FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your First D&D Character (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your First D&D Character
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll let you know once I finally get to play D&D.

It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob--you should come up with a character that is from present day Earth, who somehow gets transported into a D&D world! I'm sure any DM would snap that character concept up in an instant! [Smile]

Seriously, you're welcome to submit a character for the campaign I'm currently brewing.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, it was fun to hear Tom scream out, "SEVEN FOOT TALL MAN!"

Although even better were your smooth replies to everything he said.

[Edit for disgraceful English]

[ November 17, 2004, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. I think I'd like to participate first in a face-to-face game where people don't mind a complete newbie asking questions. I'm clearly missing the point of it all and I really need to learn it first before I just muck up someone else's good time unintentionally.

I tried lurking in one of the e-mail based games, but it was too hard to keep track and, not being in the game, I quickly lost interest.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone has to be the sober ying to Tom's raging yang, and Christy wasn't in the room. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I completely respect that, but if you change your mind feel free to send me a character (not that I've made public the necessary details of the campaign yet). I certainly won't mind having an inquisitive newbie or two in the group.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh this game sounds so cool. I want to learn how to play so bad, it really sounds like my kind of game. I just don't where to start and how I'm going to learn all those rules [Grumble]
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

rules? There are RULES! [Eek!]

Noemon...thanks!

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno...aren't there?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
glowing silver paladin
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Your first character was a television inside a ball?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember my first character, but I remember my favorite NPC.

I started DMing shortly after I learned to play. One of the first villians the players ran into was Mendax.

He was a devil, when the game allowed you to play devils. He wanted your soul and made life threatening dungeons to steal them. More often, he told lies and he told truths all to convice people to give in to their dark side.

The Truth was more productive than lies in getting people to turn evil.

He was fun to play.

He showed up in almost every campaign I created after that.

I confused one group for over a year. They were ready for Mendax, but were taken totally by surprise by a guy named Xadnem

Some of my players grew up and played elswhere, taking Mendax with them. He showed up in campaigns in Europe among other places.

He showed up in a play I wrote in College, and a novel I'm working on now.

He's fun.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, we've had a long running NPC like that. He's been from one campaign to the other, killed, reborn, incinerated and reintegrated.

His name was Quasmo the Odd, and odd he has always been. If there was a plot to be schemed, he was behind the schemers. If there was a war to be fought, he'd be on the sidelines watching from his pavillion. If there was debauchery, he brought the bauch... a real classy guy.

Last he was seen, reincarnated as an opossum and left to fend for himself.

He'll be back some day. Can't wait.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I sneak a recurring NPC into all my campaigns. The party never meets him, though, because he always hangs out in a bar on the other side of the game world and never does anything worthy of note. Nor does he have much of a personality. But if he dies, the entire planet will be destroyed through a series of unique coincidences.

By doing this, I resist the urge to put a favorite NPC into any of my games. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
My very first character? A human fighter by the name of Bill the Fred. He likes swords. A lot. Think Fighter from nuklearpower comics.

He's actually still around as a 20th level character.

My "main" character at this point in time is an elven ranger by the name of Salogel of Doowkrim.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.