FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2011 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2011
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling I'm going to wish I'd played Stafford over Brees after all. Oy.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
5 and a half min and Rodgers has zero points!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Correction: he has -2 points!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pss from Rees....looks like a good cal to.me, Lyr! Lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Hey Kwea, me and Lyr are chatting on face book...do you have a face book account and care to join?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Are we not allowed to make waiver pickups for guys who haven't played yet?

They just announced that Brandon Lloyd is out for the week, and I wanted to pick up Davonne Bess at the last minute to replace him. Otherwise I'm just screwed.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

So I think the Stapling Warriors have me...I'm up by 14.32 but his QB (Matt Ryan) has yet to play (we both have one D player who haven't played).
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I haven't checked the score in a bit, but I'm pretty sure I got crushed.

On the bright side, I won in both my other leagues!

Edit to add: I hope!

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Lyr, Nicks and Hixon have to make up - at minimum - 41 points right now. This may change, since I've got DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy going right now.

[Razz]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Hixon is more likely to lose points than gain them, I got a little hosed by a last minute injury there, unless Nicks is out...but that hardly helps me. [Frown]

Nah, I'm done this week. Went up against a powerhouse and lost. Good game.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I loose too. Good game.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of monster defensive days with Tom Brady throwing an absurd number of yards (again) and Vincent Jackson almost literally running amok downfield does provide a crapload of points.

I was worried going into this game. Good game, Lyr!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It was a banner day. Your defense put up just monster numbers across the board.

I have to say, when I started to see Vjax go crazy, I was actually cheering because I have him in my pay league, and I was way behind. Vaulted me ahead to victory there. It was only later I realized I was playing AGAINST him in both my other leagues. You crushed me. I still beat the other guy. [Smile]

And if I ever hear anyone use the phrase "team to beat" in reference to my team again, I'll end you. I swear it's the kiss of death. I'm 0-2. [Frown]

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm so confused...I thought I had already lost, but now I'm up again by half a point (with Stripling Warriors still having one defensive player to play tonight). When I went to bed last night I was down by 2 points but whamo, I wake up and I'm up.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They do scoring fixes and changes overnight and add the corrections while you sleep.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

So the football fairy came while I was sleeping and slipped some false hope under my pillow?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That's what the football fairy does.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Damn her winged hide!
Kwea
Member # 2199

His. Haven't you sen the commercals?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They're pretty funny. I like the ones with the tiny coach too.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Had I started Moss or Gonzo I would have won...took a big risk on the rook out of GB and he did not deliver! I lost by less then 3 points.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Good game, Jim-Me!
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it was... Eli just couldn't put enough points up to pull me through.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Why on earth is Felix Jones on the can't cut list?
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It's because the football gods hate you.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Probably because he has a lock on most of the touches. I guess they don't base things on skill.

To stat the season my ENTIRE lineup was on the can't cut list, and half of them didn't really deserve it.

Yahoo always has a far more dramatic can't cut list than ESPN does.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
It's because the football gods hate you.

True... I have a team with Romo,Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Antonio Gates, and the Baltimore Defense.

They are 0-2.

It's six man league,but still! I have the second most points in the league, but am 0-2

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Stupid Vikings!

First half lead:

Game 1: 10
Game 2: 17
Game 3: 20

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Never count out Detroit. =) We're used to coming back from behind. Way behind.

Lions and Tigers...oh my.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

StatTracker not working for anyone else?

Also, I don't blame the Lion's skill...I blame the Vikings...well, being the Vikings.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well gee thanks!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

See my first post.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

See my second post!

The Viks might be good at coughing it up, but the Lions are a juggernaut this year. Give us SOME credit!

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Zero points in the first half? The Lions are not as god awful as in past years, they are quite decent in fact, but happen to be in a very competitive division, but I'm sorry to say that the deciding factor (considering the first half) was the Vikes, and in classic Vikings style we drew our gun, aimed and shot ourselves right in the foot.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My thoughts are summed up starting at the 1:20 mark.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Dude! That was belabored!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Best example I could think of to show a backhanded show of appreciation.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Wow! 49 points from ARod, 17 points from Brady. Did not see that coming.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ugh, what a terrible week across the board for all my teams.

I thought I was on to something in my other league when I picked up Stevan Ridley, but my wideouts played like garbage. Oh well, there's always next week.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Wow, the start of the bye weeks...could prove to be interesting...I will keep my eyes open for the good players you guys have to drop.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Lyr...26.6 points from AP in the half...nice!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Lyrhawn, sorry about your loss, it was SO close...maybe corrections will win the day. At least your Lion's are still undefeated...and hey, my Viks finally got a W.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Alas. Maybe the score correcting gods will give it to me in the morning, but either way, I'm MUCH more pleased about the Lions than I am sad about losing. [Smile]

Now if I can just get the Tigers to win a game. Detroit's big cats are on the prowl.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Wow...great game. just not for me. Who would have thought Rice, Crosby AND Welker would disappear in the semi's?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Two close games there! I always feel better when I lose knowing there's almost no guys I could have played from my bench to make it better. Just wasn't in the cards, but I put up a fight! Brees picked my team up on his back and carried us, but couldn't quite get us there.

On the bright side, I won my pay league game, and I'm on my way to the finals! If I had to choose, I think would rather win the pay league game. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

That sucked. No other word for it.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Want to talk about suck? How about the #3 RB breaking his ankle in the first quarter of his game and you go from first place by three games to having to fight for fifth by a margin of 2.5 points?
Kwea
Member # 2199

There were still plenty of quality backs left, you know. [Big Grin]

I had 4 of them. [Big Grin]

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Yea, I had a great one on my bench, but since Murray played (and got me 3 pts) before breaking his ankle, I was stuck with him.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I hear ya...I had Torry and Lynch on my bench.... either one would have helped me to the finals.

Looks like Stripling Warriors would have beaten me this week anyways though. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.