FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The greatest villain ever (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The greatest villain ever
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
George Lucas.
[ROFL] [ROFL] I'll definately second that one.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hannibal lector.

Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious. He really was a mastermind villain.

The Master was cool.

Professor Moriarty though was a good villain.

Jig Saw is a good villian.

You know, the only way to settle this is going to be a "Best Villian Ever Game. It's Fun!"

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hannibal lector.
NEVAH!

I loved Silence of the Lambs; and that's because of his CHARACTER.

Don't take him away. Please.

Tante - I don't really know how to reply; let's just say for now that the e-mail's well appreciated. Thank you. [Smile]

[ November 01, 2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i think the guy from the saw movies is a pretty nasty villian. or kevin spacey's character from seven. Sick and demented views, and the utmost determination to finish what they started.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Gargamel--the Un-Smurfiest of them all. (You can tell by the smell Gargamel is in the Dell)

Karl Rove--he's so evil, he has to be fictional.

Al Gore--he's so evil--and wooden, he has to be fictional. Hey, he invented the Internet after all, and we all know that's the great second aunt of all evil.

The Shadows--see B5--destoyer of worlds, bringer of Chaos, enslavers of men's minds.

pS I second a showdown list to weed out the evil wannabe's from the essences of pure nastiness.

That's why I put in Gargamel. I want to see his obit.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate Dr. Evil but I have a bias.

Bill Clinton.

Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
i think the guy from the saw movies is a pretty nasty villian. or kevin spacey's character from seven. Sick and demented views, and the utmost determination to finish what they started.

Okay, I put Kevin Spacey's guy in Se7en and Rutger Hauer's guy in The Hitcher in a dead heat. But both of them lose to the people who made those movies. Evil, evil, evil.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
I'm so, so glad no one's said Sephiroth.

My vote goes to Doctor Robotnik. Or for pure, unadultered evil with zero sympathizable qualities, Kevin of Sin City fame.

Sephy HAD been the first thought on my mind since I had just watched the mpeg of Aerith's death. (I cried, yes)

But now that I think about Sevies, I really like Sevothtarte from Angel Sanctuary. That guy was one sick little bastard. As if putting a needle behind Gabriel-sama's neck wasn't enough to put him no.1 on the list.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin Spacey has actually played at least two great villains.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Quara
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kevin Spacey has actually played at least two great villains.
Hmm. The guy from Seven, and...?

Hopper from A Bug's Life? [Big Grin]

He's playing Lex Luthor next year, apparently.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
And he was actually Dr. Evil at the beginning of Austin Powers 3.
Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmm. The guy from Seven, and...?
Megan, if that's intentional, it's really funny. If not, maybe not so much.

That is, if this is the movie that Tom's thinking of.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zarex
Member # 8504

- posted      Profile for Zarex   Email Zarex         Edit/Delete Post 
Aunt Agatha, from Jeeves and Wooster.

Or maybe Cruella Deville she wanted to skin puppies.

Posts: 250 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Maleficent, evil woman! [Angst]

In the vg "Kingdom of Hearts" she is the main one!

Villain of all the Disney Villains!

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Kaiser Soze!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree about the Kevin Spacey villians! I am much more creeped out by the sneaky, quiet villian than someone loud and obvious like the Joker (although I loved Jack Nicholson playing him).
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Magneto, far and above. He's not a villain, he's an antihero -- I always find myself rooting for him, or at least his later incarnations when he battles to save and protect his people rather than doing the boring usual let's-kill-humanity-what-else-is-there-to-do-we're-villains twirling-mustache crap typical of "villains." He's noble, he's honorable, he's powerful, he takes on impossible odds and constant betrayal alone, the burden borne on his tired shoulders for no reason but altruism and selflessness. He's earned our respect time and time again simply for the odds he battles and the desperate solitude of his life. We disagree with him, but it's hard to argue with his experiences -- and, after all, he acts only to protect others from the hells he's suffered through. He's noble, simply misguided -- and even that's debateable. I love him.

Also, the Joker, but not because he was "creepy" -- because, as someone said, he's the perfect counterpoint to Batman. Batman is fear personified, terrible and cold -- he's what everyone should and does fear, but he fights the good fight. Joker is a similar oxymoron, taking the familiar form of a clown, but violating the stereotype of childhood joy usually associated with clowns by instead of becoming happiness personified, taking caricaturization in the opposite direction -- and becoming insanity, cruelty, pain. He's brilliant. I can't wait to see what Christopher Nolan will do with him.

I would cite some characters from A Song of Ice and Fire, but there are no villains there, not for more than a few chapters.

And, of course, the Brain, but we all knew that...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.