FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Merry xmas everybody what did YOU get? *grin* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Merry xmas everybody what did YOU get? *grin*
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh one of my favorite gifts was this small multicolored LED lavalamp thing with suspended glitter that sparkles in the multicolored LEDs when you shake it. It's so awesome! My sister in law always comes up with cool stuff like that. Last year she got us all pink squishy rings of power that flash in red, green, and blue when you squeeze them. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I just bopught myself Call of Duty 4, new powersupply and a 200$ LCD widscreen.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
160Gb ipod (my last one broke a year ago; I'm a music lover so having twice as much space as my current collection makes me really happy [Big Grin] ), that iTrip thing for your car, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, the big Harry Potter DVD trunk collector set, a 35-piece power tool kit, Robot Chicken season 2, the Futurama movie, and the Simpson's movie.

Pretty awesome. Now I just need to spend my xmas money on Guitar Hero 3 and a giant hard drive ^_^

Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to get Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii and use my Barnes and Noble giftcard on some more manga. It was a truly good Christmas. Now if I just had the free time to enjoy all this stuff.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
This was the year of the vouchers - Tony and I got movie vouchers (to the premium cinemas, complete with a bar voucher) and a really nice dinner voucher.

And Tony gave me a voucher for a Feed the Animals tour of the National Zoo. It's really neat - you go with a zookeeper and get to feed the giraffes and lions and tigers (and tigons) and lots of other animals. [Big Grin]

The best bit was I got to give my mother-in-law the shawl it has taken me two years to knit. Luckily, she liked it. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
The best bit was I got to give my mother-in-law the shawl it has taken me two years to knit. Luckily, she liked it. [Smile]

Oh my, yes! It would have been horrible if she smiled politely and asked if it came in blue.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the point of the Harry Potter treasure chest set? Is there really anybody out there that likes Harry Potter enough to buy it, and yet doesn't already own the books? Shouldn't they just sell the trunk without the books?
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tara:
Is there really anybody out there that likes Harry Potter enough to buy it, and yet doesn't already own the books?

Well, there are certainly plenty who would be happy with it as a gift.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Threads:
This

quote:
Dear Benjamin,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Engineering at Cornell University! We are very pleased to be welcoming you to the new freshman class.

[snip]

(that one came a little early [Smile] )

Material gifts include Guitar Hero III (for the Wii), Super Mario Galaxy, A War of Gifts, First Meetings in the Enderverse, Our Dumb World: The Onion's Atlas of the Planet Earth, Train Recognition Guide (Tons of colored photos, only interesting for a railfan such as myself [Smile] ), and some much appreciated college money.

Congrats on the CU acceptance. I went there for undergrad. Be prepared for a lot of work in engineering. [Razz]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.