FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which Hatracker's HS yearbook photo is this? (it could be you) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which Hatracker's HS yearbook photo is this? (it could be you)
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
My vote is Bob, as well. In fact, I thought it was Bob before I ran through the rest of the posts. Didn't even have to see a side-by-side pic. What gave it away were the eyes and smile combo.

One thing this does show, Bob has always been happy. Somehow he must have known he would someday come to Hatrack, meet dkw, and marry her.

Of course if it isn't Bob, I guess I'll make a quiche from the egg dripping from my face. [Wink] Oooo, quiche. Now that could be yummy.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, sndrake's post is pretty funny. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Twinky, would I kid about something like that? I'm shocked you think I would this subject so lightly.
*sigh*

Edit: You ARE kidding. You ARE.

Right?

[ April 11, 2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
twinky, I want to reassure you. I really do . . .

*pat pat*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Pictures I am unconcerned about. But it kind of freaks me out that a bunch of people I've never met (but who I like [Smile] ) would discuss me, even tangentially, at a gathering that is almost wholly unrelated to my existence...

At the last hatrack.ca gathering, maybe one or two non-present Hatrackers came up in conversation, and one of those was Baldar, so that doesn't even count. And that was just fine.

Edit: And when I met tt&t, we speculated about the pronunciation of Kama, but IIRC that was more or less it.

[ April 11, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* *patpat* No, we didn't talk about you. I don't remember talking about any Hatrackers that weren't there, except Annie and Hobbes a little bit (all the love around, you see), and Taalcon some (all the religion around).

So, no, we really didn't, although the mental image of twenty Hatrakers poring over pictures of you is too funny to send off without a lamenting sigh.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Um the long haired brother, uhh DKW's little brother, whatever his name is."
*hurt* I would like to point out, if that is indeed the case, that he would also be my little brother. *sniff sniff*

And I don't know about the rest of 'em, twink, but I didn't talk about you at the reception at all. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Thank. You.

*sigh of relief*

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay, does it help if I was thinking about you as I typed that, just didn't say it? I mean I do think of you

(not in a stalkerish way I swear)

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmm. Yes, that makes it better. [Smile] Thanks.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I am NOT eljay & dkw's little brother.

Their younger brother, yes, but eljay is definitely the little one.

Do you know how long I was holding that pic, waiting for Bob & Dana to be gone on honeymoon? Do you know how many of you asked me "So when are you going to register?" forcing me to bite my tongue and make excuses?

Schemes are hard.

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Do you know that it was my idea to steal the pic when we were helping Bob move? [Razz]

[Big Grin]

We're all here now!

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how my name was raised in this discussion, but no...tis not me.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
So that explains why ElJay called me to ask for Brian's cell phone number . . . and wouldn't tell me why. So, how many other families can boast six Hatrackers??

[Group Hug]

Hmmm - there needs tp be one more added to that hug!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Do any of the rest of you have any pets? Because if smokey's registered, they should be too.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle* I actually just wanted to tell him that his nefarious scheme was working insofar as someone had checked the picture host and was headed in the wrong direction.
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - that six is real people and doesn't include Smokey, Lavalamp, Posable Man, ghost of dkw or any of ElJay's other screen names.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
It did always seem odd to me that the parents were both registered before I ever got around to it, considering I've periodically lurked for ages, usually when Dana would send me an interesting thread.
I think "Uruk Haiku" was the first of those.

Nightshade is not registered, though he does often watch my monitor. He doesn't like forums as much as City of Heroes or Milkdrop for Winamp.

--The Enigmatic Brian of the Awwwwww
(from a post-henna post)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmm. This upsets our balance even further. Pre-wedding it was two family members posting primarily from macs, two from PCs. Now, with wedding and Enigmatic joining, it is two macs to four PCs. Amazing how the rest of the family has such poor taste in computers.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, which one are we setting up with IvyGirl, again? [Wink]

[ April 11, 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: fugu13 ]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Um, no one from my family, thank you very much. [Razz]

Added: Due to wrong age range.

[ April 11, 2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

Ah, that's right, its the tap dancing Scopatz we're targeting . . .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

- posted      Profile for Poseable Nurse           Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay - Can I send CT the photo of you with shaved head? She might need it if she looses any bets.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Hey, you still need to post those here [Razz]
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
We have collected the entire set of Williamses! Welcome to Hatrack, Enigmatic.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Laugh] Shigosei.

fugu: yeah, yeah. When I get home tonight... if I remember...

[Wink]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

I need to figure out how to get the rest of my family on here. I'm hoping to do it without having to actually get married to another Jatraquero.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Shigosei, are you sure you just said what you meant to? According to that statement you have either already married once or will need gay marriage to be legalized, and have a secret you're not telling us.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Fellow Jatraquero. Not another.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Yeah, yeah, fellow Jatraquero. And I use Jatraquero in the non-gender specific sense.
fugu13
Member # 2859

Y'know, now that you've clearly assented, those people who dug up the pics (*coughcough*) could, of course, post them themselves . . .
ElJay
Member # 6358

I certainly hope not, 'cause I only assented to posting two of the three. The other one is awful.

Okay, I'll go dig them up now. [Razz]

Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Deleted guess... hmm, didn't see the second page until too late.

Sleep deprivation strikes again. [Sleep]

[ April 11, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Lost Ashes ]

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am NOT eljay & dkw's little brother.

Their younger brother, yes, but eljay is definitely the little one.

[ROFL]
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

So, ElJay, where are the pictures?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Here.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

ah...thanks, rivka!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.