FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack’s Lovin’ thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack’s Lovin’ thread
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Good girl, Rivka! I know that must've been difficult, seeing that I'm staying at your house in June.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was tempted to claim that it was ME. [Evil]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
lissande and me [Smile] Not sure this really counts though, since lissande introduced me to hatrack.
Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, a few people knew before this thread [Big Grin] .

When I saw you in the thread I knew you would guess it Jeni. You know me far to well.

But now I am glad its out completely, as some of you may know, I can't keep secrets from hatrack. I get to brag all I want now [Wink] .

Anyway, time to take my name off the Matchmaker list...

[Kiss] Niki

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Oh and I must say Hobbes, do you remember Jettboy?

That guy wasn't capable of humor, so I wonder about him romantically.

And why did you skip me? [Frown]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Xav - he was actually married, to another Hatracker.

I actually sort of miss Jettboy. He was always a bit grouchy in his later posts, but when I first started visiting Hatrack I remember him being pretty cool.

[ March 03, 2004, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Xav.....

does our love need to die?

[Frown]

[ March 03, 2004, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm feelin' the love here.... HATRACK MASS WEDDING!!!

...I claim Hot Nathan. [Evil]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Xav and Val! That's so cool! I was there the night it happened! (Wasn't I?) Or at least the night ... at the time it seemed like a joke. I guess maybe it got real later on or something? Wow, this is so cool! I'm really glad for you guys! (So who was the person we were all trying to guess that night? Is it okay for Ben to tell me now? Oh, I'm so confused!)
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

Couples who met outside hatrack don't count as hatrack couples, even if both of them post. Only people who would not have met if hatrack did not exist.

Couples who haven't yet met in person of course count! What does that matter? <laughs>

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh and I must say Hobbes, do you remember Jettboy?

That guy wasn't capable of humor, so I wonder about him romantically.

If I remember right, Jettboy got married shortly before his posting to Hatrack slowed.

He WAS engaged anyway.

There's someone for everyone.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

kwsni, did you and Psycho Triad meet each other on hatrack? Or is he here because of you?
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
Xav and Val! That's so cool! I was there the night it happened! (Wasn't I?)
Yes you were [Smile] .

quote:
Or at least the night ... at the time it seemed like a joke. I guess maybe it got real later on or something?
Yep [Smile] . Actually I was interested in Val because from a previous chat I knew she had a very similar taste in music (and later found out its so close its scary). So when I kept saying the mystery guy was me, I was sort of trying to plant a seed. Mostly joking though [Wink] We ending up chatting that night and...

quote:
Wow, this is so cool! I'm really glad for you guys! (So who was the person we were all trying to guess that night? Is it okay for Ben to tell me now? Oh, I'm so confused!)
Thank you [Big Grin] . Oh and about that guy, you'll have to ask her if its okay. Non-issue now anyway.
Xavier
Member # 405

Oh and sorry I missed you in chat aka! I see you are still up posting though [Smile] .

quote:
Xav.....

does our love need to die?

I don't see why Kama. Val seems okay with the harem idea [Wink] .

Edit: And so as to not post several times in a row, I'm actually glad Jettboy found someone. Maybe she'll even teach him how to laugh [ROFL] .

[ March 03, 2004, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Xav, from the quality pickup lines I've seen you use, I'm surprised you still have any teeth. [Wink]

But, apparently you had a couple good ones up your sleeve.

As for me, I'm pretty sure Kama's gonna fall victim to my trademark charm this August.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
aka, i think you're being overly strict in your definition. and i can't believe you're trying to strip ni! and psycho of that title. the two of them are such a part of the hatrack experience that i don't think it matters.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting that no one guessed me in as a "late-99, non-fluffer"...

But that's the way Val and I like it.

Isn't that right, shnookums?

[Wink]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great you guys! [Big Grin] [Group Hug]

I just started in December for posters so... that's why everyone got skipped. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not technically Hatrack love since the other part doesn't belong here, but still...
Vincent, I love you and I'm so happy to become your wife !
[Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the way Hobbes and Annie talk about each other, although it's about five posts and one shared thread away from Bennifer. But the little adoring asides are sweet.

How long did Dana and Bob date before telling us? I suspect there's more adoration floating around Hatrack than is dreamt of in this public philosophy.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Katharina, I love you!

Hannie... or should it be Abbes?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Honnie? [Razz]

"Honnie is coming to jatrakamacon."

"Honnie's Photoshop Phriday is up."

"Honnie liked the movie, but I thought it was too saccharine."

[ March 03, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Japanese Aside:
Annie is gorgeous
My life and my one true love
Perfect together

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Four posts to go.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
aka- dkw and Bob?

Okay, OKAY, so it's been a while since I saw Dana's thread.

[ March 03, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Ohh come now Kat, you know that if you were dating someone as brilliant, kind, good looking, and just generally lovable as Annie you would spend as much time as possible talking about them.

Hobbes [Smile]

imogen
Member # 5485

Definately Honnie.

So when you are getting Annie a ridiculously big Harry Winston diamond, Hobbes?

I expect to read all about it in the magazines...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

When my salary goes up from 0$ a month to 2,000,000$ a month. Or more likely, when Annie's salary goes up to that, seeing as how her brilliance makes her far more likely to get that type of income than my lack thereof.

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not Bennifer!

