FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Men with women's names (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Men with women's names
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a senior girl this year named Brett. It ws not a shortened form either. That was her name.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Had a client whose named was Bernice, but he pronounced it BURN-iss.
Wonder if it is the same guy I current work with, Olivetta! His name is Bernice (pronounced the way you have it) but he goes by his middle name, Grady. But we tease him with the feminine pronounciation of his first name, sometimes. His last name is very French, so maybe that name is common in that nationality.

screech -- I know of several guys named Dana -- in fact, more than I know girls of that name, now that I think of it...

I have an Uncle Francis -- although I always used to get the whole "Francis/Frances" thing mixed up (which spelling you used for female and which for male)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Surely you must be joking!

I never joke, and don't call me Shirley.

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a science fiction writer of some note named Kim Stanley Robinson, though his fellow writers seem to call him Stan Robinson.

I'm not 100% on this, but with guys, Kim is just Kim. With girls, it's often short for Kimberly, though I used to tease a girl in my sixth grade class by calling her Kimothy.

[edit: typo]

Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Carol is another version of Carl and Charles. Charlemagne is the root for all the Carl's, Karl's, Carol's, Carolina's, Charles', Karol's.

Karl the King!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.