FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official Underrated Movies Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Official Underrated Movies Thread
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (cause I'm too lazy to reread the whole thread), but I loved A League Of Their Own.

Tom Hanks deserved an Oscar for that movie, he was hilarious. Jon Lovitz was excellent as well.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
School of Rock
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Treason:
(Helloooo hottie with a scar, i love scars)

Yeah, me too. Always have. They remind me of Pirates.

My husband not only has scars, but also a sunken chest. Talk about hottie!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wordman
Member # 1307

- posted      Profile for wordman           Edit/Delete Post 
Pieces of April We picked this one up almost at random at the video store on a supply-met-demand weekend. April, the black sheep of the family, hosts Thanksgiving in her small New York apartment. She and her boyfriend jump through numerous comedies of error, while her family, driving in from out of state, reminisces about the good (almost none) and the bad (lots of examples) of their daughter, sister, and granddaughter April, trying to convince themselves that celebrating Thanksgiving with April is a good idea.

The movie has B- and C-list actors (and some from lists even further along the alphabet) who give some terrific performances. Shot very simply, the film is suprisingly touching and outshines all other Thanksgiving Day movies, such as Home for the Holidays.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.