FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SaveHiatus.com (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SaveHiatus.com
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
I dressed as the hot dude with the fez from Hiatus for DragonCon (huge Atlanta nerd convention) last weekend and passed out Save Hiatus flyers. I feel accomplished.

How cool is that! Did you make the ornate (and enormous) bronze codpiece yourself, or did you buy it somewhere?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
I have posted a Hiatus desktop wallpaper theme I found on my old Mac hard drive:

http://verbalobe.blogspot.com/

I'll let you know if I find any more.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
John, may I grab these wonderful bits of history for the SaveHiatus site? Crediting (or blaming) you, of course...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Chris.

Anything for you.

I mean... you started this. You're a GOD!

No, wait. That's too much. I can't think!

Okay... okay. Breathe.

Chris Bridges addressed me by name! OMG. And he wants to grab my bits.

Okay.

But really! We thought we were all ALONE! And now there's this awesome THING, this FAN site and EVERYTHING, that you brought into existance!

Thank you.

HIATIANS UNITE!!

Thank you.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Posted!

And please. I'm just a fan. An obsessive, obsessive fan. I put my Hiatus Underoos on one extremity at a time, just like you (presumably) do.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

Oh sure. Just a fan. That's like calling a Rllrian 'just a scimitar-wielding phoraletic chapropod.'

And... Underoos! Okay, another foray into the archive is called for...

John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

I found a slightly older wallpaper relic from the Hiatus wonderparsecs:

I was highly amused to be reminded of some of the marketing they used! I don't think some of that would "fly" today.

Come to think of it....

John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

Ooh! Buried in with tax receipts from 1990-1999 (the IRS did not allow 'professional HiatusCon attendee' -- don't ask) I found a lovely newspaper clipping, now posted:

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Maybe I should just set you up as an authorized author at the SaveHiatus site... [Smile]
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

Oh no. What if I were to slip up, and post something inauthentic?
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
JVP said he'd be in "meetings" today. The English language is such a marvelous, flexible thing....
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Chris, just so you know... Flash Fiction Friday this week is a Hiatus fanfic. [Smile] Could be fun. Or it could just be really really really bad. [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.