FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fan Film -- Lightsaber Duel (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fan Film -- Lightsaber Duel
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

Darth Maul can't see the future. Obi-wan came up with a clever move and it worked. Why's that so hard to believe?

I believe I was just trying to offer a little jab at Lucas for making his characters quick enough to fight impossible complex saber battles, only to die by the old "sword lying near the fallen soldier" trick. It really is a weak way to end a great fight.
Using that criteria, Joss Whedon sucks just as bad.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who could come up with a killer concept like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"..... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Anyone who could come up with a killer concept like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"..... [Roll Eyes]

Y'know, I used to say just that. Then I actually watched the show...

[Roll Eyes] right back atcha.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was referring more to the movie Serenity actually.

I mean, so long as you're nitpicking.

Regardless, oh my god! A story about vampires! That's so ORIGINAL! [Roll Eyes] Wait, let's make all the main characters sarcastic and witty, yeah, that's the ticket.

Not that I actually want to turn this into a George Lucas vs. Joss Whedon a thon. It'd be ridiculous, the comparisons would be so out there.

I'm just saying, if you want to use arbitrary criticism to lash out at Star Wars that's perfectly fine. Just don't throw a hissy fit when I use the exact same criteria on someone you happen to like.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Lucas vs. whedon is easy:

check the dialogue gap... everything else could go Lucas's way and it still wouldn't matter...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the Ho brothers' movie was awesome! I vote for it. It had a spectacular soundtrack, and the fighters really looked like they were trying to hurt one another, and not just dancing.

It also gave us a reason to care about the one guy, though would it have been better if we cared about both of them? Very CTHD feel, and excellent martial arts.

This is so amazing and cool!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Vampire: "I vant your bloooood"
Jedi: whoosh
Vampire: falls onto ground in 2 pieces.

[Razz]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.