FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » DOG???

Author Topic: DOG???
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you believe in dog? If so, why? If not, why not?
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I believe in Dog because I talk to him everyday.
I also believe in my imaginary friend be cause I talk to him everyday.

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

Well, I'm a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac; I stay up all night wondering whether there really is a dog.
suntranafs
Member # 3318

Ok, now I've fulfilled 100% of my daily requirement of being dopey And cruel, in one fell swoop!
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
In fact I'd say you're covered for at least a week. [Wink]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I may not beleive in dog.. but I beleive in dogging on other people's threads, so, yay!

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a dog living across the street from me. It's an Airdaille (sp?) that constantly has this blank look on its face, so I question whether or not it's cognisant.

So, yes, I believe in Dog. As to whether or not he's a Dog worth believing in, I'll let the philosophers argue over that one. The dyslexic insomniac agnostic ones.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nico
Member # 4617

- posted      Profile for Nico   Email Nico         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe in dog!
My yellow aligator tells me to not believe it.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
*who let the dogs out*
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be incorrect to say that I do not believe in Dog, because that presupposes the existence of a Dog, or dogs.

It is part of the overall Doggist conspiracy to make the "existence" of Dog a basic tenet of human thought and dialectic response, and--personally--I resent the hell out of it.

It would be far better to say that I believe that no such thing as a Dog, or dogs exist.

[edited to correct logic structure of above statement]

More importantly, just what do mean by "Dog"? I have heard Dog defined in so many different ways that I've personally lost track of which One Dog I'm supposed to believe (or not believe) in.

Besides, the belief in Dog has cause this world more misery than just about any other belief around.

-Steve (a spiritual adoggist)

[ July 14, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: ssywak ]

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

*rolls on floor laughing at ssywak's post*
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EnderWiggin2004
Member # 5366

- posted      Profile for EnderWiggin2004   Email EnderWiggin2004         Edit/Delete Post 
Suntranafs: You're idiocy outweights your comedy!
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
Suntranafs: You're idiocy outweights your comedy!
EnderWiggin2004: Your oversensitive outlook outweighs your ability to be logical then. [Big Grin] [Razz]

It's a dobie. He's making fun of the thread, not you. It's not personal. If you don't understand the concept of a dobie thread, then you're still a newbie.

Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, what does a person have to do to get slighted around here!?!

Clearly, I'm just not offending the right people.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

ssywak, you're a loser, and your post was in VERY poor taste. It wasn't funny at all. [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
The think the question the first post was trying to ask was, do you believe spotted llamas?

And really, it all depends on the number of spots.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

Thank you, Nick. At least somebody understands.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't beleive in DOG. I used to but then I asked DOG to help me find my shoes, and he didn't. DOG had failed me when I needed him most, and I lost my faith DOG as a result.

I know this thread is about beleif in DOG, but I have seen some good posts on other message boards about beleif in GOD, and I thaught I'd repost them here:

"Yes I beleive in God, why do I beleive in God, because I am a gulible idiot who beleives what ever books tell me, but I don't know what to beleive now that I've started reading the Odyssy."

"I beleive in God, because during the crusades, inquisitions, and witch hunts we killed all those who didn't, and anything that people have to be forced to beleive at the end of a sword must be true."

"I don't beleive in God because my Christian friends always talk about God's forgiveness, so if they're right and this loving and forgiving God exist then God will forgive me, so I'm still covered. My real problem is that when I ask my friends who are full of faith how know that they are right about what is "the truth" they claim it is obviouse and thus they can see it, but if the truth is so obvious then the real truth was brobaply known to some ancient culture who our ancestors, or Alexander, or the Romans Killed off or converted, so theirgods are probably really mad at us."

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Honestly I am a dyslexic, insomniac, Catholic, who beleives in both GOD and dog, but these quotes were to funny not to share. I hope I didn't offend anyone, or at least anyone I know.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Marek, have you read the book Timeline? I'm just curious because one of the main characters in that book has a last name of Marek, and he goes by Marek. Coincidence?
Marek
Member # 5404

No Nick, I haven't read Timeline. I think I got the name from Enchantment, so I guess it is a coincidence, sorry.
suntranafs
Member # 3318

For the record, EnderWiggin2004, Thanks. [Cool]

yours,
The Idiot

[ July 16, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: suntranafs ]

filetted
Member # 5048

This thread strikes me as a little one-sided, as we haven't heard any of the dogs weigh in yet....
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

Filleted,

Hello! That's because there is no DOG!

To paraphrase a previous post on P-Web:

quote:
Dog doesn't work. Dog isn't. And I hope that Dog can forgive you for your avatar
(Hmm...that doesn't make much sense, does it)

--Steve

DOG
Member # 5428

- posted      Profile for DOG   Email DOG         Edit/Delete Post 
AM I?

oh, wait...I'm sorry...

