FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is the stupidest thing you have done? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What is the stupidest thing you have done?
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
The second time I went to college...

Some friends and I started a student chapter of a professional organization in the fall semester. When Spring semester rolled around, there were new students, and we were too busy to run the club, so we had elections. The day before the election, one of the candidates told me how he felt about another one, whom I had not met, using pretty graphic language, which was definitely not complimentary. I found my Vice President chatting in the hall with some other members. Of course, I repeated verbatim what the one candidate had said about the other. Everyone stood quite still, and I noticed that a woman I didn't know was staring at me with a shocked look on her face. My friend then calmly introduced me to the subject of my statement. I said, "Oh. It's nice to meet you," and wandered off to beat myself up.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That hurt just to read. If I ever kill myself it will be because I do something like that. [Mad]

[Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] [Embarrassed] [Wall Bash]

Hobbes, the pain goes away eventually. It's been 15 years. It's not so bad, or I wouldn't have been able to post it. Well, okay, it's still bad. Not enough to off oneself over it, though.
Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
popatr
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for popatr   Email popatr         Edit/Delete Post 
One that I can think of is really simple.

My missionary comp and I had come back to the apartment for lunch or some other reason. I was really excited for some reason. So I was hopping around the apartment like I was on a pogo stick. This may have looked sufficently stupid in itself, though I deny it. The stupid part was when I happily jumped up under a partial division between rooms: probably the main support beam for the upstairs. I don't remember hitting the ground. I just remember looking at my feet near my face in not quite indian style. I was pretty close to unconsciousness again for a couple seconds.

Posts: 554 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I shared an apartment with 2 friends from HS my freshman year in college. One day, one of our friends was over and decided to use the bathroom (as in #2). We thought it would be very funny to throw a smokebomb under the door (there was a big gap at the bottom).

It was hilarious for a little while, but after the smoke cleared, we noticed the burn mark on the floor and it took weeks to get the smell out of our bathroom.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dio, that was hilarious. The story itself was okay, but the way you told it was fantastic. Very Douglas Adams-y.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dio
Member # 4866

- posted      Profile for Dio           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Noemon. I thought that rather than tell the story, I would try to show it.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
I am reminded of the time that I made my son a bunk bed. I was setting the ladder by drilling a hole from the inside out. I was putting pressure on the opposite side with my chest. The drill broke trough the wood and gave me the worst nipple-twister.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bricks-N-Sandwiches
Member # 5603

- posted      Profile for Bricks-N-Sandwiches   Email Bricks-N-Sandwiches         Edit/Delete Post 
This ones easy. I took 4 hits of black gel tab.Bought a 1/2 ounce of weed packed most of my worldly possesions into the back of my festiva and took a road trip to meet the girl of my dreams. [Wall Bash] I had met a girl online and talked with her all the time. We called each other now and then. I went down to KY and visited her and we decided we were,"IN LOVE" [Wall Bash]
I then lived with a little known band next door to a crack/Whore house...but I guess that worked out...they did not mind the bands late night practices...and the band did not complain about their late night practices. But in short I gave up two months of my life chasing a hope of a chance of a ghost of happiness...easily my worst mistake ever. [Big Grin]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
HDD, it's good you weren't working about 1.5 feet lower on the bed. [Eek!]

[ September 02, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife's response, after she knew I hadn't killed myself, was to fall on the ground laughing.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bricks-N-Sandwiches
Member # 5603

- posted      Profile for Bricks-N-Sandwiches   Email Bricks-N-Sandwiches         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife has a similar response to my misfortunes...very sympathetic. [Big Grin]
Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
A simple stupidity mistake:

I was playing in my yard with my dog and her best friend. At this time my yard was, not so much a yard as a gravel pit. We had not yet done renovations and the people before us apparently didn't use the yard much. So I'm racing both dogs to a ball that I had thrown, one dog on either side. My dog suddenly turns to nip at her best friend, and steps right in front of me in the meantime. I am running at full force, and there is no way I can prevent myself from falling, so I slam into the gravel pit, slicing up knee and hands as I do so. I have to go to the emergency room and get 5 stiches in my knee, and my thigh super-glued (Dermabond) back together. I think the worst part though was the doctor telling me that I would have bad scars on my leg from it, but since I seemed like a girl that "really didn't care about my looks" I wouldn't mind. WHAT!!!!! You NEVER say that to a 12 yr old girl! That's just traumatizing!!!!!

I now have a bad scar on my knee and thigh, and the only thing I mind is that I have a stupid story to go along w/ it.

[Grumble] stupid doctor........ [Grumble]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright...since I've somehow killed this thread, I'm going to write another stupid thing that I've just done. I love candles, so I had some burning on my desk while doing my homework *I shudder at the word*. I was bored, so i tried to blow on the flame so that it would even out the sides of the candle so they would be the same height. While doing this, however, I managed to pour hot wax all over me and my homework, and then just sat at my desk laughing @ myself instead of putting cold water on it like I should have.

I also sliced open my finger while trying to cut cheese

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch Evie... What a jerk. I still haven't done anything sufficiently stupid to mention on this thread. Go me!

(don't worry, it'll only be a matter of time...)

Edit: I was rereading the thread and I remembered the stupid thing I had done, and I was about to post it when I realized I already did.... >_> Der...

[ September 02, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

[Laugh] Evie,
That's what you get for farting while trimming your nails. [No No]

Dead. Very Dead_Horse. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.