FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » War picture (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: War picture
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Deliberately is the key word - and posting a picture that comments on Bush's war policy is not deliberately trying to stir up trouble. It's not different than starting a thread by claiming "Bush wants to attack Iran now that he attacked Iraq." The post that stirred up trouble here was the one calling someone else a troll.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeoJ
Member # 9272

- posted      Profile for LeoJ   Email LeoJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets go tom, good job...
Posts: 56 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeoJ
Member # 9272

- posted      Profile for LeoJ   Email LeoJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is what he meant...

http://hometown.aol.com/studiocollector/images/raiders%20troll%20doll.jpg

Posts: 56 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
ahhh... then yeah, thats me to a T.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shepherd:
Pssst Llyrhawn, that becasue their a hell of a lot closer.

[Smile] True.

But they're also really close to a lot of other problem hot spots that they seem more than willing to let the US take the lead on, which leads me to believe they're serious about Iran because Iran really is a credible threat, otherwise they wouldn't get their hands dirty messing with it.

Bush could never get a war with Iran off the ground anyway, not without major, and I mean frontline, major joint help from, Europe. And not just because we don't have the man power to help with such an action, because really we do, we'd just have to pull it from other theaters of operation. Publicity wise, even his own party would revolt if he launched another go it alone war. The cartoon is silly and unfounded, but slightly amusing just because it's so out there.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Has there been a point other than being rude, inflamatory, and coy in your postings on this thread, TomDavidson?
Don't you pretty much troll on every youngster who appears?

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonniet
Member # 240

- posted      Profile for bonniet   Email bonniet         Edit/Delete Post 
What do I get for having 2 registrations under 700?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, bonniet! You've just won a brand new waffle iron! Simply send $69.95 to cover shipping and handling, and the chrome stylings of the Ronco Wafflator can be yours!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks aspectre for your honesty. As you said:
quote:
Has there been a point other than being rude, inflamatory, and coy in your postings on this thread, TomDavidson? Don't you pretty much troll on every youngster who appears?
And cudos to Occasional said to Tom D's statement that "I'm fairly sure that a number of his posts have not only been deliberately rude but also inflammatory. And he's coy about it, which suggests he's aware of the potential. Those two traits in combination tend to trigger my trolldar."

quote:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
As I said yesterday:
quote:
TomD can call newcomers and others trolls because he is Hatrack member #124 and king of the Hatrack forum.
Although I don't post much, I still read the forum from time to time and reflect on what members say.

In your pompus piety, TomD, you might think of yourself as the "king of the Hatrach forum," but with your thinly veiled "rude and inflammatory" comments you truly are the "coy" king of the trolls. Your nearly 25,000 posting experience suggests you are "aware of [your] potential."

Krank

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving all else aside, since certainly even the ignorant are apparently entitled to their random speculations on motive, I feel I must point out that I have never claimed to be and do not think of myself as the "king" of Hatrack. Some people tend to project their own insecurities onto what they erroneously perceive to be my comparatively secure position, and this leads them into error.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL

Take it back Tom...you ain't "coy."

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, peek approved!

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah!

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.