FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prayers and Good Thoughts for RackhamsRazor -- With Updates - And With Picture (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Prayers and Good Thoughts for RackhamsRazor -- With Updates - And With Picture
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's such a great picture! Give my love and admiration to Annie as well!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
oh wow! my sympathy to all involved, and best wishes to Annie for a speedy recovery.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you need anything for her? Is the money for the hospital and what not taken care of? Do you guys have a laptop or something like Mr. Funny suggested? Is there anything I can do to help?
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The emotional scars from the car accident will take much longer to heal than the physical ones. I still tense up when I'm in a car in the mountains because of an accident I was in nine years ago. She seems strong though. [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad she is OK. (relatively!)

Prolixshore, the Superwoman effect(casual -seeming acceptance of the event) may wear off as she heals and as time goes by. She should be aware of possible post traumatic stress symptoms.

Bad dreams, irrational fears, general fear, panic attacks.

(and, what hanseng said, except that "being strong" often has nothing to do with it)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, AR, best wishes to you, Annie, both of your families. I wish there was more I could do at this point for you guys.

This is rav, btw.

Maybe make some pasta? [Wink]

Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
(Count me in the crowd that's thankful it wasn't a pic of either the accident or major blood and gore.)

The statute of limitations hasn't run out yet, dude. Don't worry about that.

Send her our love, good thoughts, and prayers.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Cutest couple award for the day! [Smile]

Here's hoping that Annie's recovery will be as swift as possible. That's a traumatic thing to go through.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all of your wishes and prayers. Also, thank you Jeff for starting a thread for me-it really made me smile

Just a little update: This week has been a little rough getting around. It is so hard trying to get comfortable in any position. Thankfully, the burns and cuts on my face have improved so drastically that it just looks like I have a slight sunburn now.

Everyone was really worried that the cuts and burns were much deeper and were even talking to me about possible plastic surgery to correct the scars it would likely leave. The things on my face were much more superficial and my dad thinks that there might have been chemicals on the air bag and everything on my face was a result of chemical burns.Also, my lip, which had been almost touching my nose, went down by Monday.

Thursday was rough because I started having muscle spasms in my neck and back from muscle-guarding. Friday was probably my best day. I felt better, looked better, and I got a real cast on. Since I was so swollen, I only had on a cast that was open on the sides to allow swelling to occur. After more x-rays, the orthopedic surgeon said the doctor at the hospital did a nice job at setting my wrist. They took off the one cast and put on a nice powder blue colored cast [Smile] .

So here I am today, on my 21st birthday [Big Grin] , just writing to give you guys a little update. I am a little sore from all the movement of getting a new cast on the day before. However, things are getting better and I know everyones prayers will lead me to a swift recovery.

Thanks again Hatrack!

If anyone would like, I can share some of my experience over the next few days but I need to stop typing now so I can go rest.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy your birthday. [Smile] Glad you are continuing to improve.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna take this down after a week, but since it's your birthday I suppose I could let it stay up one more day. Glad you're improving, and I hope that regardless of your circumstances you can have/are having a happy birthday.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday and I'm glad to hear you're improving!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If anyone would like, I can share some of my experience over the next few days
Definitely tell us about it! We want to hear the whole story!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I am so glad you are feeling better.
Happy Birthday.
Please feel free to share your experience.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what Liz said [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto [Kiss]

Also, may I say that your names go ever so well together? Although I may be biased... *is an Anne, married to a Jeff*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.