FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The reasons why *everyone* should carry Tabasco sauce (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The reasons why *everyone* should carry Tabasco sauce
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm perfectly calm. Like I said, you missed me by 15 years. I will stand up for myself and for others from pithy little scum bags like you who think it's roaring good fun to mock and belittle.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids, don't make me pull this thread over and give you a stern talking-to.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
... At least he's calm? [Dont Know]
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Please understand, I am 100% calm, not upset or angry when I say, I don't like you, and that you can not get a rise out of me nor hurt my feelings, despite your efforts to do so.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
I will stand up for myself and for others from pithy little scum bags like you

A portrait of composure, and a violation of the TOS as well.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

That last part is true.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Yeah it's no portrait of composure.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Are you having fun?
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Yes!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I can tell.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Good.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm left wondering-who else are you standing up for against 'pithy little scum bag' Orincoro right now? Seems his words are directed pretty much only against you.

(Orincoro might tell you himself how unlikely my agreeing he *isn't* being really mean-spirited is. Given how frequently I've thought, well, the opposite in the past. In fact, I've thought shades of 'pithy little scum bag' of him myself at other times. Not that harsh, but a difference of degree not kind. Or to be more precise, thought that of his behavior online. Just thought I'd point out this ain't a case of me getting tagged in by my old pal Orincoro-I've disagreed with him quite strongly about posting style in the past.)

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

:Executes secret hatrack scum bag handshake with old pal rakeesh:
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we talk about hot sauce now?
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright. I just tried the Blair's jalapeno sauce on an Amy's burrito. It was alright, but I prefer Tapatio. I think I'm gonna start making my own hot sauce when I move to Illinois. My old high school physics teacher used to make his own hot sauce and it was amazing.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I am reminded of the thread about the decline of message boards. I can not figure out why my brain would bring that up while I read these posts. Yeah... so hot sauce... can't stand the stuff, but good mustard is a different story all together.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Get thee oooouuuuuuuuutt!!!!
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Message boards don't decline unless you're reading the pages in reverse.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm a big fan of Franks...pretty good on chicken nuggets.
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
West Indies Creole is my favorite hot sauce. I usually buy 3-4 bottles at a time. It's got super tasty Caribbean flavor and a more than decent kick. Also, the site mohotta.com is pretty rad if you're looking for a variety of hot sauces.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
Jambalaya shouldn't include cayenne pepper.

So you say. [Razz]
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

EVerybody's gettin' all fancy on me here. Tabasco people. Simple, yet significant. It's good for any occasion. Are you gonna carry around a bottle of Rosarita del Norte or something? No. Tabasco is where it's at. And don't let the wooden caps on the imitators fool you. They have NO class.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I could probably get more complete and varied use out of carrying Sriracha than Tabasco, honestly. Not sure yet.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
I have always thought that the aroma of Tabasco is one of the truly great wonders of the world. I absolutely love to just smell the stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't care for its flavor. I much prefer the taste of Tapatio, Cholula, even Texas Pete.

Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
So, like I said, if it's delicious don't fix it. [Smile]

Good enough for me! [Smile]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

To Orincoro: While I do not appreciate your mocking me, it doesn't give me the right to call you names and I apologize for doing so.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I just don't feel like discussing the REAL intent of this thread so instead I think I will mention that I tried Texas Pete's "Hotter" Hot Sauce. I like it. All the great flavor of the original, three times the heat, which still makes it sort of middle of the road on the heat scale.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

:smack: any other takers?
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind hot food from time to time but Tabasco is gross. I always detect a nasty spoiled sour aroma when I open the bottle and it puts me right off.
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

What else do you do that's wrong?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
What else do you do that's wrong?

I think I laughed harder at that than I have at anything at Hatrack in ages.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't like any sort of hot sauce, I'm a total wimp about it.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.