FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's a good speed to leave drydock? :D (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's a good speed to leave drydock? :D
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Who said I was trying to be funny?
I said you were trying to plagiarize humor clumsily. I honestly could care less whether or not your intent in doing so was to be funny or if, instead, you were just saying it to be an insufferable, caustic git towards Rakeesh and adfectio for disliking your epic quantity of worthless threads.

Instead of being even remotely adultlike over the subject, you instead act contrary by nature, saying that you reserve the right to make a thread 'on a whim' whether or not other people like them and without regard to them wishing you wouldn't, and then afterwards you get salty over their disapproval of your actions and talk about having zero tolerance for their 'crap.'

Watch me outpour my sympathy for how juvenile that makes you look.

And yet in all this time you keep posting in my threads.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, to be fair to Blayne, his writing started out so bad that many of us believed he was Chinese, learning English as a second language, or at least I believed this. Others insisted that he was not in his late teens but possibly under 10 years old.

To be fair to everyone else, Blayne is still immature, still cocky, still half-oblivious. His "cribbing" from some other forum or site in order to bolster his writing should indicate that he is, in his own obvious and shambling way, trying to look good in front of all of us. This doesn't excuse the plagiarism, and the idea that he would choose to do that bothers me... but I understand it, and it's something I might have done before I understood how undermining the act of plagiarism is.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And yet in all this time you keep posting in my threads.
Great non-response. I came into this thread to bust you on plagiarizing your potshots right down to the 'telling me how to do my job' part which didn't even make sense but that you unwisely phrased in anyway since you couldn't even custom-fit the line you lifted.

Besides, if you would like accuse me of any hypocrisy or any 'posting on a whim' activities, you're just taking potshots at yourself, since those are your own stuffed-shirt excuses for what you do. And of course I'm posting in your thread, since that's where your little bout of intellectual dishonesty occured.

Ta.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, you really might want to step back from the internet for a day or two and think about this. I was worried about you when I though your violent outburst was a spontaneous outpouring of rage. But you deliberately chose to use those words? You stopped to think about how to respond to criticism and thought that was the appropriate reaction?

I hope you can find some positive outlets for your emotions. Maybe you could try taking walks in the woods or exercise. Meditation or yoga might help you find your calm center. At some point, you need to do a little soul searching and ask yourself if you really want to be the kind of bitter, angry man that walks around wishing harm on others. Is this really who you want to be?

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
It's rather amusing that someone would find the above "plagiarism" to be an appropriate response in the first place. I don't think the lines used put anyone in their place, made anyone laugh, made anyone think....

I guess amusing isn't the correct term. Perhaps sad would be more precise.

Hatrack is Blayne's outlet for a certain amount of misdirected rebellious steam. He consistently defies what the community expects of him and reaps his jollies from the near certain interaction between those who recognize what he is doing and those who will defend him.

We all play into this game. In the history of Hatrack as I know it, every person who posts like Blayne (thankfully most of them matured or left after shorter time periods) has been lambasted by a certain segment of the community and defended by another constant segment of the community. As a member of the segment that does the lambasting (albeit quietly), I find fault with the folks who choose to defend. And I am sure they find fault with me.

He will continue to abuse his place here until this pattern is ended or he grows up. Unfortunately, I think we will have to wait for him to grow up since Hatrack has always shown reticence to change this particular cycle.

End Lecture. I return to my regular lurking status. [Smile]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Rascally Rwabbit.
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
That's how you respond? Hatrack asks you to be mature, for once. And you respond with "Rascally Rwabbit"? In all seriousness, I do believe my 8 year old niece could have come up with a better argument.

Yes, I'm frustrated and upset with you. But that doesn't make what I said any less true. We try to be calm and help you. From computer problems, to your resume. And what you give back ranges from sodomy jokes to cartoons that haven't had new episodes in several years.

I'm worried about you, Blayne. I don't know what your history is. I'm not sure what all is going on in your life that we don't know about. But I'm worried. I think that you should talk to someone (read: someone who's advice you might listen to) and ask them to seriously help you. You're going to have a tough time in the real world if you continue like this.

That having been said, it crosses my mind that you may actually be incredibly intelligent in the real world, and just come on here to see how aggravated you can make us.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Oh I know for a fact that I am very intelligent and well read (not Mutually Exclusive) but unfortunately I have alot of stress and anger issues, for example some random girl who knows my brother saw that I had gotten food from the food bank one day (which I was encouraged to do by the school success counselor despite my objections that poor people needed it more(i didn't object very hard)) taddled on me by telling my brother this who despite being 18 and should know better proceeds to taddle on me and inform my mom, the only good thing out of this is that since all I took was a can of SPAM my mother laughed and said I was doing poor people a favour.

