FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The place to post pics of your Halloween costumes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The place to post pics of your Halloween costumes
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas really has the most heart-melting eyes.

I think I'm going to hook him up with Sophie.

[/Bene Gesserit]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[/Bene Gesserit]
I *knew* it!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhhhh, dear boy.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine called me up and told me that I was going to go out for Halloween and that I was going to go as a cat and we'd spend the night at a ceilidh bringing in the new year. As I spend 90% of my day sleeping, am a fussy eater, and am only affectionate when I want something so it seemed to suit me pretty well. The end result of which is here.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
we already have trouble with the ladies chasing him now ...we'll have our hands full when T is older!
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

No way, BtL! You are so young! [Eek!]

You reek of geezer wisdom. (I mean that in the absolutely nicest of ways.)

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow! BTL!

For some reason I thought you were older to!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, is the e-mail that I reached you at before still good?
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Yeah. I'll check.

I've been, uh, kinda avoiding email. The guy that runs the fellowship (our boss) knows we are leaving and sent a "disappointed but I understand" email back to Dave. However, he tried to call us at home last night and on Dave's cell phone, too.

He's not going to go all mad and weird on us, but he had hoped Dave would take over for him and run the fellowship during his scheduled sabbatical in 2006. I don't want to deal with a last ditch effort to bribe David to stay.

*wince

But for you, Tick, I even brave dissappointed bosses. [Big Grin]

Here I go.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
My family

Jes is Magnum P.I. and I am Mother Nature, but you can't see my awesome, hand-made costume in any of our pictures because I was wearing a coat. The kids are Mario and Toad, but we couldn't get Jillian to keep her Toad hat on.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to brave anything for me! I could just as easily post, I just have the unreasonable fear that my e-mails never get read. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
You just have to put on your costume again and get Jes to take a picture of you in it (sans coat)!

The kids look great, btw. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The kids look great, btw.

Indeed. Good set of costumes. Did you make those?
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

*writing a response, Tick
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I believe that buying anything that can be handmade when doing costumes couldn't be more wronger.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Sent! [Smile]

PSI, you look gorgeous. And I recognized magnum PI. [Wink]

[ November 04, 2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

I'll second that (on both counts).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I'm trying to figure out your kids' costumes though. One of them is Mario, but I have no idea on the other one.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It's too bad she didn't tell us; that would make it easier.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
The little mushroom hat guy, Toad - see the hat in PSI's lap?

[ November 04, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Kat-- [Razz]

Okay, yes, I'm unobservant today. I could *swear* that that wasn't there when I read the thread the first time, but I suspect that I'm dead wrong.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon: [Kiss] I tease because I think you're groovy, you know.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Did everybody notice I3s potato pic? It ended up on the end of the last page, so I don't think it got the attention it deserved. It's a fabulous potato... no, I'm not biased, why would you say that?

[ November 04, 2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my little pirate family. I ran out of time to make all the costumes, so I had to put Daniel & Abigail in store bought ones.

I did, however, make Natalie's and Emily's using the same pattern but different materials. Natalie is also wearing one of my signature items - a hand-dyed cut velvet silk scarf.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Those girls got some wild Ralphie genes in them from somewhere. Attitude with a capital A. [Smile]

[*grin Of course, Belle -- being so wimpy and insipid and all -- couldn't be responsible for that part. [ROFL] They just reminded me of Ralphie's recent pirate picture.]

[ November 05, 2004, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my kids...

http://pictures.hypergeek.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=gojirama&id=halloween04_001

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, have you ever thought about setting up a booth at the Ren Faire and selling costumes?

Oh, and Thomas is too darn cute in that dragon costume!!

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
I tease because I think you're groovy, you know
[Smile] Sure, I knew that, but it's always nice to hear anyway! Thanks! [Kiss]
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You're sweet, dpr, but if you saw them up close you wouldn't say that! LOL It's straight from a pattern, nothing fancy at all. I was really rushed, so I cut a lot of corners, it looks terrible under close scrutiny.

Natalie liked it though. I was really happy with the scarf - I love working with cut velvet. Something so luscious about it.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens you guys are all so old!! I'm not used to seeing people post pictures of their kids on forums in such numbers... specially and have their kids be bloody near my own age! Do they know you're spreading their pictures on the net? They signed the consent forms? [Razz]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll have to speak up, son, we can't hear you.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
What great costumes!

Umm, Bob the Lawyer, you've given me quite the shock. I've also pictured you as a greying man with bad sideburns and a paunch that you strove to hide beneath a well-turned leisure suit. [Dont Know]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Well, I think we know how Bob needs to dress for Halloween next year.
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
Not very orignial of me, but thought I'd share anyway..

http://hometown.aol.com/bunnv/page1.html

Thanks, Tatiana, for all your help in getting this costume done!!

Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Deep down, SO, I think we're all greying men with bad sideburns and a paunch that we try and hide behind our well turned leisure suits. So while you're wrong about me in the strictly physical sense, you're oh-so right about characterizing my inner psyche and have illuminated one of the many small idiosyncrasies of man. Good on you.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Deep down, SO, I think we're all greying men with bad sideburns and a paunch that we try and hide behind our well turned leisure suits. So while you're wrong about me in the strictly physical sense, you're oh-so right about characterizing my inner psyche and have illuminated one of the many small idiosyncrasies of man. Good on you.
O.o
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
You're quite welcome, (San) Jorge! It was much fun. I am particularly proud of the blood drips. The greatest thing about this costume is that we succeeded in actually making you look evil! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.