FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Video Games (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Video Games
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, ACS Club — look what I just found!

http://fallout.blackisle.com/

I haven't tried it out or anything, but I find it strangely attractive ...

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey, ACS Club — look what I just found!

http://fallout.blackisle.com/

I haven't tried it out or anything, but I find it strangely attractive ...

Geez, how could I forget about Fallout? I mean, how many other post apocalyptic RPGs are there?

[ April 14, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Gottmorder ]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ah, I see slacker is a CS snob.
Pfft! I don't think I'm that much of a CS snob, I just miss the old days of CS when the colt had a sniper rifle (they STILL have yet to change the model), and you could jump to your heart's content (no, not bunny hopping).

I have to admit, I've started playing it again, and can honestly say that I've lost alot of skill, but I can still more than hold my own most of the time (unless I'm really outnumbered).

Anyone up for a round of CS? LMK what your name is and what server. I'm usually on under [TPE]Ghost (even though our clan is long dead alot of people know me by that name), or by xenos.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Gottmorder: Fallout, Fallout 2, and the original, Wasteland [Smile]

Geoff: I'll let you know at the end of the month. Right now, my Radeon 9700 Pro is choking on it, and I am tempted to stick my old Geforce2 in there until it's fixed (it's a driver issue with the radeon, causes hard lockups within 5 minutes... Some are playing okay).

I like the group-oriented nature of it; when you group, everyone one gets the full amount for killing a mob. You can go through the first 20-30 levels in a couple weekends (or a few weeks, for a casual like me). From the boards, it appears there aren't any grossly overpowered classes, which bodes well for PvP. Now, if I could just group up with some pals... Did I mention we can build full cities?

Tick, I don't know how FPS it is, from the reviews. Let us know how it goes?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I got on Planetside really quick last night...looks like they have the right ideas. I love the instant action feature. One thing I always noticed with other MMOG's I tried was the time it took to get somewhere with some action. I jumped to a base that was under attack, got killed once, respawned, and started doing some damage. I noticed that the enemy was being smart, using combined arms and numbers to try and overwhelm us. I started to unload a new clip into some more bad guys (after I figured out how to reload [Smile] ), and it promptly crashed. However, it is a beta, and I see great potential here...

slacker, I'm down for CS, when I happen to have computer time. I'm getting pretty good in a LAN environment, this Sunday I played for hours, and was actually getting more kills than deaths (even led my team to victory a few times!). Home is a different story, as I only have HL installed on my laptop. I'll try and get it on my desktop so I have access to a mouse. If I play at home, it'll probably be on WNY Server (64.8.74.205:27016) if anywhere. Usual name is TheTick or Starkiller.

[ April 15, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Planetside, the second encounter.

Okay, I log in again, armed with the knowledge gleaned from the online manual. My Terran soldier upgrades to heavier armor, grabs a chaingun, and goes for instant action again. I'm dropped near a biolab on a continent that's just been hacked by the enemy. I hack it back, and a couple others join me to guard it. We wait the 15min timer, laying the smack down on a few guys trying to stop our hack. It was only a few, though, which illustrates something the devs need to fix. You only get points for hacking something, not for stopping someone else's hack. It's more advantageous (experience point wise) to wait for the enemy's hack to finish and then hack it back than it is just stop 'em, as a role player would. It's not a big thing, and so far I'm having fun. Can't wait to log in again. [Smile]

Oh, and if anyone wants to try it out, post here. I can get you in to the open beta.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I summon the vast powers of thread resurrection!

Ahem.

I just got the 10 day trial of Shadowbane, and if anyone else is playing, what server would you recommend?

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Soldat
Super Smash Bros.
Soul Calibur
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
Sonic and Knuckles/Sonic 3 hybrid
Starcraft
Unreal Tournament
Beneath a Steel Sky

[ August 14, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.