FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Today in American Religion Class: Latter Day Saints! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Today in American Religion Class: Latter Day Saints!
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
What pot?
[Wink]

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
What pot?
[Wink]

I've never needed a pot in the past either.

This is about the limit of BlackBlade's crudeness when on a forum.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not about how you get the girls into the pot, it's how you get the pot into the girls.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure, tell 'em it's oregano?

You know, reading this thread has given me an inexplicable desire to read Jonathan Swift. [Dont Know] How odd.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
It's not about how you get the girls into the pot, it's how you get the pot into the girls.

Brownies. Chocolate flavored baby!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
You just put a device that displays facebook into the pot, and the girls wait in line to jump in.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not too hard to believe in ritual cannibalism, as the idea seems pervasive in our culture as well. Erstwhile poster Paul once told me that if I killed and ate the people around me I would gain their powers. (He has a sick sense of humor, as some may remember.) I think the idea may have turned up in various superhero type stories, as well as folk tales of different places. There's a sense in that we Christians partake of Christ's nature when we symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood. It's not too hard to imagine people doing the same for their beloved departed ones.

Of course cannibalism of people who are already dead in order to ward off starvation doesn't even count as cannibalism in my book. That's just plain good sense. Taboos like that aren't meant for life and death situations. But any time you eat human flesh it should be only from people who didn't die of disease, of course, preferably those who starved to death themselves or else froze, or died of impact (in the case of an Andes plane crash). And human flesh should be cooked very very well, if at all possible.

If many cultures eschewed pork because there are several diseases we share with pigs, and it's not safe to eat unless extremely well-cooked, then what of humans, who share ALL our diseases? Definitely it makes sense to choose carefully the youngest and healthiest, and cook thoroughly, in the extreme event that anthropophagism becomes necessary. And you heard that on hatrack, the source of much wisdom of an arcane nature, don't forget!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad Sylar already said that he doesn't eat brains, otherwise he could gain Christ's power by taking part in Communion.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Too bad Sylar already said that he doesn't eat brains, otherwise he could gain Christ's power by taking part in Communion.

[ROFL]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Tatiana, is there a website that lists ALL of the conditions when it's OK to eat human flesh?
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.