FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The place to post pics of your Halloween costumes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The place to post pics of your Halloween costumes
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
You're going as a kitten with a spike shoved through its head? [Frown]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*thwap*

That's a cute unicorn costume!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Ummmmmm... unicorn?

Edit: Thanks, Narnia! [Smile]

[ October 30, 2004, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

You scared me there for a second...and I had this crazy thought "well, if she's not a unicorn, what in the heck could she be?? A kitten with a spike through it's head?" [ROFL]

I'm glad I was right.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[ROFL]

I guess it never occurred to me that it wouldn't be obvious. [Big Grin] BTW, the horn is a seashell! Yes, yes, I am quite proud of that....

I went in this to a church party and I attracted a lot of attention from the pre-teen girls! [Wink]

beverly
Member # 6246

And here is our beloved porteiro_head . See if you can guess who he is! [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
It has the caption down at the bottom there Bev.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[Eek!]

I guess that takes all the fun out of it....

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of, yah. [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

According to my friends, in her thirties, my mom looked like a moustacheless, shorter version of Weird Al.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
And you still consider these people your friends?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Yes, because I agreed.
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Now we know what Weird Al would look like playing the guitar if, you know, Weird Al knew how to play the guitar. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours
That's probably one of the cooler costumes I've seen in a while. Wish I was that creative...I went as a soldier for about 10 years straight I believe.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only the top half of me, but here on the left. School girl outfit. I was also wearing a pleated skirt and argyle tights. Veronica was a ranger from WC III.

And because I'm too lazy to find the decorations thread, here is the fountain I painted for Halloween.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours
*resists temptation to OOC*

Nice costumes, Bev and MPH! They don't have Halloween here. [Frown] It's very sad.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Cool pics, Suneun! I love dry ice mist.... And you make an adorably innocent looking schoolgirl. Of course, we know better. [Razz]

Raia, they didn't celebrate Halloween in the Philippines either. They did, however, have a very big celebration of All Saints Day, the day after.

I look forward to seeing more costumes! [Wink]

Narnia
Member # 1071

That is an awesome fountain Suneun.

And ph, I didn't have to look at the caption to know that you were weird al! [Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
There for a second I thought that pH had come back!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Great costume beverly!

It's so...white!

Suneun, I really figured you go goth, but that costume is great! Cool fountain. What is your friend supposed to be? Interesting makeup, whatever it is.

Before I saw the caption, I was going to guess that Porter's costume was something like "what became of the unicorn after, well...we can't tell you what happened..."

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
WOWZA beverly!!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I wear goth once or twice a week, so it seems like cheating to wear my club clothes for halloween [Smile]

I'm not sure I'll be wearing that in particular tomorrow night, it's just what I came up with spur-of-the-moment last night.

Veronica's Vereesa, the dark elf ranger in Warcraft III.

Dry ice is fun. I mean, it kinda only does one thing, but it does that well.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ilove the unicorn costume! [Smile]
The closest unicorn costume I had was of me riding a unicorn in 5th grade. Boy I was at an ugly stage back then...... ahem... Anyway this year I'm Arwen.. again. My elf ears seem to need to retire soon though as I came to find out today.

[ October 31, 2004, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: unicornwhisperer ]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Thanks, Bob, Romany, and UnicornW! [Smile] I do love costumes and dressing up. I actually just got into some renaissance gear today. I figured I had gotten into the unicorn garb enough for one year. Got it out of my system. [Smile]

UnicornW, Arwen is a good choice. [Wink] Pics--do share!

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's me trying to be as nerdy as I can possibly be. Vive Napoleon!

I made it to the finals of our company's costume contest. My act consisted of Pedro asking me what I was going to do today, and me replying: "Whatever I feel like! Gosh!" Then I turned away in a huff, stopped, put down my bottle of juice, and did a short dance Napoleon-style. Then I went to pick up the bottle and take a big swig, but I knocked it against my leg and spilled it all the way across the stage.

I was a pretty convincing Napoleon Dynamite, according to a lot of people at work. [Smile]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah. I'm convinced.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Good costume.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly, you look beautiful! [Smile] Very fey and fetching.

I totally got mph and afr at first glance. Excellent, both of you.

Suneun, what a rockin' fountain! And yes, you exude innocence.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha! Afr, that's fabulous. Pedro's pretty good too.

My costume turned out fantastic, but my digital camera battery dies, so I'll have to wait for friends to develop film before I can post it....

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Thanks Sara! [Hat]

afr, you two look great! I wish I could see a video of the act. [Smile]

We had a little Hatrackian Halloween gathering at our home. Jon Boy also dressed as ND with Brinestone going as Deb. Our group photo We made Jon Boy do a bit of an act too. 'twas fun. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know who she belongs to, but I'm stealing the little girl in the pink suit and taking her home with me.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
That's Pooka's little girl, and yes, she's absolutely adorable. All of Pooka's kids are, actually. I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for mixed-Asian descent kids. Gee, wonder why...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Little pumpkin

Good witch?

Our pumpkins

[ November 01, 2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy, those pumpkins are incredible! And (of course) the Sophiepumpkin is adorable.

[ November 01, 2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dana!

We got several compliments on them last night. Tom and I "cheated" and used patterns, but I'm still impressed. Sara carved the bats pumpkin freehand, I the owl and Tom the other two.

And, naturally, we're rather partial to our Sophiepumpkin.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Whoa! Your Jack-o-lanterns kick the trash out of my Jack-o-lanterns. And you two look great!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowow. These costumes are great. Sadly, since I don't trick or treat, the time when I pull out all the costume stops isn't until the Nightmare before Christmas ball here at my school. It's before Christmas break. [Wink] I'll ressurect this thread then, hopefully with pics of my kickin costume. [Big Grin]

Great pumpkins, Christy my dear. I wish I had pics of mine. [Smile]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
:::grumbles about Halloween:::

Thomas had a pumpkin for all of a day before stupid brats down the street smashed it.

I'll have pictures of my little dragon up tonight, possibly.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy & Tom, Sophie is a living doll!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
With Gilligan... The Skipper Too (me).... A Movie Star...

And here's one of mom

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Those are so cute! I love family costume themes. [Smile]

My brother dressed as the scarecrow this year, with his wife as Dorothy and their two little boys were the cowardly lion and toto. It was so cute because the littlest baby was toto in a little doggie outfit and she was always carrying him around just like Dorothy did in the movie. [Smile] I'll try to get pictures of that soon.

TheTick
Member # 2883

Here are pictures of Thomas the Burninator! Page 10 and 11 have them. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Cute dragon. But he looks so grown up!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Isn't he, though? [Smile]
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
hey beverly, that costume rocks!!! for added effect did you, by any chance, walk on all fours when you went trick-o-treating?
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Tick, he's adorable! Did you guys make that dragon outfit yourselves? Very cool!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

The other page.

No, that was store bought. Jen and her mom were going to make him a costume, but the price was right on this. [Smile]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
As mentioned elsewhere, I decided to go as a baked potato for Halloween.

ElJay was kind enough to take pictures after she was even kinder (kinder?) to help me make my costume. Unfortunately, I felt my very casual attire of black t-shirt and jeans was inappropriate for a photo I was going to put out there for all to see, so I got a bit dressed up and had another photo taken.

I think I look pretty good.

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Like quite the hot potato, I'd say. [Wink]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.