FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Merry xmas everybody what did YOU get? *grin* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Merry xmas everybody what did YOU get? *grin*
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I got an Sapphire HD 3870 [Smile] , an 80gb hd for my linux box, an external hard drive case, blank dvd's, the harry potter collectors editionthingy that comes with its ow little treasure box, and Halo: Contact Harvest.

And de-odorent. ? [Confused]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a *ton* of stuff.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I received a lot more than I feel I should have, but I won't be taking anything back [Smile]

I got five of the six missing Histories of Middle Earth that I was missing. Medieval Total War II: Kingdoms, some clothes (including a cashmere sweater that I'm iffy on because I generally have bad reactions to wool, but it's nice, so I'm going to try it), a digital picture frame, the new Stephen Colbert book, "Death by Black Hole," by Neil Degrasse Tyson, and the super big illustrated edition of 1776 which is friggin awesome! It has maps, pictures, and these little insert pockets with historic recreations of maps, letters and other documents. I'm extremely excited about it! I also got some nice flannel sheets.

So in other words, mostly books (all of which I asked for!), but still a much bigger Christmas than I was expecting.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The kind of typewriter I've wanted for a long time, the big ol' black monster with round keys and a decidedly Victorian looking beast. She found a Remington #10 and managed to hide it for a month and a half while she and her brother oiled it and got everything moving again. Pic.

She also managed to surprise me with it, something that delighted her no end. Apparently I'm tough to sneak things by. It was in large unmarked cardboard box that was set in front of our tree to keep our dogs from peeing on the presents. I passed everything out and then Teres told me I should look in that box as well...

Also got a few DVDs, a folding straight razor -- is she telling me I'm old? -- and a book I'm told should arrive tomorrow. Teres got a butterfly Barbie, a book of photos from the small town in Indiana where she grew up, and a light tent I made for her eBay photography. Light tent. Sample pic.

The kids, of course, got a haul. The first two seasons of Rome. A pair of replica gladii (Roman swords). For Jamie: the first Codex Alera book by Jim Butcher. For Tony: the latest one. Assorted knick knacks. Jamie got his wish, a larger TV for his room. Tony got his a few months ago, a new Palm Pilot when his died, but we gave him several copper and brass pitchers and trays we had from our old SCA days, shined up for his own SCA use.

And Jamie chipped in his expected Christmas cash to help buy Rock Band, which both boys and our housemate have been playing for the last three hours [Smile]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"And de-odorent."

Santa is hurtful this year.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
An iPod (my first [Smile] ), His Dark Materials, illustrated Life of Pi, some other book, a knitted iPod case, money from my grandma, a day pack from REI..... pretty good year. [Smile]
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
A cold. I just called my family to cancel their coming over tonight.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, that is a sweet looking typewriter.

I got a very nice shirt, a women's travel bag set (my mother is convinced it isn't actually for women), a PSP, a couple PSP games, a cheese cutter, Band of Brothers (which I in turn gave to my old roommate, as his nearly-new copy was stolen when our apt was burgled), and a Best Buy gift card. Pretty awesome year, considering my family decided as a group to stop giving gifts to each others' kids once they're over 18.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got only one present so far (we don't do presents to each other and the kids are too young to buy us stuff, we'd be choosing our own, basically), from my in-laws-- a $100 Visa Gift Card.

That's fine by me. [Big Grin] I did get fuzzy socks in my stocking (huzzah for the dollar store.)

We're going over to my dad's where I will undoubtedly get the books I asked for and several other small things. We're not doing Christmas with my mom until next weekend because everyone is out of town.

The kids are thrilled with everything they got-- a few things from grandparents and cousins, one Santa present each, and a ton of books and videos from us (I love our thrift store.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess that since I don't celebrate Christmas, I will say what I got for Hanukkah. 50 bucks.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a new Bible with some indexing tabs, two books (Yakitate Japan, Vol.1 and The Last Days of Krypton), three video games (Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy X, and The Simpsons Game), the last two DVD sets of Seinfeld (I now have the whole series [Big Grin] ), $50 in cash, and $15 in a Barnes and Noble giftcard. A very good Christmas. Now hopefully I can find Guitar Hero III for Wii tomorrow, then it'll be truly great.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Sandworms of Dune
Invasive Procedures
FIFA 08
Gift cards

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
I guess that since I don't celebrate Christmas, I will say what I got for Hanukkah. 50 bucks.

