towns.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I made a weird self-discovery while playing Harvest Moon. I realized that the key to doing anything fun in the game is to hurry up and do your chores early so that you get paid on time and have spending cash. It also helps to have a schedule and do everything right on time, bang, bang, bang, so that you have time at the end of the day/season for the fun stuff.

Then it occured to me that I was doing the same monotonous chores "day" after "day" such as get up, hug dog, feed cows, milk cows, brush cows, feed chickens, brush horse, water veggies, harvest veggies, get honey and apples, and go to bed. Then I would start the whole process over again.

Then I compared the fun of Harvest Moon to my own life, and realized that if I could apply that same "chores first" mentality to my own life, I'd much more enjoy the fun stuff I get to do and goals I reach when it's over, not to mention I would reach the goals faster.

Of course, the result is that I have less time for video games. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

heh. I like the coolness of Fable.
Like... you can walk over the same spot of green grass over and over and over again and soon, it'll turn brown. Or you can stay out in the sun too long and get sunburned... or you can eat too much and get fat.
yummmmy
[Hail] to FABLE!

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like my kind of game. But, like Bev said in the Sims thread, I can't play it or my life will suffer. (Actually, I believe she said her kids would die. [Smile] )

[ September 15, 2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I am totally asking for this for Chanukkah. Then I'm so going on the evil side [Evil]
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
So, has there been any talk for Fable on PC? [Big Grin]
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thinking the same thing, Marlozhan. I actually started a thread at my site to convince me to buy a console so I can try this out. The Xbox would be the one I'd least like to get though...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
So with the attention to detail, do wife 2 and 3 ever notice your slackening vitality, wise up, and come after you with a box cutter?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

not box cutters, no.. but the will divorce you, if the laws of that certain town say you have to be monogomous. This can be stretched, though. Say you're a tirant. Or a dictator. Or eveil beyond all belief. You can have like... 38 wives in the same room and although they'll fight each other for your affection, they'll never come after you because, after all, you're evil as hell and you can kill them eassily. They don't want that. And each wife is different. Sometimes you'll find out that THEY'RE cheating on YOU.
Endless possibilities.

I bought an XBOX solely for Fable. Yeah, Halo is fun and so is Knights Of The Old Republic. But i got one for Fable.

[Hail] to FABLE

[ September 15, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know, I'm more than a little scared.

-Trevor

Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why but I can't seem to stop connecting this game with Link and the Zelda games..

How much can you change the character's beginning looks and such? and name? - I'm really interested about those kinds of options in the beginning.. can you die from old age?

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting an x-box just for Fable too, but I would probably also get KOTOR, HALO, Panzer Dragoon, and maybe DOA just so Fable isn't alone.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
good choices..

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
At this rate, looks like Better Than Life will be out soon...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

If I get this game I'm becoming supreme ruler of the universe! But seriously, is that possible in this game? How endless are the possibilities?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

ok ok ok.
Yes... you can die of old age... the game starts when your like.... 15... or something....
You can become supreme ruler of the WORLD... not the universe.... or you can be a store owner.... or you can be a small time hero... you can be a nobody...
uhm...
Seriously... you can do just about anything.
Read up on it, guys.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of buying an Xbox for Fable, but I wouldn't buy any other game. I think it'd be a waste of money.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
For a really long time I avoided buying an x-box just so I could play halo because that was the only game I really wanted. I convinced myself it wasn't worth the money (although with all the time my friends have spent playing halo, it probably would have been) Now there is Fable and soon to be Halo 2. Why must x-box tempt me so!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Fable!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Whether not a Buffy fan, the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer game on Xbox was awesome! I had bought the system just for that (geek, I know). It has great controls, cool story and amazing gameplay. Even non-Buffy fans that played it had a good time with it. The "cheat" codes that allow player vs. player in the game were even more fun. I sold my Xbox a year ago but now regret it. This Fable sounds cool...unless it will come out for PC, in which case...feh. Got KOTOR on PC and was fine with it and Halo, while great for console, has nothing on the PC team shooters like Unreal Tourney or Battlefields 1942. Still...craving the Buffy game again and then Shenmue I am told is cool...

Hmmm...

*starts counting pennies

fil

[ September 16, 2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: fil ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

You don't have to be a Star Wars geek to enjoy "Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic" It's actually really friggin fun. As well as Spiderman 2 and the GTA's... but the last two options you can also get on PS2.
However, there IS Halo and Halo 2 and Fable and Knights Of The Old Republic AND BMX XXX and DOA Volleyball. The last two are mostly for guys. heh heh.

Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking about buying an xbox and wanted to know what you need to play Fable. (do you need to buy a memory card or does it save to the HD...etc) Trying to spend as little money as i can.
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
so, like, does everyone get called chicken chaser, or did bill manage to earn that nickname by kicking chickens?
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

uhm... to play fable.. you need to buy an XBOX... and have a t.v.
:-D
What people who've never had an xbox don't realize is you don't NEED memory cards. The xbox is exactly like a computer. you're games are saved on the console.

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I actually want to play this game.

But, since you saw my husband up there crying into his empty wallet earlier...I guess I'll have to wait. [Frown]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I've resorted to living vicariously through others.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

start pawning stuff.
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
That Northwest Smith guy really pisses me off. I'm so glad he doesn't post here.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Almost as much as TheTick. Hey, wait a second...
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What people who've never had an xbox don't realize is you don't NEED memory cards. The xbox is exactly like a computer. you're games are saved on the console.
I've never owned an X-Box and I knew that.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

This game is awesome, just rented it, but it doesn't have as much freeplay as I expected. Anyways, how do you change weapons, I old the sword you start out with and I bought a new one and now I'm stuck with my stick, how do I change to my new sword?
the master
Member # 6788

quote:
how do I change to my new sword?
Press the back button. This will pull up a menu with "Equipment." Select that then weapons, then melee weapons, then your new sword to select it. This is also how you change outfits (including armor).

If you pick up books, to read them go to your logbook (also in the back button menu) and select books.

Need to get more experience? There's a spell you can purchase that will cause damage points to be taken from will instead of health. When people hit you and you're using this spell, it doesn't drop your experience multiplier. Bill's gotten into the 30's this way. The spell lasts until you run out of will or recast it. Your will won't regenerate while the spell is active, but you can still take will potions to replentish it.

Also, the potions that give you 100 exp. points in a specific area are affected by the multiplier. That's right, if you take one when you're at a multiplier of 20, you get 20,000 points. The multiplier still starts dropping fast as soon as you stop hitting things, but since you aren't taking damage, you can afford to flip through your menu and take a few potions.

I am well on my way to becoming a dark jedi.

[Evil Laugh]

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
ONLY ON XBOX!!
[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

.................... [Frown] ....................

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose Dark Jedi WOULD exploit bugs. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

i don't think that's a bug. just attention to detail. a bug is that there's a cap on how much money a property can make, but when you teleport into a city, it calculates as though there isn't.

oh, and the high for bill's multiplier is now 50.

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to buy it...but I know I have way to much work to do in the next month...and I don't want to get sucked in. I'll likely buy it in november when things will calm down a bit.

Of course then Halo 2 will be out.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Halo 2...*drool*

-Trevor

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] I beat it [Cry] the game's too short [Cry] and there isn't as much free play as morrow wind [Cry] I hope Halo 2 isn't this dissapointing [Cry]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you people DO that?

I've only beaten a few games: Top Gun, Caesar II, Caesar III, and Starcraft.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleep is optional, thats the key to beating videogames.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.