FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Where to find Ender's game leatherbound edition

Author Topic: Where to find Ender's game leatherbound edition
Socrates
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Socrates   Email Socrates         Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying to find the leatherbound edition of the Ender's game from dozen of different online bookstores (mostly concentrated on out of print & used books). Didn't succeed.

If someone you know owns a copy or you know how to find out the ISBN of the book I would appreciate it.

Also if you know of any store where it is sold.

-soc

Posts: 148 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Shouts* Calvin? Where are you?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
When were those printed? I never even knew they existed!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
Neither did I! Actually, there's only been one leather bound book I've ever been interested in, and that would have to be Animal Farm.

Edit: I don't know why I mentioned Animal Farm, I just think it's a very good book...and it also comes out in a leather bound edition. If only I had the money! [Wall Bash]

[ September 08, 2003, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Celtic Flame ]

Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Socrates
Member # 936

Do you by any chance mean Animal Farm by George Orwell?

Then I would check the following item from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3548484149&category=12568

-soc

Posts: 148 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Socrates, how much are you willing to pay for such a book. This thing is a jewel, but I like min,e I have a first edition hardcover of EG, no Easton Press, but nonetheless. [Smile]

I found 1 copy here, $175.00
http://www.ebaystores.com/zedsbooks

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Socrates
Member # 936

I am willing to pay what is needed for the book if the condition is like new. There are of course some limits as I am still a student.

I am looking for a leather bound edition from TOR (I found the ISBN number):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312854021/102-8395894-6690517?v=glance

I did not found a picture of that book but very similar (TOR leather bound) would be one that is on sale at eBay. Ender's game should be brown.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3550074113&category=13542

SteveH
Member # 6467

- posted      Profile for SteveH   Email SteveH         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought this edition when it came out. Its black leather in a slipcase. signed and numbered (mine is 11 of 200) I have never read this edition. Only opened to look at the signed and numbered page. I reread my paperback when I want to read it again. I would be willing to sell the leather edition if the offer was reasonable.

(I know this thread is old but I just registered.)

[ April 18, 2004, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: SteveH ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops. I'm just a little bit late, aren't I Hobbes? [Wink]
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.