FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who's your favorite Disney villain? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who's your favorite Disney villain?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
The Beast in Beauty and the Beast.

Did we watch the same movie? Or is this from one of those non-Disney, "Beast does some really nasty stuff to Belle that we would rather not describe on the box" video releases?
The movie I saw had a landowner who threw a lost old man in the dungeon, then let the old man free only on the condition that his daughter take his place.

Which one did you see?

quote:
Originally posted by Launchywiggin:
Sounds like a joke.

Nope. He was definitely a villain.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dag, but he's feeling much better now.

edit: Wait. I think I can picture that movie: Greedy wealthy aristocrat kidnaps a OCD liberal professor. This Ivory Tower professor pimps his daughter to save his own life. Unfortunately, as time progresses, and thanks to Helsinki Syndrome, where the victim falls in love with its kidnapper, the poor girl over identifies with the villian.

Luckilly a rugged indivdualist, NRA supporter, and hunter leads a rag-tag team of free spirited patriots to rescue the poor helpless girl.

Major battle ensues. Luckilly the hero's dieing breath kills the villian. While it looks like the movie is over, they throw in a hook to B&BII--The Return of the Villian via Magical Reincarnation.

Gosh Darn-it Dag, that movie could sell in Hollywood today.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Maleficent is definitely the scariest villain, I think. Hades was the most entertaining, though.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. He was definitely a villain.
How can he be a villian? He was so pretty there at the end.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he was better looking as the beast.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, seriously? Those Siamese cats still give me nightmares.

That said, Jafar was awesome. Aladdin had the best villain, the hottest princess, and the funniest sidekick. Best Disney movie ever.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I. loved. The. Genie.

<-obsessed w/ Robin Williams

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock a Doodle isn't Disney.

Michael Eisner is probably the worst Disney villian. I guess that doesn't make him my favorite.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
theamazeeaz - Wow. Dead on. Not my favorite either - but definitely the biggest Disney villian of them all. Good thing he's been written out of the script. I hope he goes away and stays away. SAVE DISNEY!
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dkw:

Amen, Sister!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have to agree.

I'm having a hard time with this one. There were plenty of villains I was horrified of, most notably the witch queen (when she turned into the old hag especially) in Snow White and Ursula. Cruella DeVille wasn't scary so much as I was horrified by her motives. She made me cry. I guess if Gaston counts as a villain, he was lovably oafish enough to be my favorite. And I did appreciate the sarcasm of Scar.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I take exception to the assertion that the Beast was prettier as a beast.

This is because of his Striking Resemblance to my very own Prince.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy in Mulan was totally scary I love when Mulan throws her shoe at him [ROFL]
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.