If you're saying that in any sort of bitter way, I'd like to note that I don't celebrate Christmas either, and my family doesn't give Hanukkah presents since we're foreign and don't celebrate it the American way.

I was extremely jealous of all my friends growing up and on through high school. Especially when they all asked me what I got for Hanukkah and I had to say "nothing".

A few years ago I started giving Christmas gifts to friends(and getting some in return). It's really fun and rewarding.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Another little present I finally got all of my army pay, 400$ Yay!!! Gonna get a new power supply.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Push up cups, for doing those weird pushups you see on TV where the guys hands rotate as he rises.

Mario Galaxy, the last Juliana Theory album, new pajamas, and the mother of all gifts for me and Mrs. BB,

A new MATRESS with all the trimings. [Big Grin] I can finally sleep through the night!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Money for a GPS system from my parents, digital picture keychains from them as well....an engraved business card holder from Jenni, and an new crack pot from ourselves.

I bought JenniK a diamond accent necklace that is shaped in musical notes, and very nice Bulova dress watch, and three Disney pins, all of Dopey, her favorite.

She made out like a bandit. [Smile] As usual....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

I got some khakis and a polo from L.L. Bean, and $50. I also received a fun new girlfriend. [Razz]

"crack pot"

I didn't realize Ron Lambert or I could be gifts. [ROFL]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Push up cups

At first, I thought you were talking about some kind of bra. Which would be an odd present, indeed.

I'm glad everyone is having such a lovely day and enjoying what they got. Except for Icarus. Perhaps you can return your gift, Icky? Although I'm sure the family appreciates you not re-gifting it on to them.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an iPod shuffle from my hubby, I've been wanting one for when I go running. And a new blender, mine broke - from my mom. Also money from my mom, and a sweet new bookbag to carry all my stuff in at school and when I go on my observations. I'm not big on briefcases, but do need something fairly nice to haul stuff around in and this works great. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Perhaps you can return your gift, Icky?

It certainly would be icky. *nod*
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

"I got an iPod shuffle from my hubby, I've been wanting one for when I go running."

Do you go for a shuffle or go for a run? [Smile]

Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
This

quote:
Dear Benjamin,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Engineering at Cornell University! We are very pleased to be welcoming you to the new freshman class.

[snip]

(that one came a little early [Smile] )

Material gifts include Guitar Hero III (for the Wii), Super Mario Galaxy, A War of Gifts, First Meetings in the Enderverse, Our Dumb World: The Onion's Atlas of the Planet Earth, Train Recognition Guide (Tons of colored photos, only interesting for a railfan such as myself [Smile] ), and some much appreciated college money.

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed up all night at my sister's house wrapping presents for her kids (and we watched Knocked Up). Oh my GOSH they got so many presents, including a Wii from the grandparents and a fish tank. They're ten and eight years old and they still doggedly believe in Santa...I wonder how many years it's going to be before we all can stop putting up the charade...(I'm certain they don't ACTUALLY believe in Santa...)
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back from my dad's. I got A War of Gifts and Invasive Procedures, among other things. Jeff got a case for his laptop-- a nice, leather one with buckles the kids won't be able to get into any time soon. Emma got many things including a purple gorilla visor and frog rainboots, both of which she insisted on wearing outside to play, and Bridey got a bouncy ball that she kicked around for quite a while (and other things too.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Six nice big books (I've already devoured one), lots of clothes, lots of money, lots of food in my stomach. Alex is pleased. [Evil]

I also went through the pretense of pre-ordering Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a gift for my brother. Since we share the Wii and the games, it was more than anything a gift for myself, but hey, nothing wrong with a little indulging on Christmas.

I also got to see a lot of family, and talk (via internet phone) to some family abroad. Life is good.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
I got some khakis and a polo from L.L. Bean, and $50. I also received a fun new girlfriend. [Razz]

"crack pot"

I didn't realize Ron Lambert or I could be gifts. [ROFL]

[Evil] [Razz]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
I got quite a bit more than expected this year (we usually only get one small gift a year, two if you have a nice prayer partner). We all got a pack of Christmas cards, and a pack of cards for other occasions. We also all received a small gift certificate care of one of our donors. And this morning I found a (rather) large bag of chocolate covered pretzels and a small bag of single serving candy bars in my mail box. The best part, though, is a beautiful wall calendar that has wonderful art pieces (all religious in nature) along with a some sort of quotation for each day of the year. Though I really don't need a lot of gifts, I thoroughly enjoy the surprise of opening presents so this was a fun Christmas.

