FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Look What I Got First Thing This Morning -- Before My Coffee, Even!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Look What I Got First Thing This Morning -- Before My Coffee, Even!!!
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
Good gravy. Of all the things to start a flame war...

*sigh*

And here I thought I was just posting a lighthearted joke, that frankly I thought poked fun at folks across the political spectrum, and really, the whole dang season itself.

[Cry]

I flunked funny. Sort of like the Roman soldier who flunked flank.

(If you get the reference, I'll send you cookies. First winner only.) [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
So really, this is all *your* fault. Well, what a relief. [Kiss] Thanks for taking the blame.

Marcus Vindictus and captain mucus, History of the World Part 1. I like Peanut Butter Cookies. But the postage to CZ might be pricey...

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

That movie is a hoot. Talk about raunchy humor. I wish MB would have done Part 2 . . .

Peanut butter, it is. E-mail your address. I'll make 'em and send 'em this weekend.

I am a passable cook. There are few Jatraqueros who have sampled my cooking, and they are still alive. *grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Nono, Shan I can't ask you to send me anything. Thanks for the offer, but honestly the postage to the Czech republic would be expensive for cookies.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Well, here -- have a virtual PB cookie.

Cheerio!

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
She could send 'em by boat. That probably wouldn't be prohibitively expensive.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

They still send things by boat?
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I got curious and checked. 2 lbs of cookies would cost $16.90 to send standard mail.

</OCD>

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They still send things by boat?
Indeed. How do you think people with relatives abroad send presents without paying the earth?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Carrier pigeon, perhaps? *grin*
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
That is more likely than you think, actually. The last time I sent my parents a present, the chocolates had been nibbled when they arrived. Presumably by the carrier pigeons, fortifying themselves for the Atlantic.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Perhaps it was an *African* swallow?
Shan
Member # 4550

Goodness -- I hope pigeons don't react to chocolate the way dogs do . . .
Orincoro
Member # 8854

The cookies would be peanut butter. Logically then, you should employ a flying elephant.
Shan
Member # 4550

Yes, the cookies would be peanut butter. However, KoM was talking about nibbled-on chocolates. I was worrying about his carrier pigeons, not ours. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.