I AM!

(I'm a little dyslexic myslef)

Posts: 121 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

Dog,

you are a false Dog. Dog would not post like that.

flish

DOG
Member # 5428

I am the one Dog. You shall have no other dogs before me!

I am what I am , and that's all what I am!

Who are you to claim that you truly know the ways of Dog?!?!

Here's my favorite:
Can Dog create a bone so big that Dog cannot bury it?

Or:
Can Dog hide a bone so well that Dog cannot find it again?

--Dog

Posts: 121 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

*piddles on Dog's bone*

Thou art not The Dog.

The Dog would speak otherwise and express herself differently.

[Razz]

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The Dog? The One True Dog?

There's a good boy, who's a good boy? He is, yes he is.

Fetch! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

"Eslaine?!??!!"

close

*awaits true resonance of the dog*

[Big Grin]

filetted
Member # 5048

"Ruff ruff"

*sniff* *sniff*

Stradling
Member # 1182

- posted      Profile for Stradling   Email Stradling         Edit/Delete Post 
So is the purpose of man's life to become more like Dog?

If Dog is one's Father, what does that make one? Of course, we haven't specified the gender of Dog. Since we've made one reversal...

Alden

Posts: 90 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DOG
Member # 5428

eslaine,

WOOF!

(pant, pant, pant)

YOU MUST ALL NOW BOW DOWN

AND SCRATCH THE BELLY OF DOG

(now, doesn't that make you feel better)

eslaine
Member # 5433

*scratches Dog behind the ears*

Oops, you're due for Advantage! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

*wag* *wag* *wag*

*pant*

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an intersting theory about Dog and the anti-dog, Cat. Bear with me, because some of the things may be blasphemous to ardent believers in Dog.

You provide dog with food, water, and affection, and it thinks, "They give me miraculous things, they must be gods!"

You provide cat with food, water, and affection, and it thinks, "They give me food, water, and love, I must be a god!"

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adeimantus
Member # 5219

- posted      Profile for Adeimantus   Email Adeimantus         Edit/Delete Post 
Cat is too sinister to be a god. Dog must be the answer. I believe!!!!
Posts: 107 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
We don't trust our blind with our cats.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
The (bogus) mathematical equation for "finding the dog'

if X equals the number of chipmunks in a forest, X * 16 will give you Y which is the number of chipmunks in the forest times 16. If one multiplies Y by the number of known giant sea turtles on the mountain peaks in saskatchewan, one receives L. WHich is the number of chipmunks in the forest times 16 times the number of sea turtles on the mountain peaks in saskatchewan.

If we take L and add 1 we can then proceed to the final step of calculating if dog exists and in what numbers.

(L+1)N = The number of dogs on the planet.

Provided N equals the number of dogs on the planet that is.

[ August 06, 2003, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Laurenz0 ]

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
DOG is too congenial to my interests for me to be comfortable believing in DOG. I worry that I would only believe in DOG because I already agree with the things DOG stands for, not because there is evidence that DOG exists.

I therefore choose to believe that CAT is the way and the truth.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
How can u fallow CAT when DOG is sio much better as i now expline:
DOG=Do Only Good
CAT=Cant Accept Truth
I rest my case DOG shall prevale. [The Wave]

Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DOG
Member # 5428

(DOG pants and smiles that dog-smile that only dog-lovers understand, walks around 3 times and sits down, drooling on your shoes in gratitude)

BTW, it's "Prevail," and, "Yes, I shall" (but in a passive, friendly sort of way).

Here's another point--the show wasn't "Davey and his stupid cat," it was "Davey and Goliath." (well, "David"--but he'll always be Davey to me...)

--DOG.

filetted
Member # 5048

ahh doglet...

*pats sleeping/drooling DOG*

so small a cranium, so large a reservoir of wisdom.

[Smile]

*leaves leftover tupper-ware next to DOG's dish*

eslaine
Member # 5433

woof.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
We're allowed to dobie on this side?

Oh my word, so many wasted months!

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
It is clear to me that DOG must have existed for do we not see the yellow snow? Do we not have the dry and hard DOG turds that prove that a DOG must have made them?

However it may well be that DOG has left us here to tend to ourselves, doing our own fetching and pulling our own sledges.

Therefore it is of no practical value to call the DOG, or to heap affection on the DOG to try to get ahead in the universe DOG has left us. It is clear that DOG expects us to get along without him inside the world he has given us.

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

*dies laughing at bc's post*
stone_maiden
Member # 4071

- posted      Profile for stone_maiden   Email stone_maiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I don't think you should be making fun of DOG...it's belittling to His name...whatever form it's in...note how I'm cracking up as I'm typing this.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.