*aghast*

Besides, Hobbesy is way cuter than Ben Affleck. [Wink]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Are you saying I have to buy my own ring? *pout*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

If you want a Harry Winston diamond then probably. That'd be silly though, all that money and it would still look shabby and drab compared to you.

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

awwwwwwww [Smile]
imogen
Member # 5485

Only 1 post away from official Bennifer status...

Though Hobbes' last post did make me grin.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
The plus side of all this lovey-dovey schtuff from the two of them is that it's going to make watching the messy, horrible breakup that much funner to watch.

Annie will probably go completely Goth and start painting her pain and listen to NiN. Her pictures will all feature black and white "tiger stripes" writing in some sort of metaphorical anguish and she'll write poetry about the death she longs for but isn't brave enough to commit to.

Hobbes, on the other hand, will start hitting the bottle with his engineering friends and will become a regular on the "Drunken Posting" thread on Grenme where he'll ramble about how spiteful all women are and will regale us all with stories of waking up in a pool of his own vomit with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a puke-stained copy of The Book of Mormon in the other.

Any other theories?

Edit: Two/too problems

[ March 03, 2004, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they could marry each other and live happily ever after. That's what I wish for them, anyway.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Moot, but mildly amusing, Bob. [Wink]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but come on Anna, happily ever after has been *done*.

How about this. Hobbes' rejection of Annie leaves her shattered and so self-doubting of her femininity that she, in a sudden reversal of her previous moral stances, starts being a regular nude model for the other artists at her school in the hopes of finding the woman inside her once again. Finding the nude model business to be cold and distant from the sexuality she craves it naturally leads itself to strip jobs and lap dances that leave her feeling still more hollow to the core, but she has become so focused on outside acknowledgement of her appearance that she finds she can't live without the leers and lewd comments. This absolute lack of self esteem finds her turning to chemicals for feelings of happiness and the crack addiction becomes worse and worse over the coming years. Fortunately Hatrack still stands behind Annie, our resident crack whore.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
How long has Hobbie or Honnie or whatever been together, anyway?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I think it's more likely that Annie would just get a cat.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
if you were dating someone as brilliant, kind, good looking, and just generally lovable as Annie you would spend as much time as possible talking about them.
This is entirely probable, but good heavens, not in public. I'll bet my best friend would start practicing the patient, indulgent smile though. Poor girl.

[ March 03, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Well that's why I created a private thread for it, I just forgot to lock the door.

Hobbes [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

I do love the cute little comments, though. I think Bennifer only happens when it changes from not-caring-what-anyone-thinks-I-can't-NOT-comment-on-my-sweetheart's-adorablenss to aren't-we-so-cute?

You're not quite at the latter, so you're okay. If you ever find yourself not posting it, it's okay. [Smile] We (and Annie) know you still care.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

The thing is, it seems like you no longer have anything to talk about other the sheer perfection of the other. You guys were a lot more interesting before you started dating.
Hobbes
Member # 433

If that's what you think Bob, I don't think you've been paying attention. [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

[Razz]

But at least I can still poke fun at both of you.

Still, fact remains. Hobbes' thoughts about religion == interesting. It's interesting to see how they develop and where your taking them. They also invite some sort of discussion. Drivel about Annie, less interesting. It's always the same and there isn't a whole lot that anyone can say about it. Look at sakeriver and tiger kisses, it's a pretty effective way to kill conversation.

Hobbes
Member # 433

Actually Bob, I'm just surprised your reading a thread you had to know would be what this is. All the way through the second page no less!

Besides which, sakeriver had life breathed into it via tiger kisses and you know it. [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

Ok, Bob, you and I have an appointment to talk about the anaolgy of paternal authority for the State and arguments on the supremacy of the father in the politcal writings of Rousseau. I've constructed a pretty ambitious argument that he does more to empower the 18th century French woman than to oppress her.

Then, we can talk about the legacy of salic law and the direct corrolation between its use as a justification for patrilineal monarchy in the 15th century due to the influence of scholars like Jean de Montreuil and the contemporaneous writings of Christine de Pizan and her stance on female autonomy.

Then, when we're done, let's talk about the constitutionality of gay marriages being performed by local authority while in direct conflict with state law.

Oops - but this is all way out of place here. This is the lovin' thread!

[Kiss] kisses all around! [Kiss]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

*looks around*

What am I doing in here anyway?
I concede, it's a slow day at work and I'm getting desperate for reading material. This time it's my own fault.

I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time.
*Mwa ha ha ha*
*merowr*

Edit: Annie, I'm sorry to say that it'd be a terribly one-sided conversation. But that isn't to say that I wouldn't be interested. I followed your previous threads on the role of women in art with a lot of interest and I'd be thrilled to read more on the subject. Maybe this time I'd even add my own (however uneducated) thoughts to the conversation. I really to like you two, and I really have enjoyed reading your threads, certainly many have been far more interesting and soul-searching than anything I've ever offered Hatrack. Perhaps that's why I'm giving you two such a hard time.

I promise to back off now.

[ March 03, 2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
Has no one mentioned the Notorious Shira and I?
[Big Grin] [Kiss]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob:
quote:
Annie will probably go completely Goth and start painting her pain and listen to NiN.
Xavier:
quote:
Yep . Actually I was interested in Val because from a previous chat I knew she had a very similar taste in music (and later found out its so close its scary).
Bob, I'll give you three guesses as to which musical group Xavier is talking about there.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.