Tomorrow I go to visit my family so I might receive another small gift there.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the Sandman Box Sets, Vol 1 and 2(this was the big score!) A new dvd player since my old one is on its way out. New pj pants and some camisole tops. A bunch of dvds: Cinderella, Little Mermaid, HP5, Stranger Than Fiction, and Scrubs Season 5.

From the extended family, I got $120 in cash.

And my boyfriend got me a portable photo printer and some extra ink and paper. Its not something I would have thought to ask for, but I'm excited to get some of my digital pictures off my hard-drive and into picture frames. (I know drugstores are an option, but this is much more convenient!)

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Two blouses, three books, a diamond pendant on a chain inside a treasure box, some scented soap, a Zune, a t-shirt, a new purse, a Spode Christmas tree cake plate and server, money, a puzzle, some banana bread, cake, cookies, brownies, a soft down throw, a hand crank flashlight that never needs batteries, an heirloom VHS tape of kid vidz. That's all I can remember at the moment. I must have been a good girl this year.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

- posted      Profile for Luna 9           Edit/Delete Post 
I got an RC tarantula, Eyeclops, a pair of purple Crocs, A necklace with monkey charms(so cute), a Roboraptor, a Moon-in-my-room, a board game called Bonkers, a cute little stuffed rabbit, 2 bulging stockings, 50 bucks, a pair of Socker Boppers, a Rubik's Revolution cube, 2 souvenir Savannah, GA sweatshirts, a huge stuffed bear, and a foam mattress. Yeah, I'm a kid. [Big Grin]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
My family back in one piece.

And snow! It hasn't snowed on CHristmas in the PacNW since -- heck -- I was a wee little thing, but it snowed today!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shan:
My family back in one piece.

[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
John Grisham's Playing for Pizza. I lost interest in Grisham's new work long ago, but I made an exception for this one because of the subject, footballn (and pizza).

A new lunchbox, $25 from my parents, and a card congratulating me on the man I have become. I found it flattering, but I can't agree with it yet.

An Italian cookbook from my grandma, which I asked for, and a $100 gift card, which I will use for cooking utensils. I like Italian food and I will be cooking a dish for New Year's Eve.

A long-sleeved shirt from my other grandma, which I appreciate. She also let me borrow her car when mine died.

It looks like I'll be getting another car (or truck) sometime this week, or next, because it was the transmission that went out, and did it ever go out. The cost of fixing the transmission will be about the same as what I want to spend on another car, so I might as well junk it and see what I can get out of it.

A broken down car. Worst gift ever.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathematician
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Mathematician           Edit/Delete Post 
I received the complete papers of John Milnor (a three volume set containing some of the best written mathematics EVER), and a text book "Characteristic Classes", also by John Milnor (and Jim Stasheff), among several other (normal) books, and a few other forms of entertainment (vid games/DVDs/CDs)

*Nerd heaven*

Posts: 168 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of socks, my joy at which made me feel a bit like Dumbledore...

A UofA(rizona) sweatshirt

Gift cards.

Movies (PotC3, Pan's Labyrinth, O13, Children of Men, Robin Hood: Men in Tights)

Candy from Germany (beer-flavored gummies, apparently, I haven't cracked those open yet... and white chocolate)

A wool blanket from Scotland. My sister rocks, as she was responsible for the last two. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Threads:
This

quote:
Dear Benjamin,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Engineering at Cornell University! We are very pleased to be welcoming you to the new freshman class.

Mazel Tov! [Party]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
A watch, a bath set, and the Revolver album by the Beatles from Santa.

A gorgeous winter dress coat and gloves from my dad.

A fuzzy blanket in my living room's colors and a children's book called Zoom from Molly, who gave them to me to represent warmth and perspective. I love Molly.

