FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alyssa Rosenberg really hates Orson Scott Card (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Alyssa Rosenberg really hates Orson Scott Card
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by umberhulk:
Hoffman kills it in that movie. If Achilles (ender's shadow) ever lived to be 30+ years old, you could totally have hoffman play him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLNUIU7AzTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMz-skgeUdw

I absolutely agree with you there. I have never thought of it before but now that you mention it, I could definitely see Hoffman as an older Achilles.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
as for the question of who wrote Ender's Game the movie, the answer so far is: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, credited as the Creative Producers and probably are the primary writers of the script that went into production.

(you may know Orci and Kurtzman as writers of movies such as Transformers, Transformers II: Revenge of the Fallen, Cowboys and Aliens, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Eagle Eye, 2005's The Legend of Zorro)

I don't know if you consider this PR weaseling, but at Comic-Con Orci said this when asked about the challenges of adapting a book to the screen:

quote:
Source

[The biggest challenge is] [n]ormally find the writer, but I didn’t have to write it. Gavin actually had the terrible challenge of adapting this, which was great.

There are other sources that corroborate that Gavin Hood was the writer of the script with little involvement on the writing front by Kurtzman and Orci, but I don't have time to dig them up. Hope that clears this up, though.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.