FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are passport photos DESIGNED to make everyone look like a terrorist? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are passport photos DESIGNED to make everyone look like a terrorist?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, fugu made his choice at BobNDanaCon, and has pestered me enough about it since then, that I'm posting the pics from the summer I shaved my head. Unfortunately, they weren't taken right away, so my hair is not actually buzzed, just very short.

Here's the picture in which I look like a 12-year-old boy.

And here's a picture with henna drying... this was the time frame when I was running 6 miles at a time twice a day, I am no longer that svelte.

Happy now?

[ April 11, 2005, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really. We were promised bald pics.

Perhaps you could shave your head again, and take pictures of it?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ya know, I think about it every now and then. If I ever do it, I'll be sure to actually take good pictures. Of course, there are digital cameras now, which certainly helps.

Added: Reviewing the thread, I never actually promised bald pics. I promised pics from after I shaved my head. Technically, every pic you've ever seen of me has been from after I shaved my head. [Razz]

[ April 11, 2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pictures, ElJay, thank you [Smile]

And I wasn't pestering you all that often [Razz]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*grin* Thank you.
rivka
Member # 4859

I suddenly feel like Rachel . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

I suddenly feel like I've missed a reference due to not watching Friends all that much.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I was thinking it was a biblical reference, and trying to decide if I wanted to go try to figure it out or just admit that I couldn't remember the story.

*really hopes that she's remembering correctly that it's old testament*

rivka
Member # 4859

Rachel
quote:
RACHEL: Ohh! Phoebe, this is all your fault! Now he loves her, he's gonna marry her, and this is all your fault.

PHOEBE: You said it was okay!

RACHEL: You said she was bald!!

PHOEBE: What?! What-what-what-what-what?!

RACHEL: Phoebe, we can't, we just can't just let it happen! Okay, we have to do something! We have to break them up! Okay? Just go in there and like, shave her head! You owe me one bald girl!!!

Or maybe Ross . . .
quote:
Ross: Oh. Uh, by the way, if it makes you feel any better. I happen to like 8-year-old boys.

Caitlin: What?!

Ross: The uh, your hair, before, your hair, you said you thought your looks like an 8-year-old's, and I'm just saying I like it. The hair.

Caitlin: Oh. Thanks.

Ross: You understand I don't actually like 8-year-old boys.

You do look adorable in those pics, ElJay. [Smile]

[ April 11, 2005, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

*muses*

Could be that, too . . . but I'd be equally lost, so could be whichever [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

*laugh* I've never watched Friends, so that possibility never entered my mind.

I'm not going to shave it again any time soon, rivka. Probably.

fugu13
Member # 2859

That wily ElJay, always leaving her options open.

I bet she gets a mohawk [Wink] [Razz] j/k

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay... the pics of you with the shaved head remind me of Helen Slater in the 80's movie, The Legend of Billie Jean.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.