FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack’s Lovin’ thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack’s Lovin’ thread
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::blows up thread::

::puts up a caution sign::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
And Kama, you can have him next time he visits Poland.... [Taunt]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So are we adding Flying Cow and Mack to this list any time soon???

[Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwap*

What list?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
aka's list on the first page:

quote:
So who are all the hatrack couples? I was trying to think of the complete list. Only those who met on hatrack or on a hatrack satellite site count. These are people who would not be together were it not for hatrack.

Saudade and Andrei
Brinestone and Jon Boy
Pixie and Black Fox
Leonide and Strider
Jaiden and Pod
Annie and Hobbes
dkw and Bob Scopatz

Who else? I know I'm forgetting someone!

Wow, Uncle Orson and Aunt Kristine are going to have a lot of godchildren they are responsible for bringing into the world!

And thwap away. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*innocent*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Heaven's, I would never want to discriminate against sis and Psycho Triad! They are the coolest! But if we decide hatrack couples are all couples who both post on hatrack, wouldn't that discriminate against people whose significant others refuse to post? Or those who have posted only once or twice?

I don't mind doing that, if that's going to be the convention, but then we need another name to refer to those unwitting participants in Aunt Kristine's breeding program for the kwisatz haderach, a name for couples who would not be together if it weren't for hatrack. And a name for the kids who will be coming along with double hatrack genes. I'm really looking forward to meeting those! I expect they are going to be something else! [Smile]

[ March 07, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: aka ]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
if they both post, they both have hatrack genes reguardless of where they met. i don't know why you're so eager to exclude people from the club.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

*Bumped to announce the union of Ophelia and Ben.*
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that any couple who both posts is a "hatrack couple".

I do think we should come up with a different word to describe the folks who met here though, if only to make it easier to talk about them (us [Big Grin] ).

Any ideas?

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Val! Really! That's kinda private, neh? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think so -- I'm not exactly in the Hatrack gossip loop and I already knew about it. For that matter, I think it was a post from Ophelia that told me...
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Roll Eyes] I was commenting on Val's word choice . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
And here we have a perfect example of how too much exposure to blatant sexual content ruins the capacity to recognize subtle innuendo. [Big Grin]

Not that it was really all that subtle.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Right, because it's already been established -- repeatedly -- that I don't do subtle. [Big Grin]
Lalo
Member # 3772

quote:
I was commenting on Val's word choice . . .
So was I...

Specifically, that post in which she kept moaning out Ben's name.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Eddie, with all due respect, Val deserves more respect than that.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Speaking as Val's SO, she really won't mind Nathan [Smile] .

She is quite fond of Eddie actually, and would most likely laugh or say something funny in return.

She's awesome that way [Big Grin] .

Edit: She does deserve all the respect in the world in the world, but would not feel disrespected by Eddie (or at least I am 99.9% sure).

[ March 21, 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::tips hat and backs away::

Ok. [Smile]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking as a WOMAN, I demand ALL respect. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Thanks for looking out for her though T [Smile] .

[Hat]

[ March 21, 2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
T, you're wonderful.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Actually, if anything, you should be defending Ophelia's honor, not Val's. In context:

quote:
Valentine014:

*Bumped to announce the union of Ophelia and Ben.*

quote:
rivka:

Val! Really! That's kinda private, neh?

quote:
Lalo:

I don't think so -- I'm not exactly in the Hatrack gossip loop and I already knew about it. For that matter, I think it was a post from Ophelia that told me...

quote:
Rivka:

quote:
dkw:

And here we have a perfect example of how too much exposure to blatant sexual content ruins the capacity to recognize subtle innuendo.

Not that it was really all that subtle.

quote:
Lalo:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So was I...

Specifically, that post in which she kept moaning out Ben's name.

Rivka's pun was Niki's choice of the word "union" when describing Ben and Ophelia's relationship. My feeble attempt to compensate for my former mistake was joking that I've known all along, and was pretended the post I had formerly referred to was one in which Ophelia was moaning.

It's okay, Sweetcheeks, I don't keep you around for the globes of your brain...

Heh, jesus, like I would say that Niki moans Ben's name. Give her SOME credit, dude.

I'd hope she moans out my name...

Lalo
Member # 3772

quote:
Speaking as Val's SO, she really won't mind Nathan .

She is quite fond of Eddie actually, and would most likely laugh or say something funny in return.

And yeah, there's really no accounting for some people's taste...
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You're right, Eddie. My mistake.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

*moans*

OH EDDIE!!!

Lalo
Member # 3772

Ah, a woman of little taste and low standards...

We were born for each other, baby...

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come now, Anne Kate, let's not play any more games... we all know that the breeding program has already reached its culmination and that I'm the kwisatz haderach.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*blink* You're the speeding up of the journey, twinky? Huh?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Cough* I did not expect this to result from my thread...

Annie is the most beautiful, smart, attractive, and generally kind women in the world! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
ahem.

well SOMEBODY better start moaning out my name!

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
"women"

she's more than one?

[Confused]

[Razz]

(Edited to add: BEN!!!! [No No] CT already scolded you once! Does she need to do so again. Tsk, tsk, tsk)

[ March 21, 2004, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

*moans*

BEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Phil really knows how to get my tail wagging.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop cheating on me Lalo!!!

[Mad]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.