FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Democrat vs Republican (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Democrat vs Republican
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of R ratings, I was really surprised that North Country was rated R (I watched it last night).

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
*wonders about Jeesh's claim that she has a life*

Trust me, I have a life, unlike you.
Well, roar, someone is feisty. I never claimed that I do, but think you should apologize for that statement.

I do have a life though; lives are good.

Mine: If you took that offensively Jeesh, I apologize to you. [Smile]

Sorry, the 6th grade side of me said that. [Laugh]

No need to appologize.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we going to have to seperate you two kids?
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

Nah, just give us some light sabers...

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just saying that people need to leave the warfighting to the warfighters and to stop coming up with reasons we should do things with insufficiant information.

I agree. That's why I was so concerned four years ago when military leaders were advising against the tactics suggested for the Iraq war as insufficient. From 2002:

"Much of the senior uniformed military, with the notable exception of some top Air Force and Marine generals, opposes going to war anytime soon, a stance that is provoking frustration among civilian officials in the Pentagon and in the White House. In addition, some suspect that Powell's stance has produced an unusual alliance between the State Department and the uniformed side of the Pentagon, elements of the government that more often seem to oppose each other in foreign policy debates."

This was not a war planned by seasoned military professionals. It was a war planned by politicians.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.