FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What are your reading plans for 2005? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are your reading plans for 2005?
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
'Harry Potter and the HBP'

'Life of Pi'- I bought it second hand for 25 cents in February although with a bunch of other books, some of which I haven't yet read.

'Parable of the Sower' (Octavia E. Butler) given to me for Christmas, so I have to read that...

'Lies Inc.' (Philip Dick) picked up also for 25 cents at the same book sale.

Somebody wants me to read 'Prey' by Michael Crighton, so I might read that...

I have to finish 'David Copperfield' by May 7th (I started it when I came to Toronto and although I've read a bunch of books inbetween I've still not got to the end of DC! I've read it before, though...)

I also want to finally actually read 'Wuthering Heights' which, no, I've never actually got through, and yes, I know I should have!

'5th Business' by Robertson Davies, who I've heard good things about.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to read Churchill's history of the Second World War. Also, some books by Ken Follet and Clive Cussler.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy (possibly the sequels too)
I, Robot
Bridge to Terabithia
Schindler's List
Bourne Identity (the whole trilogy)
All the OSC books I haven't read yet
Forgotten Realms
Wuthering Heights
Tale of Two Cities
Dune
Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Time Machine
War of the Worlds
Hound of the Baskervilles
Moby Dick
Return of Tarzan
Fear
Flowers for Algernon
Nighttime is my Time
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The next Harry Potter book
A Feast for Crows if it comes out, but I'm putting my money on a 2006 release for that one at this point.
All of John Steinbeck's stuff
Mary Doria Russell's The Sparrow

Beyond that I don't really have any concrete plans. Rowling and Martin are the only two authors whose upcoming works I'm anxiously awaiting at the moment. If Maureen McHugh or Octavia Bulter were to come out with something new I'd snap it up in a second, of course.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot I made this thread.

The only notable books I read so far this year were Lewis Lockwood's "Beethoven: The Music And the Life" and Dickens' "Martin Chuzzlewit" and "Hard Times".

Currently I'm reading "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep."

After that I plan to hit the classics that have slowly but surely been growing get going unread on my shelf.

And of course I'll to go that library book sale and buy more.

[ April 15, 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: the_Somalian ]

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.