FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack: The Powderkeg (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack: The Powderkeg
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that kat's right--while the upcoming election has raised tensions a bit, this is nothing compared to the last presidential election. Remember how we were all at each other's throats at that point? I think that while tensions are cresting at the moment, relative to the general atmosphere of the current, gentler Hatrack epoch that we're experiencing, they're actually not all that far from the troughs we experienced around the 2000 elections.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't here in 2000 and I think there have been lower lows more recently. But everyone, including myself seems to be touchier and feelings are getting hurt more easily than in the past.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited to have something fun to do at work instead of staring out the window watching traffic, I forgive you all in advance. I don't care how nasty anyone gets, I love you all.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you would say that AJ! How insulting!

[Cry]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Bite me, dag.

Seriously, you need to shut your friggin' pie hole, before I come over there and shut it for you.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Anytime, li'l man!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure people are maintaining civility. That isn't the same thing as being easy-going, though, and more people seem to be taking breaks from it (like Farmgirl) than I'm used to. There also seems to be a higher level of (civilly expressed, but present) touchiness.

Then again, in 2000 I was pretty oblivious to anything but getting through the day, so my perspective is certainly altered.

[ September 20, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*throws lemon meringue pie at Dagonee*

*offers Sara an (edible) slice of her favorite pie*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Mmmmm. Lemon meringue...
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:plugs Dag's pie-hole:

Freak. How are you going to make a pie with this hole in the pan, stupid? Huh? You think that the dough and sweet cherry filling are just gonna SEAL it up by themselves?

What a marooon.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a soft spot for peach-and-blueberry. So pretty and so sweet, mmmmm ...
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I must not be paying much attention. I seem to be lost in a haze of bliss lately. Anyway, other than one incident a few weeks back, (coming on the heels of us almost losing CT for similar reasons), I can't recall anything that's been unpleasant. I guess I'm just dipping in here and there and avoiding most of the things that might get intense. Plus anyone who seems prone to hotheadness I quickly learn to fast forward through whatever they write.

Yesterday Sasha was very upset and that did bother me. But he isn't posting still, so it didn't affect the board.

Everybody just needs to go play airtoss and be happy!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But doing something just makes you realize how very little you CAN do. That is very frustrating, and you can get angry when you see people who have more power than you but still do nothing.
Yes.... we all want to be dictators... [Wink]

*spreads love and squishiness around Hatrack*
Yah, the election coming up is definatly the cause of the upped tension. But that's good! We should be conserned and debating these very important topics.

I wasn't here in 2000... but I can totally see Hatrack being more heated then. [Smile] Because I wasnt' there! [Wave] tee hee...

"You know that hole, where you put your pie?"
"My pie-hole?"
"Yah, SHUT IT!"

[ROFL]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

quote:
Everybody just needs to go play airtoss and be happy!
Anne Kate, I am addressing it in my own life by the following stress-reducing manuevers:

1) breaking out the juggling clubs again
2) morning jog in the cool air, even if only for 5 min
3) moisturizing inside and out (water and cool cucumber lotion)
4) more Christy-time

[Smile]

I expect successful stress-reduction in short order.

Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1) breaking out the juggling clubs again
[Smile] yey!
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't really felt that things on Hatrack have been overly tense lately (just normal levels). But I will say that with a certain new arrival, I think I will be keeping a low profile for awhile. I am... uncomfortable. More so that I can ever recall being here. I sincerely hope that changes.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of another poster who made me more uncomfortable, but since he's left me alone for a while, he's been reclassified as 'harmless' to me and has become part of the background of regular posters.

(This isn't an invitation to reopen communications, just observation)

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
::hangs head in shame::
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Bev)))

I'll protect you!

*puffs up*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Blushing]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumping* -- just because some seem a little more testy today, so I want to remind everyone that we are all friends, and people, and this too, shall pass.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2004/09/7
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2004/08/2
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2004/08/3

[ROFL]

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles*
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.