FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What's Up With Locke?

Author Topic: What's Up With Locke?
An-Arche
Member # 4501

- posted      Profile for An-Arche   Email An-Arche         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, exactly, do we need THREE different threads to discuss one character in an OSC series [Eek!] ? Man, he must be a whopper of a character. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
altaris
Member # 4310

- posted      Profile for altaris   Email altaris         Edit/Delete Post 
Locke IS a really interesting character - and lots of guys on this forum like planning about how they can "create" a Locke [Razz]
Posts: 117 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An-Arche
Member # 4501

- posted      Profile for An-Arche   Email An-Arche         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys, maybe we could make this space staton thats really selective and stuff. For training smart generals, and then we could DENY someone, but take they're little brother.

That might work.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you guys even know who Locke is? [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLcke
Member # 5171

- posted      Profile for JLcke   Email JLcke         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick-

John Locke the british philosopher, John Locke the adolescent Hegemon, or John Locke the me?

--Locke

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Okay, I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't ignorant of the fact that John Locke was a man that lived in the time of the birth of the United States. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLcke
Member # 5171

Nick-

1632-1704
He sparked many revolutionary ideas in the colonies, but not for some time. He preached freedom and the true meaning of Liberty. My parents taught me about Locke when I was young and I began to read his writings shortly thereafter.

--Locke

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah I was gonna say... he was quite dead [Wink]
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
You fools! Locke is a character in FF3/FF6.

[Wink]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steel
Member # 3342

- posted      Profile for Steel   Email Steel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 497 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, technically it's only two threads about Locke, since the "Where is our Locke" thread is essentially the same thread. One has a typo in the title corrected, and that's about the only difference.

So . . . yeah . . .

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
I maintain that that is not a typo, and that "Where is our Locke" is correct.

Think about it as a sentence, as opposed to a title. If you're actually asking it, it is "Where is our Locke?"

Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaucon
Member # 5227

- posted      Profile for Glaucon   Email Glaucon         Edit/Delete Post 
What does this have to do with anything? Who cares? other than you guys obviously?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steel
Member # 3342

Quiet, you.
Posts: 497 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaucon
Member # 5227

Sorry. I think it should be Our not our.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steel
Member # 3342

Well, do you type like that? Or, should I say, "Do You Type Like That?"
Glaucon
Member # 5227

no. the "our" should be capitalized because it is essentially a title and it is the accent of the sentence. You will learn about maybe later if you learn persuasive writing styles. Where is Our Locke emphasizes the need for us to have a Locke. Its more indicative of the concepts in the thread. But I don't care so...
Steel
Member # 3342

Well, if you don't care, I don't care.

So... what's up with Locke? Or, should I say... "What's Up With Locke?"

Glaucon
Member # 5227

Amen to that. What IS up with Locke?
JLcke
Member # 5171

Glaucon-

Nothing much. I've just been working on some essays and nuturing a budding relationship. It's very kind of you to show such concern for me. Thank you, all of you.

--Locke

Nick
Member # 4311

What's up with overly self-involved people?

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
You're a fine one to talk, Nick . . . [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Be nice Shan . . . [Big Grin]

I'm not really self-involved, am I? [Big Grin] [Razz]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmm . . . . I dunno -

are you really talking to me?????

[Wink]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrFantastic
Member # 5115

- posted      Profile for MrFantastic   Email MrFantastic         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Who's talking to who, here?!?
Posts: 49 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.