FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Since a third Batman film seems almost inevitable... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Since a third Batman film seems almost inevitable...
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I never read Knighfall, so I don't have exposure to Azrael as "Killer Batman" - but it is possible that's why he was originally created. Though, when that plot ended, he got a 100-issue comic of his own from '95 to '03.

It wouldn't be a hard re-imagining of the character to have him as a brainwashed "crusader" against crime, or even a conditioned black-ops/mercenary/assassin who has had a psychotic break into thinking he has been called upon as a crusader for the "Order of St Dumas" (which could either be entirely imaginary, or a front for a criminal organization using him to knock of its competitors).

It wouldn't even be to far to think that someone would be put through something like "The System" to train him to eliminate Batman, throwing in a bunch of psychological conditioning and brainwashing so that he feels that he is the true Angel of Vengeance.

Though, I think a Catwoman (as master thief)/Riddler (as sociopathic serial killer, mentioned above) would be very interesting.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not only possible, it's what the then EIC of the Bat-line (and his creator) said was his purpose. [Smile]

The 100 issue comic of his comic was very self-contained. It existed in its own bubble, having little interaction with the other Batman books, even after they added "Bat" to the series sub-title. It was like a lot of 90s "spin-off spawn"...the company kept it spinning its wheels for reasons more about claiming shelf-space than actual quality of the book.

(Man, I don't miss the 90s comics scene.)

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
They need to have Bat-Mite as the next villian, just so we could see him get blown away.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be like adding a Jason Bourne-type to the Batman landscape - psychologically conditioned assassin.

Just because it wasn't done well in 92-94, doesn't mean it can't be a compelling character if rewritten.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
They need to have Bat-Mite as the next villian, just so we could see him get blown away.

Fact: Schumacher was planning to add Bat-Mite (as one of many fear-toxin-induced hallucinations) to Batman Triumphant, the never-produced fifth Batman film of the Burton/Schumacher series.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

Fact: Schumacher was planning to add Bat-Mite (as one of many fear-toxin-induced hallucinations) to Batman Triumphant, the never-produced fifth Batman film of the Burton/Schumacher series.
[Eek!] [Angst]
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as a hallucination/comic book nod, it's not the worst idea. But it wouldn't work in the new, serious Batman movies. Unless the hallucination was rather frightening and intense.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I've always wanted to read the Triumphant screenplay. Among other things, it would've featured all the villains from the previous films (including Jack Nicholson's Joker) returning in hallucinatory form via the Scarecrow's toxin, a vastly tweaked Harley Quinn (Madonna was offered the role at one point), and rumor has it that Man-Bat and the Mad Hatter were considered as well.

Schumacher has said it would've swung the series from his own candy-pop campy take back towards Burton's darkly bizarre version.

Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized that Zsasz would be a fantastic character. I don't think that he's been shown outside the comics before.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
He was a bit part in Begins - though he had a goatee and was minus hair and snazzy sunglasses.
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Johnny Depp as the Riddler? Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin?
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
NONONONONONO!! David Tennant!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they should do all in their power to dig up someone to play The Joker again.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.