And my brother still objected to this on "moral grounds" and wouldn't let it go, and has been trying to get me forcibly kicked out of the house for the last 6 months.

Someone remind me to slap that girl across the jaw next time I see her.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Blayne,
Being intelligent by itself isn't worth all that much. The problems you put on highly visible display here is that you are lazy, self-centered, and immature. You could have all the smarts in the world and those are still going to sink you.

I no longer care about helping you out. I don't think anything absent life itself slapping you around so much that you'll get knocked out of your self-obesessed little cocoon where everything is someone else's fault and wake up, but I still do care about the people who put out effort and caring trying to reach you.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I was glad to read that you have a counselor to work with, Blayne. That's great.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Then I refuse on principle to read whatever you have typed, it did happen, so you can breath a canister of carbon dioxide and never ever post in my threads, comment on my problems or complain about my problems ever again for at this moment you are dead. Go screw yourself you arrogant self indulgent piece of crap, yob tvuyo mat.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by The Flying Dracula Hair:
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Oh I know for a fact that I am very intelligent and well read (not Mutually Exclusive)

If this is in response to me, please don't mistake my post for saying that you aren't intelligent, I'm just saying the forceful way you write doesn't convince anyone.
Such as: it is a pretty obvious thing to point out the being well read and smart aren't mutually exclusive since, y'know, kinda stereotype level stuff. It just sounds like you're trying so hard to wedge some something in there.

You don't sound well read at all, you come off as dimly recalling snip-its of audio books if anything. And that's something a forum like Hatrack is good for because, not only because a lot of people write very well and you can pick up on it if you pay attention, but because it is a forum and you have time to read what you write before you post it.

ESPECIALLY if you say you have anger issues. If you feel like the only thing you can respond to a recent comment with is violence and anger: don't. Do what people are suggesting here, lean back and just chill out for a while. If that means posting back the next day, it's fine, it's a forum.

I listen as I read and type as I speak and speak as I type.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, I don't particularly care how often you post blog-threads. But I do care that you have consistently expressed violent threats or wishes over the past few days. Stop it.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Flying Dracula Hair:
quote:
Oh I know for a fact that I am very intelligent and well read (not Mutually Exclusive)

If this is in response to me, please don't mistake my post for saying that you aren't intelligent, I'm just saying the forceful way you write doesn't convince anyone.
Such as: it is a pretty obvious thing to point out the being well read and smart aren't mutually exclusive since, y'know, kinda stereotype level stuff. It just sounds like you're trying so hard to wedge some something in there.

You don't sound well read at all, you come off as dimly recalling snip-its of audio books if anything. And that's something a forum like Hatrack is good for because, not only because a lot of people write very well and you can pick up on it if you pay attention, but because it is a forum and you have time to read what you write before you post it.

ESPECIALLY if you say you have anger issues. If you feel like the only thing you can respond to a recent comment with is violence and anger: don't. Do what people are suggesting here, lean back and just chill out for a while. If that means posting back the next day, it's fine, it's a forum.

I listen as I read and type as I speak and speak as I type.
Whoops, got quote captured anyway.
If you speak the same way you write then you must sound like a fool Blayne. And it's a WALL. It can be so easily avoided. Forget about trying to learn to type better, just stop worrying trying to sound like an intellectual. You just sound immature and arrogant.

I don't understand what the first part of that sentence meant, but it didn't seem to include read what you type. If you did, you'd catch that nearly everything you say is FULL of errors. I bet it wouldn't be if you stopped trying so hard to sound a certain way.

Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second CT's comment. Blayne, it's great that you have a counselor to work with.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
Blayne, I don't particularly care how often you post blog-threads. But I do care that you have consistently expressed violent threats or wishes over the past few days. Stop it.

Seconded. I have few opinions one way or the other regarding most of this thread, but I'm getting rather disturbed over the violent posting. Enough, please.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, I'm not too particularly concerned about all of your blog-threads either. Sometimes I read them, sometimes I don't. I do think that sometimes you don't deserve the harsh responses that you often get. But seriously, you really need to get some control over your emotions and reactions. Until you get better control over how you respond to people and to the situations that you find yourself in, you are always going to have social challenges. If anything, it probably adds even more stress to your already stressful situations.

Consider, have you ever yelled something hateful at someone and then found that it actually fixed your problem and made people suddenly like you more?

Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Time-out for review. Sorry -- I've been away getting older.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.