FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » fanmail

Author Topic: fanmail
josif
Member # 5199

- posted      Profile for josif   Email josif         Edit/Delete Post 
hi, does anybody know any contacts for Card, like where to send any fan mail?
i have been poking around, but cant even find an email address. [Confused]

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steel
Member # 3342

- posted      Profile for Steel   Email Steel         Edit/Delete Post 
Surprisingly, neither can I.

*sits back and waits for a Card to show up, and enlighten us*

Posts: 497 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
You should try to e-mail kacard, but I think her husband don't answer often to his fans.
Well, it's just a thing I heard, I haven't actually tried.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
At a booksigning, OSC said that he does not spend much time on the internet/forums. He said if he did that he would not get any writing done.

E-mail his wife Kristine and she might pass it along.

She posts here every now and then.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If you actually want to send mail, address to:

PO Box 18184
Greensboro NC 27419-8184

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gnome
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for Gnome   Email Gnome         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume he is really busy, I mailed him a letter a few months ago and have not heard back. Not sure if he responds to letters, or even has time to assuming the volume of letters he may recieve, but only time shall tell. As a polite gesture, I would include an envelope with your address and a stamp, if you are interested in a response.
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
At one of his book signings a couple years ago, he had cards that had his email address on it. If I remember correctly, it's orsoncard@aol.com. I'm assuming he won't mind if I post his email address here. I sent him an email once, and he actually responded (though the response was somewhat delayed, I think).
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn Gnome -- I'm sorry you didn't get a reply. We really do try hard -- but sometimes it does get overwhelming, especially when Scott is working hard on a book like he has been doing recently with Crystal City.

Papa Moose posted the correct address for snail mail.

If you want to email -- truly your best option is to go to the "OSC Help Desk" link at the top of the page and fill out the form there. If you chose the email option that says something like "Information about OSC" it goes straight to his assistant and she can give you the answer you want or get your letter to OSC when he comes out of his most recent project.

Kristine

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrFantastic
Member # 5115

- posted      Profile for MrFantastic   Email MrFantastic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Steel]*sits back and waits for a Card to show up, and enlighten us*
*and is now validated*.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gnome
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for Gnome   Email Gnome         Edit/Delete Post 
No apology necessary Mrs. Card, this website in itself is beyond the call of duty for any writer as far as I am concerned. I can understand how busy things can get. I myself am finishing up my first novel. My first fantasy novel is about half complete, but has been put on hold until it starts writing itself once again. Even a third idea is interrupting all my efforts, but I suppose I must learn to focus on one book through till completion. Best of luck [Smile]
Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
josif
Member # 5199

- posted      Profile for josif   Email josif         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks everybody for your help, i must say that i got more than i expected.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sibyl
Member # 10079

- posted      Profile for Sibyl   Email Sibyl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.