FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Doctor Who News *Huge Spoiler* (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Doctor Who News *Huge Spoiler*
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
The Proms are basically big concerts. Apparently there's something special about them, because they air on tv for a week and tickets are hard to come by, but I don't get what's so special. Maybe you have to grow up with them.

Anyway, this year they ran a short Doctor Who special with David Tennant doing a pre-filmed bit "conducting" the live orchestra in the concert hall. It was called "Music of the Spheres" - probably on youtube somewhere.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see who was Who until this morning as I was out last night watching David Tennant play Hamlet - which was a wonderful surprise - the poor guy was supposed to still be off sick after back surgery, but I guess they couldn't keep him away. We gave him a standing ovation for effort. [Smile]

First impressions went something like:
- Serious cheek bones.
- He looks like he has exactly the same hair colour as Ten.
- Matt Smith ?
- I hope that this guy can play someone ancient trapped in a very young body.
- Oh, that guy. He seemed interesting in 'Ruby in the Smoke'.
- If they keep de-ageing the Doctor like this, Twelve will be about 15 and (if they carry on), Thirteen will be a hyperactive six-year-old.
- I think he might be okay. We'll see in a year's time.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think, given that they've only got one more life to play with, they're picking somebody young and relatively young so he won't mind being typecast for about six seasons. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

- If they keep de-ageing the Doctor like this, Twelve will be about 15 and (if they carry on), Thirteen will be a hyperactive six-year-old.

Doogie Howser, Time Lord!
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I am not reading this thread yet. I am just 5 episodes into season 1, but I got to say I love this show!

I did jump, at Speeds recommendation, to season 3 episode Blink.

I love finding new worthy shows!

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was out last night watching David Tennant play Hamlet
Wow, he made it back on? Wonderful!
quote:
Matt Smith?
Exactly what I thought. My 10-yr-old wondered if the Doctor would start going by Matt instead of John Smith now. I doubt it, but it would be funny.

lem, don't skip the rest of season 1. It's my favorite.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.