FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - attendance roster (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: WenchCon - attendance roster
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's fine with me. As long as I can still have a cake. (I'll even get one from a kosher bakery.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested in attending wench con if anyone is driving down from the indiana area and wants a passenger, otherwise I think I'm out. Yes I would be sharing a room, even a bed, heck the floor or couch.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That would be funny, kat. But I'll pick you up at the airport. It's only about 5 miles from my house. So no need to worry about shuttles. [Wink]

:marks Memorial Day weekend on calendar:

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben told me on the phone that there was serious support for MLK weekend, so I was cool with it even though it seemed soon.

But I hate to be exclusionary. The first weekend in March would work equally well for me. Who would that exclude? Ela and JaneX? Or could you maybe still make it? I'm going to be in Boynton Beach for Christmas, and I think I have your numbers. I'll give you a call.

I put in a call to the hotel, but couldn't get anybody in the bookings dept. I left a message.

I would also be willing to host two this year just to make everybody happy. I'll see when I can get the best rates. Maybe on MLK or March 6 and one in August?

I'd have planned this sooner, but honestly, life was kicking my @ss this year. My mom dying and having to make trips to sort through all stuff, plus the editing thing with the strangely irresponsible Martial arts people... I just didn't think about it. [Frown]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Olivia, it's okay. I'm so sorry - I never, ever meant to add stress to you. If MLK is the weekend that works for you, that's fine. I wish I could make it, but oh my goodness, I don't want you to feel like you HAVE to do this, just to make everyone happy. I know you have had a crazy year, and I don't want you to do anything that's inconveniencing for you.

Lots of people have mentioned getting together in Dallas in May. I personally hate planning (the gift exchange about stretched my powers for it), but other people have offered and I think that would be fun. Kama has mentioned coming to the U.S. again in August, so I think where ever she goes will have something too.

Don't worry about it - MLK is fine. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

(ppsssssst. You'll never make everyone happy. It's impossible. Please don't kill yourself trying. We know you've had a stressful year. Do what works best for you. And if you end up feeling like doing it again in August, we'll have fun then, too.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You are so awesome, Olivia. I'm sorry I was grumpy.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And Katie, I'm happy to plan DallasCon, as long as the date works for the people actually living in Dallas who want to come.
katharina
Member # 827

Memorial weekend is good with me. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Cool. [Smile]

I'll get on the planning some time next year. [Wink]

[ December 13, 2004, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm checking with the Wingate to see when we can get the best deal, and I'll let that be the deciding factor.

Has Jenny G stated when she could make it? I was hoping to have her be the planner of events, since she's so good at planning and being being bossy [Wink] Without her, I don't think a WenchCon could work.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, JennyG hasn't commented on the thread at all - the new job and whatnot is demanding.

As for my arbitrarily deciding MLK, I couldn't get a good weekend that fit everyone and I only got three emails from people apprising me of their availability.

That said, nothing prevents us from doing a clump (my vocabulary expands daily - as did my co-workers' when I skimmed the two extra pages of this thread [Big Grin] ) and consider the possibility of a more grandiose Con later in the year.

For what it's worth, I wasn't actively trying to exclude anyone and while I was concerned about aiming for January or February as being amazingly short notice, there were several people who could fit MLK into their plans.

However, if people would like to start posting their availability for a Summer Con, say June through August, we can gauge the interest for that.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you REALLY want a Con in the south during July or August?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I think...that with one planned in Atlanta for January, in Minneapolis for February, Iowa for April, and Dallas for May, there's enough to worry about at the moment. [Razz]
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm used to the heat, more or less.

But since most of the discussion has involved holding up in a ballroom and watching anime, fencing, playing RPGs and quoting endless renditions of LotR jokes, I don't think the heat will be a particular concern. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I know. I'm just remembering the warm, sultry summers of Georgia from when I lived there. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Sure, but after the May be Dallas Con, I don't want to run into the last minute crunches again.

But as you say, people probably wouldn't be interested, but for those of you social butterflies and you know who you are, idle question.

-Trevor

Edit: Replying to Kat

[ December 13, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

You say sultry like it's a bad thing, Mac. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

mackillian
Member # 586

Just for me. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Even though I know T is a boy, I totally heard that last line in a Mae West voice. Or maybe Marlena Dietrich. (Which I have no idea how to spell, and I'm too lazy to look it up.)
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, summer in the northeast isn't that bad. FYI. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know El, you've never actually heard me in person.

For all you know, I could sound like either. [Taunt]

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

I wasn't gonna say it.
mackillian
Member # 586

Summer in the Northeast isn't bad at all. Except when it's humid. Ugh.

Tick, a friend of mine was considering moving to Buffalo to attend grad school at Buffalo State.

I kept yelling at her that it's BUFFALO.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Oh, I've heard you! I think you could do a passable Mae West with enough alcohol, perhaps. [Big Grin]

Is there a date for sure now? If so...what is it?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
Mac-
Buffalo is a great place. Look no snow yet and it's December! Buffalo State is good for everything except Education. I went there and we only live a few blocks from it.
-Jennifer

Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

She wants to do Criminal Justice (I have no idea why).

I WANT SNOW.

[Mad]

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the calm before the storm, no pun intended.

"No snow today. Snow tomorrow. There's always a snow tomorrow."

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not sure anymore. i think olivia is leaving it up to the hotel. but i think its gonna be MLK. once again, i am only a grunt.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"If people would like a SummerCon, say June through August..."
Yeah, I love HR and conventions and all, but after the first couple of weeks I think a con would get boring. [Razz]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

We're waiting on Olive's final verdict, but our tenative date is MLK weekend.

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

I can do "Rich Southern", but I don't believe I've ever had enough liquor to voice Mae West.

The next time I visit, Megan, we can get Jim to pour legitimate drinks and put it to the test. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Megan
Member # 5290

Ok, forgive me for being lazy, but what specific date is that?

Oh, what, the Mongolian wasn't legitimate? [Evil]

[ December 13, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

January 15-17. [Taunt]

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

Anything that can melt paint from walls at a distance does not count as a legitimate drink. [Taunt]

I wasn't entirely sure I'd make it to the kitchen sink. [Razz]

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

Oh, I think I'm on the track to a good queso cheese dip recipe.

I'll know more tonight.

-Trevor

Megan
Member # 5290

Oh, January. I definitely will not be there then. [Razz] The originally suggested date of Mar. 12 actually fell on IU's spring break.

le sigh. [Grumble]

Megan
Member # 5290

mmmm...queso...not that I can eat it anymore, mind you.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Yes well, I've given up working on my girlish figure. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Megan
Member # 5290

Yes, well, on that note, I'm leaving. Time to go home! Yay! [Wave]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Laters - drive safely. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan, you go to IU? I was there last weekend.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
CM we could have had this huge hatrack gathering if you said you were going to be in Bloomington, what were you here for? (lives there)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders how CM has completely neglected the large number of hatrackers in bloomington*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
hey, when this is all done and set in stone and whatnot, i would love to see if we cannot get a group to Dad's Garage. i tried this last year without much success, i was the new guy bringing the new idea plus things were already planned. but it would be fun to get a group together for this.

just a thought.

that is all.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.