FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ian and I, a new dream pg 4 (May) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ian and I, a new dream pg 4 (May)
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think all demihumans probably fall in the same category as animals and aliens with regard to sin and all that. Christianity probably doesn't apply to them because the bible is for all mankind.

Now, I don't know what Eru has to say about it. He might be more picky.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Orlando Bloom] During the filming for Lord of the Rings, Orlando fell off his horse and broke one of his ribs.
quote:
[Viggo Mortensen] During the filming for Lord of the Rings, Orlando fell off his horse and broke one of his ribs.
Orlando Bloom is dating Kate Bosworth.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Did I forget to welcome you Youth ap Orem?

Welcome to Hatrack! (oh, yeah, and E.N. too)

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
What about half-elves?
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in Tolkiens world they basically fell under the same rules and morals. Tolkien was a christian after all, and his books reflect that.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
Whee!! Thanks Erik, when mafia starts i'll make sure to vote to kill you [Big Grin]
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn her... [Grumble]
Someone wanna help me assasinat Kate Bosworth?
[Evil]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I thought the LoTR books potrayed half-elves as either having to declare for either humans or elves? If that's so, then if they declare for humans, clearly their days of 'frolicking' in the meadows are over.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, in Tolkiens world they basically fell under the same rules and morals. Tolkien was a christian after all, and his books reflect that
EN - You're a very serious person, aren't you.

::grins::

edit: For clarity, because apparently I need to hand out secret decoder rings when I post. [Razz]

[ September 18, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

No comments on female dwarves? [Cry]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Yes I'm serious, Why?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

dwaves = demihumans
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, my most popular thread to date and it's the one I wish would just die die die. What's the term for something that totally makes sense at the time you do it but later you go "AAAhg!"

quote:
And in "real life", that Klingon girl from Enterprise is my favorite, though Seven of Nine is a cute Borg too.

I meant real life where I know that Ian McKellan is the actor playing Gandalf, and also where I don't also have a ring of power that can only be destroyed by throwing it into my hot tub. Because it's made of papier mache, don't you know.

I must say... I recognized Viggo Mortensen from 28 days, but I thought he played Jesus in the miniseries from a couple of years ago, which apparently he did not. But I don't always associate him with the first place I would have seen him, which was one of the Amish in Witness.

But I guess it shows I'm homophobic that I would post a thread about me and Ian McKellan but *not* me and Mackillian.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

dwarves=hairy
Female dwarves=just as hairy

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Eruve Nandiriel, you gotta explain to me how being gay is "sinful" but knocking off Kate Bosworth isn't.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
*Grabs a bag of popcorn and watches the lyching*
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

Youth=hairless
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Ok, ok, we'll just have to get them separated....somehow....
Nothing Really Matters
Member # 5685

- posted      Profile for Nothing Really Matters   Email Nothing Really Matters         Edit/Delete Post 
she wasn't that bad Blue Crush. i enjoyed that movie.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I wanna see that movie so I can burn it.....
Darn her.... [Grumble]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Orlano Bloom was actually hotter in Pirates of the Caribbean. [Big Grin]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Youth, the Mafia will likely preclude that vote. How long have you been lurking???
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

I've been at the site for a couple months, but i just found the forums maybe a month ago, and only now have i gotten the guts to post. I'm shy [Frown]
pooka
Member # 5003

My brother tried to explain to me that LOTR was deeply symbolic of some kind of religious stuff. I think he was saying it was actually catholic, which means that with him being English it would have to be not as obvious as in C.S. Lewis. I was like, whatever.

Though I guess Gandalf got stuck in my subconscious because I wanted to post about whether he fell through the center of the earth in the 'C in Furlongs/Fortnight" thread. But I never got around to it. So it came out in my dream. Worked its way out. "came out" is the wrong expression there.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Welcome, kid. [Hat]

edit: Get outta my way, pooka. [Razz]

[ September 18, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Happy to have another servant of Chaos around!
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I joined a day and a half ago, ind this is my 138'th post. [Big Grin]
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

Thanks Ralphie, sorry for calling you a man earlier. I'm learning. [Wall Bash] Eru, you are the postmaster!
Nothing Really Matters
Member # 5685

- posted      Profile for Nothing Really Matters   Email Nothing Really Matters         Edit/Delete Post 
QUALITY not quantity [Big Grin]
Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

By the way, since we're on the subjest of LotR, my name is my IRL name in Quenya. [Big Grin]
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

You just saying that cause you have only 2 [Laugh]
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Did you guys post in the "New Members Post Here Thread" yet? No one has posted there for days...
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*whacks nothing really matters*

I didn't know there was a new member's thread...

Nothing Really Matters
Member # 5685

that's because you're a new member. DUH.

and, besides...nothing really matters.

[ September 18, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Nothing Really Matters ]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Here ya go. I bumped it for you too.

New Members Post Here

It's useful for getting people to understand you.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

ARRRG! I jest spent the last few minutes looking for it...and still didn't find it... [Grumble]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

People still go to that side of the river, Erik?

Oh, and for the n00bs - the Hatrack Photo Album is located here. It helps you get acquainted with everyone, and their gender. Everyone is in alphabetical order, and if you poke around www.foobonic.com a bit, then you'll see the get-together pics. [Smile]

[ September 18, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

I think I posted, but I received no love. Now though I'm getting a little love.
pooka
Member # 5003

I never posted in new members post here. I thought it was kind of like one of those things where you fill out a survey and they send you coupons and junk mail. Not in any studied, structural way. Just in a level of intelligence way.

Don't do it, Eruve! though I did scan FAQ's for newcomers .

"Hey, TEACHER, Leave those kids alone!"

[ September 18, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

don't do what? Post there?
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

Who's sexier, Ian McKellen or Patrick Stuart?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Doh!

My "real life" statement was just to point out something amusing to me; saying real life, and then listing the character names.

I knew what you meant [Smile]

As for the other issue, I tried to preface it as clearly as possible, without completely killing the joke.

But I failed.

I will now accept punishment from the assembled Hatrackers.

*winces in anticipation*

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Wow, Ralphie. I thought you were a guy. I guess I can't go by usernames...
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

OOOH! A Spanking!!!
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*bops Bok on head*

Sean Connerey is hotter than Ian McKellan and Patrick Stuart.

Nothing Really Matters
Member # 5685

::thinks the age of the people considered hot needs to drop by AT LEAST 20 years::
pooka
Member # 5003

I'm glad you didn't say "Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart *combined*"

Naughty naught Bok.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*laughs*
yes, good point. what I meant was more attractive, though not really hot. But in his younger days....*sigh*

Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

Just 20 years? Danny Devito and Chevy Chase then?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*shocked at Youth ap Orem*
I think Johnny Depp is hot, too. And Tobey McGuire.

[ September 18, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.