FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brokeback Mountain... will you see it? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain... will you see it?
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia:
Olivia, if Ron would rather not see it with you, I would be willing to.

Eee! I wanna come! (Too bad I'm in Massachusetts...)

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm . . . I wonder if this would be a good date movie . . .
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
I try to see all of the films nominated for Best Picture, and by all accounts this will be one of them. I am interested in those who won't see a film because of its 'politically correct subject matter'. I certainly did not deny myself the enjoyment of the Narnia film just because I am uncomfortable with the overtly religious elements of it.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely ever go to the movies, so movies that even if I wanted too, I won't go see.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to have the luxury of seeing almost any film with my Hatrack girlfriends (who are also my rl girlfriends, thanks to various WenchCons).

Not that this particular movie screams "Chick Flick", but I don't usually go for the ones that do.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be seeing it, for sure. But I'm sure everyone already knew that. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ser Bronn Stone:
I try to see all of the films nominated for Best Picture, and by all accounts this will be one of them. I am interested in those who won't see a film because of its 'politically correct subject matter'. I certainly did not deny myself the enjoyment of the Narnia film just because I am uncomfortable with the overtly religious elements of it.

That wasn't what I meant at all. I have no desire to go see Brokeback Mountain because it sounds incredibly boring to me. I have a lot of friends in the next few weeks who are going to try to get me to watch it because of it's "powerful message" and that's not a good enough reason for me to see a movie. If there is a movie with politically correct subject matter that I'm also interested in seeing, then I'd go see it.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.