FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Alvin Maker books

Author Topic: Alvin Maker books
Max Factor
Member # 5474

- posted      Profile for Max Factor   Email Max Factor         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a "package" you could buy with all the Alvin Maker books, ex. 1-5. Whenever I go and look for some of his books at several book stores, they have to order them in, and I have to wait 5-10 days. That's valuable OSC time I could be having.

[ September 08, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Max Factor ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not with all five, as far as I know. There are two omnibus volumes, though -- Hatrack River and Alvin Wandering. The first has novels one through three, the second has four and five. They're book club editions, but I'm told they're still available -- but you'd have to order them.

Why don't you just go ahead and order the five books? I mean, how long have you been looking? That's valuable time, too.

Good luck finding them in short order.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Max Factor
Member # 5474

- posted      Profile for Max Factor   Email Max Factor         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about that, but it will be a week or so till I get my check...well might as well do my homework. [Mad]

[ September 08, 2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Max Factor ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometime in September a special priced volume of Seventh Son will come out. I believe it will be $3.99 -- and will include a $4.00 coupon that can be mailed in for a refund when you purchase Crystal City. Making Seventh Son basically free. So, that will be an excellent deal. They are also reissuing all the paperbacks of the first five volumes with slightly revised covers (the art is the same) in anticipation of the release of Crystal City. So, pretty soon they should be everywhere [Smile]

[ September 08, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, yeah, that's another option. [Smile]

At least if I'm gonna get trumped for not knowing Jack, it's by someone who's the Queen of hospitality, married to the King of speculative fiction, and who is Aces in my book. Yes, quite a Card she is.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop, your wit is truly amazing.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
kacard, I saw that special addition of seventh son at one or our local borders a couple of days ago. Just letting you know, its out now! [Smile]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good thing. I've had the worst time getting my hands on Prentice Alvin and Alvin Journeyman.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered the Seventh Son version that kacard mentioned through amazon.com. It is $3.99 with the refund coupon. Just to reaffirm, cyruseh... [Big Grin]
I have also had an extremely terrible time finding Prentice Alvin. I haven't, however, checked with amazon yet...
[Smile]

*edited for spelling errors. Man, my fingers must be tired!!

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

[ September 09, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ksig
Member # 5625

- posted      Profile for Ksig   Email Ksig         Edit/Delete Post 
what's the best place to buy them? Cuz whenever i go to barns 'n noble i can never find the one i'm looking for. NEVER!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.