Most importantly, I had...warmth and perspective for me and most of my family, which has made this the happiest Christmas since my mother died, due to sincere efforts by all. Hallelujah, and I mean that in the most sincere way possible. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zhil
Member # 10504

- posted      Profile for Zhil           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a gangsta-class chain (necklace) with an cool, large crucifix. I wouldn't mind wearing it, except Jesus is just hanging there, and I feel a little idolatrous wearing it... [Frown]

It's not like I can get it returned either. My parents gave it to me from their jewelry shop. They're more observant than me, so I don't really feel comfortable telling them that I think it's an idol.

On the up side, I got A War of Gifts, Animal Farm and 1984. I've finished reading A War of Gifts and Animal Farm, and I'm just starting on 1984. [Smile]

Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to work. The network went down. *sigh*
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I got an adorable tea kettle, two "Team Pearce" tshirts, Unreal Tournament III, a gaming mouse, pajamas, a handbag, and $50 in dollar coins. Oh, and a bottle of Riesling.

[Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBlueShadow
Member # 9718

- posted      Profile for TheBlueShadow           Edit/Delete Post 
From my Mom I got: 30gb 5G iPod to replace my iPod mini that finally died, a black and white checkered desk chair, pair of jeans, the board game Fact or Crap, socks, and the smaller items that made up my stocking: candy, hair elastics, Sour Neon Worms (a candy class of their own), a small light that's turned on and off by a magnet, and a Hemp Jewelry Kit.

She got everyone in the family both a small RC racing car and an RC stunt vehicle (that I found can survive multiple drops from above 3 feet) which we proceeded to play with immediately.

From other relatives, I managed a pair of pajamas; a 500 piece puzzle; 4 sodoku books; five dollars; this really weird set of lip balm, lip gloss, and chap stick that tastes like vanilla pepsi (it's supposed to); and a pair of gloves.

This hoodie from my brother and sister-in-law.

And a fleece robe from my Dad.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
How are the Team Pearce t shirts?

I didn't get much compared to most years. Two handmade pillowcases, a purse, some nice bath stuff, headphones, light up knitting needles, a 1/87th scale porsche and money.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
Everything I can think of having received for Christmas:

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
The Road by the same
$150 cash
$75 in check
$20 in giftcard
Lego Star Wars for the Wii
Annual Tiger Calendar
Dr. Pepper
Brain Age 2 for the DS
Lottery tickets (I lost)
Nasty Dr. Pepper flavored candy (it was flat...no, really, it tasted flat)
Some M&Ms and Snickers
IOUs (one was disguised as a photo of my girlfriend [Smile] )
Met my half-a-week old half-brother
Cherry Cheesecake (mom made it for work potluck)
Easy day at work despite it being the busiest day ever (yay, movies!)

Um, I think that's all.

Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
"And de-odorent."

Santa is hurtful this year.

hehe, in our stockings, we got those individual kleenex packs and mini bars of deodorant. It looked like my mom went last minute through her bathroom and just through stuff into stockings. at the bottom was $40. which never happens. makes me think that stuff really did come from her bathroom. hehe.

I got the His Dark Materials books, GC to a New Balance store, GC to Nike, new pair of slippers (awesome), and my parents paid to have my car serviced.

Oh yeah, i am always losing my socks. all the time. every xmas i always ask for socks. this year i didnt. as a joke, my mom found about 7 or 8 pairs of socks taht were packed away in my old closet with a bunch of other old clothes, washed them, and put them into a gift bag and put it under the treee. we all had a good laugh.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baduffer
Member # 10469

- posted      Profile for baduffer   Email baduffer         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave myself a new car. I take delivery tomorrow! :)Other than that, more than I deserve from my family.
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a ukulele!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
I got Ender's Game after five years of being a fan of it! (Before I always checked it out from the library.)
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
I got Ender's Game after five years of being a fan of it! (Before I always checked it out from the library.)

Nice!

Volcom patrol cap, a nice looking stone incense box, and DMB and Snowbird t-shirts. I bought myself Call Of Duty 4 and with my work 'bonus' I bought Battlestar Galactica: season 1 (HD) [Big Grin] .

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
I got to work. The network went down. *sigh*

I worked 14 hours yesterday. Mad Overtime!
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife bought me a Wii! Can you believe it? I don't deserve her.

I also got a great "Old Speckled Hen" fleece from my Dad and a brilliant version of theCanterbury tales from Mum.

The Toddling_Tornado bought Daddy teh new William Gibson novel. What a star (although I helpt a bit.. [Wink] )

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.