FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Do you think OSC would mind? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you think OSC would mind?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is that a program runs itself, so it can have an implementation that allows it to shut off after a certain period of time. A music file gets run on another program, so that program would have to stop playing the file after a certain period of time. Even if all the major sound programs did this, it would probably take about a week for the net to be flooded with programs that simply didn't take time into account. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chamrajngar
Member # 3242

- posted      Profile for Chamrajngar   Email Chamrajngar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that, in the face of a great author, you should buy. I have never downloaded a book. But, as someone mentioned before, they do have stuff that monitors where you go, do stuff, and download from and what. scarry huh.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chamrajngar
Member # 3242

- posted      Profile for Chamrajngar   Email Chamrajngar         Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, I am 12...
Posts: 197 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mialith2713
Member # 5246

- posted      Profile for Mialith2713   Email Mialith2713         Edit/Delete Post 
i bought the entire enders series, and still dled the series in an acrobat document.

im not a normal person.
im not a normal person.
im not a...

Posts: 45 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mialith2713
Member # 5246

- posted      Profile for Mialith2713   Email Mialith2713         Edit/Delete Post 
course i also dled a reading of EG on kazaa.
and got pissed when it was abridged.
and still kept it.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.