FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ian and I, a new dream pg 4 (May) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ian and I, a new dream pg 4 (May)
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's that glamour of un-life that clings about his preternatural body.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bok, next time you go to Acadia, take me along, okay?

See, I've got this HUGE camera--in case your head won't fit elsewhere anymore...

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta be Viggo for me. [Kiss]

quote:
Orlano Bloom was actually hotter in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Indeed he was. [Smile]

And as a side note: Ralphie, it's kind of funny when you call Eruvė "Eru" - Eru is one of the Quenya names for God. [Razz]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Believe me, I knew you weren't calling me Gollum, and even if you were, I'm remarkably resistant to ego-shattering remarks. [Smile]

Hey, at least I wasn't compared to Little Nemo, eh, Stormy?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Bok-
Just because you seemed a little unsure, I thought I'd note that we could have guessed the "S" in A/S/L. ::pat pat::

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sal! [Eek!]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Yeah, but I never let intelligence get in the way of a good joke [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

Ralphie [Wave]

I love how this thread twisted into a Bok-luvin' contest.

Wait! Why Bok? [Grumble]

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I was busy that day.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Hey, there ain't no Bok-luvin' going on in here! I ain't nothing but tough love, like that piece of unidentifiable vegetable that gets caught between your lower-left first and second molars, no, your upper-right third and fourth molars!

Yeah.

-Bok

Ralphie
Member # 1565

<--- has availability to Bok Lovin' 24/7.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

(Psst, Sal, just post your photos and link to them deftly in an unrelated thread. Jatraqueras dig that thing; they eat it up!)

-Bok

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, and Sal - get yer booticus on AIM and tell me where the heckaroonie you've been, or it's over between us.

If you don't have AIM, then get it.

::taps foot impatiently::

Sal
Member # 3758

I'm too considerate to post any pics, Bok. See, the rate at which Ralphie goes, she'd turn into a stalker for sure if I did. [Smile]

(No AIM, sorry [Frown] . Oh, and I've been busy driving around Boston trying to eliminate the competition...)

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did I just read this entire thread instead of going to bed?

Anyway, I think Meriadoc is way hotter than he gets credit for.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
I read this thread with the same sick fascination that I occasionally encounter when I start flicking through one of those magazins for teenage girls. [Angst]

Also, Aragorn is hot. Especially that slo-mo bit in FOTR when he's on Amon Hen and he turns to fight the orcs and... *goes all dreamy* [Blushing]

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
EG, that just reminded me of this comment that Eddie made in a thread long long ago. I almost broke something, I was laughing so hard. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind being called "Eru"...

quote:
And as a side note: Ralphie, it's kind of funny when you call Eruvė "Eru" - Eru is one of the Quenya names for God.
Thanks a lot, JaneX! Now they're not gonna call me that anymore! (and how'd you get the dots over the "e"? [Hail] )

And Annie, Pippin is hotter than Merry. Did I ever mention that my cat's name is Pippin? Yep, and my other cat's name was Merry, but we don't have him anymore. [Cry]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I had two kittens named Merry and Pippin, but a dog killed them. [Frown]

Pippin is hotter than Merry, but when you look at the actors out of character, it is reversed, IMO.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a cat named pooka, but I think the neighbor poisoned it.

I have to say, most of my dreams since thursday or whenever I started this have just been worrying and forgettable.

Maybe this was a true dream from the keeper. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Nobody noticed my Eddie Whiteshoes link??!! Come on people, it's hilarious!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(and how'd you get the dots over the "e"?)
Alt + 137 [Smile]
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, JaneX!

Olivet, I'm sorry about your kittens. That's so sad.

Has anyone noticed how much cats and hobbits have in common? They both:
1. are very stealthy
2. love to eat
3. are hairy/furry
4. are small
5. tend to be "large in the belly"
there was more, but I can't think of it now...

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. [Frown] I have since learned that it is just a BAD IDEA to name a pet after a favorite character in a book. My first pet cat was named Cat in the Hat, which somehow evolved into "Kitty Hitty"-- a name change that no doubt saved her life. She lived into her teens.

Every other pet I have named for a character has come to a bad end, or else had to be given up (I always find better than suitable homes for pets I cannot keep. Maneki Neko sleeps on a mink-covered window seat. [Eek!] Oedipus didn't get on very well when I got married. Pooped in the hubby's shoes. It was the gorgeous hubby or the gorgeous Persian. Tough call.

I now have Tess, who is well despite being named after a D'Urberville, Smudge, Aloysius, and Groucho/Hitler (depending on her mood). Think four is a lot of kitties? Tess was preggers when I rescued her, and I only found a good home for one of the babies (I'm PICKY). My sister has, erm, seven, I think.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bump*

[Evil]

pooka, you know I love you! [Kiss]

pooka
Member # 5003

I did read your link from Eddie:
quote:
By the way, are any other guys finding themselves disturbingly attracted to Frodo?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Lalo knows that I link to that whenever I have the chance. It's just so stinking funny!!! [Big Grin]
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eru is one of the Quenya names for God
Uh oh. Not because Eruve isn't godlike, but I have an entire nationality of people called Eru...anyone who reads the story will think I copied...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I find it odd that he uses the word "disturbingly". [Dont Know]
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo is both very smart and very sensitive. The bravado's a cover.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

One of my volumes of Encyclopedia Brittanica begins with "Lalo". I can't escape him. It's some French composer, I guess.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Angst]
*thwacks Narnia for resurrecting this thread*

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand why everybody thought Eowyn was so hot. [Confused]

I think she's attractive, but she's not head-over-heels gorgeous, as many people here think. Now Galadriel, she was hot! [Big Grin] [Embarrassed] Since most of the characters are men, I think women had more oogling time. No fair! [Razz]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I don't know what the deal is. I've only had one hot dream about Viggo Mortensen. In this dream, though, my husband is played by the guy most famous as Shooter McGavin from "Happy Gilmore". I think I was being played by Gillian Anderson :gives everyone a stern look:

We were touring a building of historical significance, like a library at University of Chicago or something. My husband has a cadre of no good cads, headed by Billy Crystal.

As we are leaving, Ian and I are slightly ahead of the group and there is a foyer enclosed by double doors. As we enter the foyer there is a moment of privacy in which I tell him of my longing to kiss him. He deigns to let me kiss his hand a few times. But to our horror Lt. Crystal is observing us through a forgetten window, one of the architectural distinctions of this venue.

Then the dream shifted into hanging out with Julia Duffy from "Intolerable Cruelty" and also a former neighbor of ours who was asking how we came to paint the interior of our former residence a pale green. I was puzzled as well. My first home was that color inside, a shade called "Infatuation" and my husband in real life had hated it.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.