FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scrabble Online (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Scrabble Online
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on "DODGIEST," BTW. I was genuinely impressed. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. It was a good one. I thought I was screwed when I realized I left the triple word score wide open. I'm glad I had something.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook has Scrabble?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

It's a special Scrabulous application for Facebook. It's sort of like Play By Social Networking Scrabble.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Okay, I've got a Facebook account now. Can anyone explain how the Scrabble thing works?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

You have to add the application. I can't remember how to do it the normal way. I just got a notification when Tom added the application and I followed a link on the notification to add it myself. If I had access to Facebook at work, I'd help you.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I just found the application and added it, but it looks like it's offline for maintenance right now.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Anybody up for some Facebook Scrabble?
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find it.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for normal scrabulous scrabble, I get off work in about 15-20 minutes.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My scrabulous handle is BlackBlade

What are you folks?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
Anybody up for some Facebook Scrabble?

I think you just friended me. When I get home, I'll challenge you to a game (or you can go ahead and challenge me now and I'll get to it at home).
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
I can't find it.

Really? It's the first hit when I search for Scrabulous.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
I think you just friended me. When I get home, I'll challenge you to a game (or you can go ahead and challenge me now and I'll get to it at home).

Cool. I just started a game.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Holy crap, Primal. A bingo and a quadruple word score? Who knew your Scrabble-fu was so powerful? Are you sure you're not using a word builder? *eyes suspiciously*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost, almost, I am sufficiently tempted to join Facebook.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamarque
Member # 10825

- posted      Profile for Lamarque   Email Lamarque         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Holy crap, Primal. A bingo and a quadruple word score? Who knew your Scrabble-fu was so powerful? Are you sure you're not using a word builder? *eyes suspiciously*

A quadruple word score you say? I didn't realized those existed... I've only seen doubles and triples on my board.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Play a word that spans two double word scores, and voila, quadruple word score.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Pure luck. When I play scrabble IRL, I can strategize with the placement. With Scrabulous, they don't label the squares, so I'm never quite sure what they mean. I was as surprised as you by that score.

Tom is currently kicking my butt (despite the aforementioned DODGIEST). So my Scrabble-Fu is weak.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The bonus squares are all color-coded, so you just have to know what each one means. Blue squares are letter bonuses, red ones are word bonuses, dark ones are triple, and light ones are double.

And I figured it was mostly just luck. I played a game once where the first team started off with a bingo and then got another bingo on their second turn. Starting off with a 100-point advantage over the other three teams pretty much seals the game, though Ruth and I did give them a run for their money.

Lamarque
Member # 10825

- posted      Profile for Lamarque   Email Lamarque         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Play a word that spans two double word scores, and voila, quadruple word score.

Ah yes, I refer to such as a Double-Double. And two triples as a Triple-Triple. The second has only ever happened to me once though.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Played my best game EVER last night. 658. Five bingos. [Cool]

Chances are that I'll never score that much again in my whole life. Freaky, freaky game.

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

OK could somebody explain to me how you get a bingo in Scrabble? I've never heard of that.
plaid
Member # 2393

Bingo = when you play all 7 tiles, and you get a 50-point bonus. Kind of a dumb word for it -- I like "epiphany" better.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by plaid:
Bingo = when you play all 7 tiles, and you get a 50-point bonus. Kind of a dumb word for it -- I like "epiphany" better.

Oh! See I knew what an epiphany was, I'd never heard it called a bingo, I kept looking at the scrabble board trying to figure out how you could possibly get a bingo on the stupid thing.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by plaid:
Played my best game EVER last night. 658. Five bingos. [Cool]

Chances are that I'll never score that much again in my whole life. Freaky, freaky game.

Holy crap. I'm not sure I've ever gotten more than one in a game.
plaid
Member # 2393

Yow. Had another 5-bingo/epiphany game last night. (But only 590 this time... [Wink] )

Really weird. I mean, I'm happy to be doing this good, but it's not like I've been studying up or anything, 3 in a game has been my record for years and years, and suddenly I get two 5-bingo games...

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Is it okay if I hate you now?
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are nice scores, Plaid.

Have any of you guys tried Scrabble Blitz at Scrabulous? I find it too addictive, because the rounds are only four minutes and I keep telling myself "just one more round..."

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
There's Scrabble on Facebook?
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Indeed there is.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
How do these people not know about it, it was the first thing i found when i made a facebook
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.